dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need critiques on my leg days

I train legs twice a week with my goals being mass and general strength. Just wondering if my leg days are a bit weak. Looking for feedback on exercise selection and volume. All suggestions are appreciated

Lower 1

Front Squat 3x5-8
    Single-Leg RDL 2x8-12
    Leg Press 2x8-12
    Hamstring Curl 2x12-15
    Calf Raises 2x12-15
    Ab Cable Crunch 2x12-15

Lower 2

Romanian Deadlift 3x5-8
    Barbell Split Squat 2x8-12
    Glute-Ham Raise 2x8-12
    Quad Extensions 2x12-15
    Calf Raises 2x12-15
    Ab Leg Raise 2x12-15

Thanks!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks good to me

tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ime calves respond better to higher volume. Maybe 2-3 more sets and supersets.
    907 crew
    Goes to gym crew
    Plain white T crew
    Cardio crew
    Pc gaming master race crew
    Founding member of Eternal Bulk Society (dissolved 01/02/2021)
    Picture that w a Kodak

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tbonestake View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk that.

Some heavy paused reps, a 2 count is plenty, for sets of 8-12, stretching them the whole time between sets is the way to go. 2 or 3 sets should suffice. At the top you want to shift the weight to the big toe, hold and then come down.

This article explains that big toe thing a little better.
    https://www.ironmanmagazine.com/why-...-great-calves/

Too many people do quickly, jerky reps for stupid high volume. Little do they know all they are doing is using the Achilles’ tendon and not the gastrocs. Speaking of gastrocs, I only focus on standing or donkey calf raises, never sitting. The soleus gets plenty of work from standing and donkey raises and other leg exercises.

The result? Diamond shaped split calves. They have a ways to go, but there better than 99% of other peoples calves in the gym.
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 01-13-2021 at 09:32 PM.

dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dairycorncarne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Looks good to me
    Thanks for the reply. Do you think I’d be better off with back squats and deadlifts as my main movements over fronts + rdls? I tend to ramp up to pretty high volume for legs and so I’m thinking the extra recovery from fronts + rdls might let me get away with that a little better. I’m starting to focus more on unilateral movements too by putting them closer to the start of each workout because I have glaring imbalances between legs.

Originally Posted by tbonestake View Post
    Thanks for the reply. You’re probably right but I feel my calves get worked a decent amount in other movements too (split squats, atg front squats, hamstring exercises etc) and I don’t really want huge calves. I personally don’t think they look very good when they’re big, especially since my thighs are disproportionately smaller.

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk that.

Some heavy paused reps, a 2 count is plenty, for sets of 8-12, stretching them the whole time between sets is the way to go. 2 or 3 sets should suffice. At the top you want to shift the weight to the big toe, hold and then come down.

This article explains that big toe thing a little better.
    https://www.ironmanmagazine.com/why-...-great-calves/

Too many people do quickly, jerky reps for stupid high volume. Little do they know all they are doing is using the Achilles’ tendon and not the gastrocs. Speaking of gastrocs, I only focus on standing or donkey calf raises, never sitting. The soleus gets plenty of work from standing and donkey raises and other leg exercises.

The result? Diamond shaped split calves. They have a ways to go, but there better than 99% of other peoples calves in the gym.
    Yeah I don’t do seated either. I feel standing is better bang for buck anyway since it hits both like you said. And I could be wrong but it just seems that overdevelopment of the soleus would give too much thickness at the bottom, kind of taking away from the gastroc and giving a cankles-like appearance lol. Bigger gastrocs in comparison seem to stand out more, instead of blending in with the soleus, giving the illusion of better shape. I could be completely wrong though.