CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Force USA all-in-one power rack thoughts?

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on power racks that include pulleys, a smith machine and other attachments. I know a lot
    of the extra stuff is far from necessary, but would definitely add a lot of enjoyment with extra exercise variety. Are racks like these usually good quality or do the lessen in quality the more ‘comprehensive’ they become?

forceusa(dot)com/collections/all-in-one/products/g3

Can’t post links yet, sorry!

Thanks

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I looked at ForceUSA's MyRack awhile back and my research indicated that most felt it was a good value for the money, but not particularly great at anything. Ultimately, I expanded my gym and bought separate pieces. However, if I was really tight on space and was going to go for a combo machine like this, I would look the ones from Legend and Prime. They are 3x+ the price of ForceUSA's though. If budget and space are paramount and your expectations are kept somewhat low though, the ForceUSA might suit you ok.

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I looked at ForceUSA's MyRack awhile back and my research indicated that most felt it was a good value for the money, but not particularly great at anything. Ultimately, I expanded my gym and bought separate pieces. However, if I was really tight on space and was going to go for a combo machine like this, I would look the ones from Legend and Prime. They are 3x+ the price of ForceUSA's though. If budget and space are paramount and your expectations are kept somewhat low though, the ForceUSA might suit you ok.
    Suggest adding Samson Equipment to that list as well.

If you need to go that route, I would recommend one of those three vs going the ForceUSA route.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||

CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you both for the suggestions. Any particular reason why you’re both against ForceUSA? Those other 3 are a little out of my price range unfortunately.

Ideally I would like a power rack with some cable options for lat pulldown, rows, flys, arm stuff etc and I like the smith machine for the leg press option it provides. In addition to basic barbell, dumbbell movements and a bench with leg ext/curl attachment, I feel that this would have me covered for pretty much every exercise in a standard gym.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CatsAndMice10 View Post
    Thank you both for the suggestions. Any particular reason why you’re both against ForceUSA? Those other 3 are a little out of my price range unfortunately.

Ideally I would like a power rack with some cable options for lat pulldown, rows, flys, arm stuff etc and I like the smith machine for the leg press option it provides. In addition to basic barbell, dumbbell movements and a bench with leg ext/curl attachment, I feel that this would have me covered for pretty much every exercise in a standard gym.
    Legend's and Prime's offerings are on par with what you would find at a commercial gym. ForceUSA's is more on par with what you would find at Dick's Sporting Goods. The frame will be lighter, the pulleys won't be as smooth, any padding will either be foam or cheap upholstery, etc. If you're ok with that, then I think it will suit you fine. I was just trying to make it clear that it's not on par with the more expensive stuff in terms of quality.
    Last edited by Duplicitous; 01-07-2021 at 07:58 AM.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a PowerTec smith machine that had a lat pulldown/low row on the back on it. It had J hooks on the front for barbell work. It was a crappy smith machine since it wasn't linear bearings. When I got above 2 45s a side I had a hell of time rotating the bar to engage or disengage the safety stop. I almost had to push it up off my shoulders a little bit with leg drive, quite unsafe. The pulldown felt very confined and since the inside of the cage wasn't very wide my elbows would always bump on anything wide grip. You always had to deal with moving the smith bar up or down depending on what cable exercise you wanted to do. Using a barbell from the front was the same way. I could never really get the smith bar locked high enough to get it out my way for squats. I can't tell how truly compact front to back the one you're look at it is, but those are considerations. I'd have to try it out first and most likely in a store they're not going to let you put a few plates a side on one to see how smooth it is, at least not in a Dicks Sporting Goods type place.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're tight on space and it ticks off of the boxes, the ForceUSA racks look fine. If you lift pretty heavy, it might be a good idea to test it out first or look elsewhere.

You could also look at the Inspire SCS. I have had the FT2 (which doesn't have the free weight rack option) for several years and love the thing, and I've read similar thoughts from those who own the SCS. I'm not sure if the SCS has safety spotters for the free weight bar option however.

The others brands mentioned above are commercial grade. They would obviously be fantastic pieces, but most people that spend that kind of money tend to get multiple pieces unless space is an issue. And if you're looking to cash out one of your bitcoins, the Sorinex Apex rack looks good.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Legend's and Prime's offerings are on par with what you would find at a commercial gym. ForceUSA's is more on par with what you would find at Dick's Sporting Goods. The frame will be lighter, the pulleys won't be as smooth, any padding will either be foam or cheap upholstery, etc. If you're ok with that, then I think it will suit you fine. I was just trying to make it clear that it's not on par with the more expensive stuff in terms of quality.
    Ahh that makes sense. Thanks. Hmm yeah I’ll definitely have to consider that.

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I had a PowerTec smith machine that had a lat pulldown/low row on the back on it. It had J hooks on the front for barbell work. It was a crappy smith machine since it wasn't linear bearings. When I got above 2 45s a side I had a hell of time rotating the bar to engage or disengage the safety stop. I almost had to push it up off my shoulders a little bit with leg drive, quite unsafe. The pulldown felt very confined and since the inside of the cage wasn't very wide my elbows would always bump on anything wide grip. You always had to deal with moving the smith bar up or down depending on what cable exercise you wanted to do. Using a barbell from the front was the same way. I could never really get the smith bar locked high enough to get it out my way for squats. I can't tell how truly compact front to back the one you're look at it is, but those are considerations. I'd have to try it out first and most likely in a store they're not going to let you put a few plates a side on one to see how smooth it is, at least not in a Dicks Sporting Goods type place.
    Damn that’s unfortunate to hear. Hoping that isn’t the case with these other racks I’m looking at. So I’m assuming your recommendation is to buy separate pieces?

Originally Posted by robbieuva View Post
    If you're tight on space and it ticks off of the boxes, the ForceUSA racks look fine. If you lift pretty heavy, it might be a good idea to test it out first or look elsewhere.

You could also look at the Inspire SCS. I have had the FT2 (which doesn't have the free weight rack option) for several years and love the thing, and I've read similar thoughts from those who own the SCS. I'm not sure if the SCS has safety spotters for the free weight bar option however.

The others brands mentioned above are commercial grade. They would obviously be fantastic pieces, but most people that spend that kind of money tend to get multiple pieces unless space is an issue. And if you're looking to cash out one of your bitcoins, the Sorinex Apex rack looks good.
    Thanks I’ll definitely check that out. Hmm yeah good point on the commercial grade racks. I’ll need to weigh up my options. Thanks again