Johnsta04 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How's my squat form?

I was just wondering if this squat form was correct and it was safe to squat this low with a barbell. Could someone review the below video and let me know if the lower back rounding at the bottom is going to cause issue?
    youtu.be/lvwBcR4-wqc
    Also, how's my front squat form?
    youtu.be/jlqiqt1etF4
    Thanks in Advance!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're extending your back with the unweighted squat. Your front squat looks fine. There's no need to go that deep but knock yourself out if it's not causing back or hip issues.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you doing back squats with weight?

Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    Are you doing back squats with weight?
    Hey I do a good amount of back squats. I really have to concentrate on my form to get this low, do you think this is the most depth I can achieve? Cheers
    youtu.be/OVZCVlwOCyY

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Johnsta04 View Post
    Hey I do a good amount of back squats. I really have to concentrate on my form to get this low, do you think this is the most depth I can achieve? Cheers
    youtu.be/OVZCVlwOCyY
    Same problem as with your unweighted. You're extending your back.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You're extending your back with the unweighted squat. Your front squat looks fine. There's no need to go that deep but knock yourself out if it's not causing back or hip issues.
    Thanks man, I know my back rounds a bit but I haven't found any problems adding weight, but depth is the goal for me. Glad you approve the front squat, my upper back looked a little rounded in the video.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man, I know my back rounds a bit but I haven't found any problems adding weight, but depth is the goal for me. Glad you approve the front squat, my upper back looked a little rounded in the video.
    Think TL means you're doing a bit of an intentional reverse arch in your back. Also, is there a specific reason why as much depth as possible is your goal for squatting?

Rounding is flexion. You're extending.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Think TL means you're doing a bit of an intentional reverse arch in your back. Also, is there a specific reason why as much depth as possible is your goal for squatting?
    So you're saying I should be more rounded, won't this put more pressure on my lower back? I'm going for squat depth because I like how a full ass-to-grass squat looks aesthetically.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you're saying I should be more rounded, won't this put more pressure on my lower back? I'm going for squat depth because I like how a full ass-to-grass squat looks aesthetically.
    I wasn't saying to be rounded either, and actually was just translating since you weren't understanding the other post.

Not sure the aesthetic look of an exercise itself is the best end goal for doing it, but to each their own. Regardless, I wouldn't limit yourself exclusively to ATG squats even if you want to do them. You'll lift heavier at parallel or just past, which also looks good aesthetically, among other benefits.

No, just don't extend purposely. That's a bad cue. An unintended compensation for overextension can be butt wink.

Checking out my form, you guys have a point I totally am extending. I'll do a few squats just below parrallel for the gains but I'll keep doing ATG squats too.
    Thanks for the advice all, can't believe I was gonna pay a PT to advise when the good folks here do it for free.