troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50) troyparsons will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Endurance Training affect on Athleticism

I’ve a competitive tennis player (former college now play and train with high ranked junior players) playing tennis 3-4 hours a day. Lately I’ve also been doing endurance training (long runs, hikes and cycling sessions) 45-60 minutes a day.

My question is has anyone else experienced the feeling of decreased athleticism when they are doing endurance training on top of playing a sport that requires quick burst?

I’m starting to feel much slower on the tennis court when having to change direction and sprint.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is all pretty subjective stuff.
    1) The definition of "athleticism" is very subjective. Do you mean you "feel" slower and less mobile? Do you mean that you "feel" you don't play as well?
    2) There is nothing objective to you actually being slower or having issues with mobility. It's just a subjective feeling.
    3) You're correlating these subjective feelings of causation to the fact that you've been doing additional training. Could it be the cause of these subjective feeling? Sure. Could it be all in your head? Yes.

You need to find some objective measures and test. That is a lot of training every day and adding an additional hour on top of your training could cause issues, but for now it's all subjective feelings. Maybe you're just getting older? There are other factors that could also cause these things if they are real.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by troyparsons View Post
    I’ve a competitive tennis player (former college now play and train with high ranked junior players) playing tennis 3-4 hours a day. Lately I’ve also been doing endurance training (long runs, hikes and cycling sessions) 45-60 minutes a day.

My question is has anyone else experienced the feeling of decreased athleticism when they are doing endurance training on top of playing a sport that requires quick burst?

I’m starting to feel much slower on the tennis court when having to change direction and sprint.
    I mean, if you're working out 4-5 hours a day several days a week, yeah that's probably a lot. Why are you doing a lot of long runs, hikes, and cycling?

adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adelinagerber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Useful Information

DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidYoung8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I also need to introduce more such physical activities.

QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by troyparsons View Post

a feeling of decreased athleticism catches up with me when I cook something tasty and it's snow and frost outside
    I've noticed a decrease in my running in the winter months, but overall a decrease on my overall activity level. It's also a little depressing to know that my body is begins to gain weight