RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wide Workout Shoes

I asked this a few years ago, but can't find the old thread. I'm looking for recommendations for wide shoes. Last time I tried a bunch, and the best fit was the older Reebok Nano 2.0s. I also tried Nano 8s, Hokas, New Balance, among others in EE (no wider than standard somehow ) I had a few pairs of MetCons before that. I stock piled a few pairs when they were on sale, but they seem to be about gone from the market. I hit 40 this year, and in the last few years, I think my feet have gotten wider. I have issues in the toe box area specifically. My toes rub and get pretty painful during cardio. (Rogue Echo biking) Looking for thoughts. Thanks!
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nano 2.0s were great shoes, I owned a bunch of pairs in size 10 and rotated them out to extend their lifespan. Sold them off though because I found the minimalist style was aggravating my knee.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have gone with Brooks running shoes for several years, the normal D width feels wider than others, plus you can specify 2E or 4E on their website. Other shoes I've worn would usually wear out on the fabric by the pinky toes, brooks have not failed me yet.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I have gone with Brooks running shoes for several years, the normal D width feels wider than others, plus you can specify 2E or 4E on their website. Other shoes I've worn would usually wear out on the fabric by the pinky toes, brooks have not failed me yet.
    I'm trying to avoid running specific shoes. The forefoot on them has been problematic, as they're not designed like a trainer with a stable forefoot sole. I tend to roll my ankles in runners, and avoid them at all costs. My ankles shoe lots of wear from years of basketball and related injuries.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I'm trying to avoid running specific shoes. The forefoot on them has been problematic, as they're not designed like a trainer with a stable forefoot sole. I tend to roll my ankles in runners, and avoid them at all costs. My ankles shoe lots of wear from years of basketball and related injuries.
    Nike Airforce Ones are pretty stable and comfortable and fairly wide.

410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    Found anything promising yet?
    I was coming here to look for this exactly, im built like a gorilla, im as wide as i am tall, hairy, and ugly like a gorilla AND I have been blessed with feet that are depending on the cut of shoe\boot 9.5-10 (in length ONLY) in EEEEE (5E). For normal shoes its either a tennis shoe in 11.5 wide , or a wide cut boot (used to wear Caterpillar Indiana's but they are discontinued, so now Danner Quarry's in 11 Extra Wide) everything runs long, which is fine im used to it although not ideal, but im trying to find something I can use for both deadlifts and squats (if 2 pairs are needed, fine) that will accommodate my width. Should I just grab wrestling shoes again, they are decent at everything excel at nothing, outside of the wrestling mat.

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Y'all sound like me, callous on my toes and forefoot, sore feet. I'm a big guy and I'm on my feet at work all day.

I got a pair of Xero Prio for Christmas, first couple of days, my feet were just tired, not painful, just tired. Legs were very tired too. Now they feel great. If you are like me, and the first thing you do is rip off your shoes when you get home, some minimalist shoes might work. I already know, I'm never going back to "regular" shoes.

I do like these, I hope they hold up well, these are the ones I have, but there are a ton of minimalist shoes out there, these were kinda middle of the road in quality/price to try out.

My toes can actually spread out like they are supposed to.

https://xeroshoes.com/shop/activity/...ance/prio-men/

Originally Posted by jdboyd78 View Post
    Y'all sound like me, callous on my toes and forefoot, sore feet. I'm a big guy and I'm on my feet at work all day.

I got a pair of Xero Prio for Christmas, first couple of days, my feet were just tired, not painful, just tired. Legs were very tired too. Now they feel great. If you are like me, and the first thing you do is rip off your shoes when you get home, some minimalist shoes might work. I already know, I'm never going back to "regular" shoes.

I do like these, I hope they hold up well, these are the ones I have, but there are a ton of minimalist shoes out there, these were kinda middle of the road in quality/price to try out.

My toes can actually spread out like they are supposed to.

https://xeroshoes.com/shop/activity/...ance/prio-men/
    My feet aren't crazy wide. A 13 is wide enough, but a size too long. 12 is the right length but too narrow. I ordered a pair of Nano 9 in 12. We'll see how they fit. Coupon got them down to $56, from the current $125.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a really hard time finding wide enough shoes. New Balance Minimus in wide were solid, almost anything else has been tragically bad. These shoes, while hideous, have been fantastic.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Super cheap, and the last pair lasted me a full year. That is with regular walks around the neighborhood, outdoor sled drags, outdoor weighted carries, and a bunch of various inside the gym stuff. These are my current go-to gym shoe.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    I have a really hard time finding wide enough shoes. New Balance Minimus in wide were solid, almost anything else has been tragically bad. These shoes, while hideous, have been fantastic.

Super cheap, and the last pair lasted me a full year. That is with regular walks around the neighborhood, outdoor sled drags, outdoor weighted carries, and a bunch of various inside the gym stuff. These are my current go-to gym shoe.
    How's the sizing run on these, those look good. I think I'll get a pair.

Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wear an 11.5 when I'm trying to size up for width in most normal shoes. My dress shoes that are EE are either 11 or 11.5 I believe.

I got 11s here and if they offered them, I could probably go with a 10.5. Maybe even a 10 after they've been broken in. I think since the toe box is so wide, I'm not feeling constricted like normal, so I can actually wear something much closer to what I probably should wear.

If you like some breathing room in the front, go with your normal size... if you want them more "fitted" you could probably go down half a size or so.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

I wear an 11.5 when I'm trying to size up for width in most normal shoes. My dress shoes that are EE are either 11 or 11.5 I believe.

I got 11s here and if they offered them, I could probably go with a 10.5. Maybe even a 10 after they've been broken in. I think since the toe box is so wide, I'm not feeling constricted like normal, so I can actually wear something much closer to what I probably should wear.

If you like some breathing room in the front, go with your normal size... if you want them more "fitted" you could probably go down half a size or so.
    I forgot that I bought a pair of Vibrant Five Fingers last time I had these issues. They helped me get back to normal after a week or two. I had to go down a half size or full size. I ordered a few pairs from Amazon, and kept the pair that fit best. I think they were only $45.

Got a pair day before yesterday, very solid for 38 bucks!!

Originally Posted by jdboyd78 View Post
    Got a pair day before yesterday, very solid for 38 bucks!!
    Yep, thats been my experience. For $38 hard to beat, and since they've lasted as long or longer than other shoes I've owned for 3x as much... No brainer for me.