Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000)

Weighted ab exercises

I’ve gotten some decent results from cable crunches (upper abs are nice and thick), but I’m exhausting the amount of additional weight that I can add to the pulley machine after maxing the stack out. Any other suggestions? Hanging leg raises and rollouts kill my shoulders, and I already do a set of AMRAP dragon flags as a finisher but dislike them as a main abs exercise because of the back and forearm involvement.

I’m wondering also if simply incorporating extended holds to cable crunches would suffice in place of continually adding weight.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you sure you're doing dragonflags correctly if they are taxing your back and forearms? I've never had that issue, now I'm curious if others have.

Do you have a decline bench set up so you can do weighted decline crunches while holding plates behind your head or holding dumbbells?

Also do pullups kill your shoulders? Have you considered getting the ab straps that you can hang on a bar to support yourself while doing hanging leg raises?
    My website: healthierwithscience.com

Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000) Xpiro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Are you sure you're doing dragonflags correctly if they are taxing your back and forearms? I've never had that issue, now I'm curious if others have.

Do you have a decline bench set up so you can do weighted decline crunches while holding plates behind your head or holding dumbbells?

Also do pullups kill your shoulders? Have you considered getting the ab straps that you can hang on a bar to support yourself while doing hanging leg raises?
    Not taxing by any means, just involving. Basically it doesn’t strictly feel like an an /isolation/ exercise as much as an ab-targeting exercise that also utilizes pulling muscles. Maybe that doesn’t matter? I still get a decent burn out of them.

I think my gym has at least one bench capable of decline adjustment, it’s a pretty damn small gym so I’m not 100%. I’ve never looked for it before, but good idea.

Pull-ups aren’t the shoulder-friendliest, but I do do them and with extraordinary attention to shoulder-packing and vary my grip based on whether or not I’m having issues. I have an impingement as well as what feels like a potential one.

Never heard of ab straps before. Thanks, I’ll look into it.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ab straps may not be the right term, I mean the things you can hook onto a bar that have loops you can put your upper arms through. That way the majority of the weight of your body is on the straps and you can focus on leg raises without irritating your shoulders (hopefully).

Dragonflags are still gonna be great even though you feel it some in your back and forearms. Hold a dumbbell between your feet if you can do a bunch of reps to make them harder (starting with the lightest dumbbell available).
    My website: healthierwithscience.com

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Add a weight pin adapter to the stack. Joe D (Impact Strength) makes one. There is another called Gym Pin.

Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100) Bodynewi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Add a weight pin adapter to the stack. Joe D (Impact Strength) makes one. There is another called Gym Pin.
    Yeah, I use Gym Pin and it works for me.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You may want to try other ways to increase resistance.
    I like standing ab band crunch holds with as heavy of a band you can handle.
    It's sort of an isometric each rep.
    Stand,legs apart,band attached to the top of a rack or a secure pull up bar,stand facing away holding band in front just below your neck with hands and curl forward as low as you can while still standing.
    A favorite of the westside powerlifting crew.
    The ab wheel roll outs can give pretty good resistance if you do them right.
    Most people use to much arm and it should be going back and forth using the mid section with arms just acting as support.
    If you do these on the feet instead of the knees it's even harder,then raising one leg makes even tougher if your strong enough.