drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

order of chest exercises - does the actual weight matter?

I was thinking about something. When I train chest, I always do the heaviest exercise first the lighter one second and the lightest and easiest one last.

I start with bench 4x8, then incline bench 4x8, and as a last exercise i do cable press 3x12. Now the cable press is the exercise where you can move the least weight and the easiest because you don't have to balance the weight. the heavy bench press is potentially the most awkward and has the most risk of injury because it's the exercise where you can go the heaviest plus your fres, so you have to use real heavy weight

How about doing it backwards. I do the easiest exercise first...cable presses. I don't have to balance the bar and I can't move to much weight, so it's very easy on the joints vs heavy benching. Then I do incline, a little fatigued, and you can't incline press a lot anyway so they weight should be pretty light, but I still can move it only for 4x8. Then the last exercise is bench, with double fatigue the weight should be low enough to be real easy on the joints and easy to control...

You think that would diminish gains if you do it like that? Is it a difference as far as growth stimulation goes? Or is it the same, as long as I can only do 8 reps

Thank you

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not necessarily. I’ve sometines done other exercises before moving onto to major compounds, etc. Experiment and try things out.

But I never really consider an exercise to be easy. Shouldn’t you be putting in effort with every exercise? Or are you just doing meaningless reps to get in a certain number of sets?
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well the effort stays the same, with lighter weight because of the fatigue. I do 4x8...usually it looks something like 8,8,7,6, or 8,8,8,7, when I can do 4x8 I go up in weight.

But when i do 4x8 flat bench press first, with 100kg it's a big difference in control and stress on the joints, as if I would do it last with 60kg. Cable press is easy on the joints and easy to control, but it's a good exercise. Incline press is easier because you can't lift as much, and you are already fatigued at the second exercise so it's always kind of easy to control and I like that. Heavy benching as the first exercise can be kind of awkward at times. I like those sets when I am fatigued and can use light weights that give me good resistance because of the fatigue. I don't have a spotter either (I use the safety pins from time to time) so it's potentially even safer to not always handle the heaviest weight
    Last edited by drunkenmaster1; 01-15-2021 at 05:04 PM.

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Any reason in particular you’re aiming for just 8 reps? What are your training goals, what are you trying to accomplish? Have you considered incorporating a mixture of high and low rep sets for both strength and hypertrophy training?
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

Some exercises I do 3x 12 reps with, like cable exercises, or certain isolation exercises...sometimes do them all to failure, or strip weight off, do drop sets..etc

Upper body free weight compound exercises, 8 reps is what I like the most, it doesn't feel too heavy or too light...its the most fun...

Low reps and power lifting I do when I work on my dips and pull ups, because I weigh 105kg, and worked my way up from zero, to 5x5 with 20kg on my waist and stuff like that. But I don't enjoy powerlifting that much so for months at a time i be obsessed at working on my dips and pullups, then I stop doing them for months, often when I pull a muscle or a joint gets sore. Oh with squats and deadlift I do a 5x5 scheme.