rubei is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Squatting with weighted vest AND barbell Q

Hello guys I am very curious on why when I squat at home I need extra resistance as my barbell is to light so I added a 66.5lbs weighted vest on top which did seem to make it much harder.

The thing I don't get is why is it harder to squat with 66.5lbs vest + 116.5lbs barbell then it is to squat say? 225lbs cuz I can easily do 15reps with 225lbs but can only do 12 max on the 66.5lbs vest + 116.5lbs barbell.

Is it because of different leverages being used as that vest is heavyyyy

Bump

Bunp

Bump

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You only need to bump threads if they get pushed off the front page by other threads...

It's because you become adapted to a particular motor pathway. Weighted vest will have changed dynamics and center of gravity. You would become more used to it with practice. It's not leverage.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You only need to bump threads if they get pushed off the front page by other threads...

It's because you become adapted to a particular motor pathway. Weighted vest will have changed dynamics and center of gravity. You would become more used to it with practice. It's not leverage.
    Thankyou for replying, does that mean that I will still be gaining strength and carryover to normal barbell squats?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's definitely better than not doing it.

The carryover won't be perfect but you should gain general strength and some muscle in the legs.