Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is Krav Maga legit

I’ve been wanting to get into legit trained fighting. I’m good in street fights just from all my weightlifting but I’ve got zero legit training there’s a place near my house that teaches Krav Maga and it sounds a lot more affordable than the other fighting gyms in my area. Plus I don’t have any desire to fight in a ring I just want to be more proficient in self defense situations I would appreciate any advice

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Serious answer in case you’re not trolling LOL

Krav Maga was represented in early Vale Tudo days And even in early UFC, when headbutts, eye pokes, and groin strikes were allowed (fighters still poke eyes and head butt today, just they have to hide it from the referee or pretend it was unintentional)

Well, it didn’t go well, typically a college wrestler would predictably maul the Krav Maga and every other kind of a “Martial Artist” by a simple bear crawl into an angle pick followed by vicious ground and pound for a KO victory. Or some BJJ guy would choke all these Krav Maga and ninja and dimmak people in several seconds. Or Tank Abbot would punch all these “ancient art of bone breaking” people in the mouth and they would fall down stiff and not get up... for a while...

If you want to know how to fight your options are MMA gym, and that’s about it. About 80% of BJJ is not good in MMA or self defense, about 80% of wrestling is not good in a real fight etc. So it’s best you learn the closest thing to the real fight right away.

Remember that you do NOT know how to fight, regardless of your weight lifting. Be humble. Do not spar for a while, strengthen your neck and wrists and knuckles with proper exercise.

witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50) witetrashwarior will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    Serious answer in case you’re not trolling LOL

Krav Maga was represented in early Vale Tudo days And even in early UFC, when headbutts, eye pokes, and groin strikes were allowed (fighters still poke eyes and head butt today, just they have to hide it from the referee or pretend it was unintentional)

Well, it didn’t go well, typically a college wrestler would predictably maul the Krav Maga and every other kind of a “Martial Artist” by a simple bear crawl into an angle pick followed by vicious ground and pound for a KO victory. Or some BJJ guy would choke all these Krav Maga and ninja and dimmak people in several seconds. Or Tank Abbot would punch all these “ancient art of bone breaking” people in the mouth and they would fall down stiff and not get up... for a while...

If you want to know how to fight your options are MMA gym, and that’s about it. About 80% of BJJ is not good in MMA or self defense, about 80% of wrestling is not good in a real fight etc. So it’s best you learn the closest thing to the real fight right away.

Remember that you do NOT know how to fight, regardless of your weight lifting. Be humble. Do not spar for a while, strengthen your neck and wrists and knuckles with proper exercise.
    Are you saying I should go a boxing route?

EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by witetrashwarior View Post
    I’m good in street fights just from all my weightliftinge
    Hogan Warrior Taker Bret Y2J

If HE looks like a SHE, it is acceptable.

Small Willy Brah.

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    So it’s best you learn the closest thing to the real fight right away.
    US Army has a saying

So I should pick fights with people?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BredRoller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Realistically you should train with guns, your fists, and grappling. You should also train your verbal judo, awareness, and sprinting/running.

Awareness, not getting into bad situations -> sprint away and/or verbal judo -> stand up (boxing/muay thai) and/or wrestling -> if it goes to the ground BJJ.

The gun part could be inserted into the above timeline at any point your life is at risk or whatever your state law says (unfortunately).

This is why people say to learn MMA or go to an MMA gym to fight, because they are going to teach you the stand up and ground games. Tbh idk chit about krav, but there's a reason no one uses that chit in the UFC.

DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeAndreHopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No, the Israeli military is dominant because they bully broke ass Palestinians with advanced tech. They can't hand fight for **** obv
    Sig line can't be a novel

Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Legit for what it is intended for...

Teaching some basic level soldiers simple concepts conducive to battle such as confidence, pushing forward, taking the initiative.

Is it legit for being a bad ass as an individual and actual martial skills....fek no
    -----------------------------------------
    Manlet crew
    VFF crew

B:125kg
    S:160kg (atg)
    S:170kg
    D:170kg
    P:80kg

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hunkstar View Post
    Legit for what it is intended for...

Teaching some basic level soldiers simple concepts conducive to battle such as confidence, pushing forward, taking the initiative.

Is it legit for being a bad ass as an individual and actual martial skills....fek no
    This. (If you find a good gym.)
    If you only want to train a couple of months and became somewhat more proficent at defending yourself it's good bang for your buck. It will not allow you to beat up trained fighters in the street or anywhere, but most assailants won't be.

If you want to learn some tricks to defend yourself better as fast as possible go for it.
    If you want to train for years and become truly poficent at fighting pick something else.

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, depending on what organization you affiliate yourself with.
    In Hoots We Trust.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by witetrashwarior View Post
    I’m good in street fights just from all my weightlifting
    No, you're not.
    I've never seen a barbell or dumbbell attack anyone...so, lifting weights has ZERO bearing on your ability to fight.

Do a search in here...this has been beat to death (no pun) in this section.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Registered User zyzzliftswjesus's Avatar
    zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Krav Maga is as legit as anything similar to it like ninjitsu. It is a good supplement to a person who already has a solid base in self-defensive dominant fighting styles like wrestling, bjj, and something more like parkour which would allow someone to use natural obsticals to evade. Krav Maga will never be dominant against someone who can fight and use proper takedowns, fighting, movement, etc to evade very close-quarter requiring strikes/manipulation and violence. However, given to someone who can already be dominant in close-quarter combat it would give them the edge in disabling their opponent more easily in certain scenarious.

tl;dr it would only ever be useful if you could already fight because the fighting itself is not good, but the ability to strike critical parts would improve your fighting in an actual life-or-death scenario.
    Last edited by zyzzliftswjesus; 01-13-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Registered User zyzzliftswjesus's Avatar
    zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000) zyzzliftswjesus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    No, you're not.
    I've never seen a barbell or dumbbell attack anyone...so, lifting weights has ZERO bearing on your ability to fight.

This is false. Simply using your body and engaging in kinetic motion more often will put you in an advantage against 90% of the population. Less than 1% of the population knows anything about fighting, and probably less than 0.1% knows how to fight properly. I'd imagine less than 10% even use their body regularly, and simply exercising and using your muscles in a fashion that allows you to understand how to apply force is still far more beneficial than not.

You're simply reiterating a trite remark that 'bodybuilders cannot beat wrestlers' which is a fact, however, your comment is a baseless extrapolation from that in that someone athletic cannot beat most people who are not. Obviously, in saying that, he will struggle against a properly trained fighter so long as he does not have a significant strength or size advantage. Even a moderately trained fighter cannot beat someone much larger on most occassions. For example, many Judo and BJJ moves can be defeated simply through shear strength especially against a lighter opponent. In an instance where a much lighter person is fighting someone significantly heavier or stronger, unless they are significantly trained in their discipline they would not necessarily have an advantage.

BTW I am saying a big guy can beat a small guy who is a novice in eg bjj, judo, boxing etc. Not someone with years of training
    Last edited by zyzzliftswjesus; 01-13-2021 at 03:41 PM.

HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it’s legit if you are training for it in the IDF and being exposed to real weapons and time speed vs at a strip mall dogo with super soakers and doing things in slow motion

all martial arts have their place in some effective situation

EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by badreligion View Post
    Yes, depending on what organization you affiliate yourself with.
    LOL at this jabrone. For years he has put over Krav Maga. It is of no use man.

Small Willy Brah.

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EidFnatic View Post
    LOL at this jabrone. For years he has put over Krav Maga. It is of no use man.
    Says someone who has never taken a class, studied it to the extent I have and really is just ignorant on the system but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    In Hoots We Trust.

hell yeah brother BuckNakedinBama's Avatar
    BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BuckNakedinBama has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My gf is a legit black belt in Krav Maga. I've tried to get her to spar with me but she won't. I've seen her do her kata or whatever it's called and it's intense. Pretty sure she could break my arms in about 2 seconds if she wanted to.
    ---GIVE-------------------------------
    -----ME-------------------------------
    ------LIBERTY------------------------
    --or-----------------------------------
    ---GIVE-------------------------------
    -----ME-------------------------------
    ------DEATH-------------------------

AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anyone who says krav maga works never did a legit martial art (read anything that works in modern UFC).

They basically live in a world of illusion where they think they are good at doing something without ever trying it for real.

inb4 I don't play by the rules
    inb4 israel elite soldiers
    Splitting wigs and busting cheeks™

AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamSMW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BuckNakedinBama View Post
    My gf is a legit black belt in Krav Maga. I've tried to get her to spar with me but she won't. I've seen her do her kata or whatever it's called and it's intense. Pretty sure she could break my arms in about 2 seconds if she wanted to.
    She won't spar with you because she's anxious to spare because krav maga people never spare lmao, they just think they can defend themselves / fight, they never try, bottom line is they can't exactly like all the other fake martial arts (kwankindo, koukankido, modern taekwando, aikido, most kung fu etc.)
    Splitting wigs and busting cheeks™

goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000)
    its bull****

take boxing and wrestling for a year and you will smash a krav maga bb

cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Most all fights go to the ground.

Just go to a decent MMA gym. They teach a mix of wrestling, bjj, boxing, MT...etc.

If you can do a decent short punch combo, learn a basic take down / defesive sprawl, learn how to angle, keep your chin tucked, RNC - you will be fine. Fighting is easy and most of the time any idiot in the street that wants to fight is just some intoxicated loser who can fight.

That being said a lot of losers who want to fight in the streets might be packing a gun or knife. Fighting for real is stupid and its best to roll your eyes and walk away unless its legit for defense. I've seen people get shot and stabbed, or sucker punched to the ground hitting their head off the pavement causing severe brain damage.

cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000) cptamerica59 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, you're not.

Truth here - strength may give you an edge but bulky muscles without skill are just for show and will kill your cardio. Look at Ken Shamrock, Kimbo Slice (PBUH) etc.. all got their butts whooped by skilled guys who looked like they could barely do a push up.

iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iifymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    there's a big difference between americanized "krav" gyms, and legit Israeli gyms. That's the first thing you gotta know, much of it's bad rap comes from those joke gyms that only exist to make money off suckers.

I trained in a legit one in Boston for like 6 months, might've been a year idk was a long time ago now. It's definitely not on the same level as "ninjitsu" like some phgt said up above me lmao

Best way I can describe it: a mix of muay thai, judo and a smattering of BJJ with the sole purpose of helping you defend yourself on the street against a unknown opponent and stop a threat as quickly as possible while avoiding severe injury.

We did a lot of work on defending against knives and guns as well, moral of that story is you better hope someone doesn't pull either on you, but I'd take a gun stuffed in my chest/head over a knife attack every time, much easier to control the weapon and strip it out of their hand. Although a knife attacker who's heart isn't in it and who isn't athletic would be nice as well.

Lots of work on dealing with multiple attackers as well, using your environment to your advantage (street fights don't happen in a flat clean ring without clothes on and without potential useful weapons all over the place nomsayin')
    Last edited by iifymbro; 01-14-2021 at 05:03 AM.
    **MFC**
    **Barbara Palvin is my 10/10 crew**

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, you're not.

Originally Posted by AdamSMW View Post
    She won't spar with you because she's anxious to spare because krav maga people never spare lmao, they just think they can defend themselves / fight, they never try, bottom line is they can't exactly like all the other fake martial arts (kwankindo, koukankido, modern taekwando, aikido, most kung fu etc.)
    There is sparring in Krav Maga, sit down and shut up on topics you know nothing about.
    In Hoots We Trust.

Originally Posted by badreligion View Post
    There is sparring in Krav Maga, sit down and shut up on topics you know nothing about.
    Calm down chief, lets keep things civil in here.

Small Willy Brah.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by zyzzliftswjesus View Post
    This is false. Simply using your body and engaging in kinetic motion more often will put you in an advantage against 90% of the population. Less than 1% of the population knows anything about fighting, and probably less than 0.1% knows how to fight properly. I'd imagine less than 10% even use their body regularly, and simply exercising and using your muscles in a fashion that allows you to understand how to apply force is still far more beneficial than not.
    *sigh* You seem to like to make up statistics (which are subjective) and present your opinion as fact\absolutes. Does someone who moves more frequently than someone who doesn't have an advantage in a fight....well, duh...yeah. You're making a very broad\open comment to something that's kind of a given. If you feel the need to explain that...ok.
    However, my point was if the OP believes he's good at street fighting just because of all the weight lifting he does, he's very misinformed...and if you're defending his point, you are as well.
    I'll give you a perfect example of what I'm saying: The first day I walked in to train no-gi. I'm 6-1" was about 220 lbs at the time and relatively strong from...lifting weights. I'd been in a few street fights, but no formal training unless you want to count the TKD classes I took when I was 9 and the one season of wrestling I did in Jr. High. I'd also played sports off and on pretty much my whole life. I walked into the class substantially larger than the person I was paired to roll with. He'd been training for a bit, but I wouldn't consider him advanced or anything. I was bigger than him, (weight, height, reach) and MUCH stronger....and he tooled me. It's crazy....but my weight lifting, didn't make a bit of difference. You know why?
    1. Lifting weights did not give me any skill other than, lifting weights.
    2. Lifting weights did not give me a single thing needed for stamina. My gas tank SUCKED.

So, yeah...toss whatever statistics you want to make up in your post. If the OP wants to think he's a street fighter just because he lifts weights, I wish him the best.

You're simply reiterating a trite remark that 'bodybuilders cannot beat wrestlers' which is a fact, however, your comment is a baseless extrapolation from that in that someone athletic cannot beat most people who are not. Obviously, in saying that, he will struggle against a properly trained fighter so long as he does not have a significant strength or size advantage. Even a moderately trained fighter cannot beat someone much larger on most occasions. For example, many Judo and BJJ moves can be defeated simply through shear strength especially against a lighter opponent. In an instance where a much lighter person is fighting someone significantly heavier or stronger, unless they are significantly trained in their discipline they would not necessarily have an advantage.
    I'm not reiterating, being trite or any other crap you want to say. And you typed a lot of words even though I never said body builders can't beat wrestlers, I actually gave no specific scenarios, so please don't try and put words in my mouth. Again, my point was that the OP saying he's good at street fighting just because of weightlifting...is a crappy assumption. If you want to give someone that false sense of security, you go right ahead...but again, you are not going to be a good at street fightingjust because of lifting weights.
    I'm sure you're a great person and all that, and you absolutely have the right to your opinion. And if you believe what you typed above is correct, awesome. I do find it ironic that you haven't given anything but BS subjective opinions and made up statistics - but you say my comments are baseless? That's interesting.

BTW I am saying a big guy can beat a small guy who is a novice in eg bjj, judo, boxing etc. Not someone with years of training
    That's cool you can say that. You can say whatever you like....doesn't make it fact or true. I mean, a meteor CAN come down and knock me in the head 10 minutes t from now too. Doesn't mean it's automatically going to happen. There is this word "probability" you may need to think about. Can certain things happen? Sure...but in a lot of what I'm reading here, the probability of it is.....pretty slim.

You have a good one.
    Last edited by cgc; 01-21-2021 at 05:03 AM.

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

a meteor CAN come down and knock me in the head 10 minutes from now too.
    Now, if on the off chance, this did indeed happen. Can I tek over MOD duties in this section?

Small Willy Brah.

Originally Posted by EidFnatic View Post
    Now, if on the off chance, this did indeed happen. Can I tek over MOD duties in this section?
    Absolutely, my friend.....absolutely.