Thread: New to gym

BlameCollin96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New to gym

Hi there I'm 5'7" pushing 210 and I jiggle for lack of better words I want too hover around 185-190 but I want to be bulked up any advice for a newbie? Should I build muscle then cut fat or vice versa? Please help

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BlameCollin96 View Post
    Hi there I'm 5'7" pushing 210 and I jiggle for lack of better words I want too hover around 185-190 but I want to be bulked up any advice for a newbie? Should I build muscle then cut fat or vice versa? Please help
    Well you have a minimim of 25lbs to lose, probably more since you'll have to undershoot your target weight and build muscle to replace fat.

The order of doing this is not that important. You'll probably hear that you have to reach some low % like 12 before bulking but you can build muscle at any time - it's just that you won't necessarily be able to see it when there is a layer of fat over the top.

I would start by cutting for as long as you can tolerate but you can switch back and forth between phases if you get tired of constant dieting.

The key thing is that you don't have to pile fat back on when you "bulk", you may not even need a calorie surplus - see if you can make progress with your lifting in the gym without one initially.

BlameCollin96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Well you have a minimim of 25lbs to lose, probably more since you'll have to undershoot your target weight and build muscle to replace fat.

The order of doing this is not that important. You'll probably hear that you have to reach some low % like 12 before bulking but you can build muscle at any time - it's just that you won't necessarily be able to see it when there is a layer of fat over the top.

I would start by cutting for as long as you can tolerate but you can switch back and forth between phases if you get tired of constant dieting.

The key thing is that you don't have to pile fat back on when you "bulk", you may not even need a calorie surplus - see if you can make progress with your lifting in the gym without one initially.
    What should my caloric intake be during my cut?

bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100)
    When I started going to the gym, I ate a lot and built muscles, after two years of training when I achieved the required mass I've started doing more cardio and functional training to lose fat. Maybe it is not ok but my friend who has achieved great results recommended me to work in such a way.

Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100) Osvterson is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by BlameCollin96 View Post
    If you want to lose some fat then you need to start with lower, eat right and monitor your diet