Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Eating 99% of your cabs and fats in one meal?

Hi

I have used intermittent fasting for cutting because i found that it helped tremendously with managing cravings, i eventually went on to doing OMAD which i found worked even better for managing cravings, now i have finished cutting i want to slowly start gaining again however i still enjoy doing OMAD, i love eating one huge meal per day and feeling genuinely completely full rather than eating multiple smaller meals and always wanting more.

I know that OMAD is far from ideal for gaining muscle and this is a concern so i was wondering if it was ok to have 3 protein only feedings spread out over the day and then still have my one large meal with 99% of the rest of my calories? Providing i'm still getting multiple protein feedings spread over the day is this going to be any less optimal? I don't have any problem eating all of my calories in one sitting and i much prefer eating this way and i didn't do the fasting for any other reason than appetite control which i found it to be great for.

Has anybody else tried this before?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is your diet really so unenjoyable that you have to resort to extremes like this?

If you can’t follow an eating plan long term, why even do it now? The whole OMAD ultra-restrictive delayed eating thing just confuses me to no end...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Is your diet really so unenjoyable that you have to resort to extremes like this?

If you can’t follow an eating plan long term, why even do it now? The whole OMAD ultra-restrictive delayed eating thing just confuses me to no end...
    I personally can't even conceive of it not being disordered in some way. If anything, maybe it's the result of the old "if it hurts it, must be working" fallacy or the idea that extreme measures leads to extreme gains. I really don't know how it could ever feel good to starve all day (I'd have 0 fuking energy and I've done IF so ik) only to stuff yourself full of thousands of calories in a nightly feast. Forget how "sub-optimal" it is for MPS or impossible it would be to get enough micronutrient-rich foods in one meal, but it just sucks all the joy out of eating...and living. I mean, do you ever have sex OP? You wanna be doing that with either a horribly bloated belly post-binge or during the day when you're starving and running on adrenaline? Hell no.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brahfessa View Post
    Hi

I have used intermittent fasting for cutting because i found that it helped tremendously with managing cravings, i eventually went on to doing OMAD which i found worked even better for managing cravings, now i have finished cutting i want to slowly start gaining again however i still enjoy doing OMAD, i love eating one huge meal per day and feeling genuinely completely full rather than eating multiple smaller meals and always wanting more.

I know that OMAD is far from ideal for gaining muscle and this is a concern so i was wondering if it was ok to have 3 protein only feedings spread out over the day and then still have my one large meal with 99% of the rest of my calories? Providing i'm still getting multiple protein feedings spread over the day is this going to be any less optimal? I don't have any problem eating all of my calories in one sitting and i much prefer eating this way and i didn't do the fasting for any other reason than appetite control which i found it to be great for.
    If you prefer OMAD you could also have the 1 meal per day and a protein shake post workout.

I don't you'll have any problem progressing.

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)

I mean it seems like based on his post he very much can stick to it and enjoys it he just read about spreading out mps activations for gains and didn't want to be screwing himself with it . While it confuses you to no end that doesn't really matter if its working for him. Strawng I know plenty of people who have lost weight using time gaiting strategies and let me tell you they are not starving many of them are still over 200. For you it might suck the joy out of eating but I do this every Sunday because we go out for family meals and its the most joy I ever get out of food so I don't think your personal experience is universally applicable. Time gated eating works for many to answer your question OP yes you can eat them all at once and simply adding 2-3 small sub 200 cal protein shakes in the rest of your waking hours will be fine.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    I mean it seems like based on his post he very much can stick to it and enjoys it he just read about spreading out mps activations for gains and didn't want to be screwing himself with it . While it confuses you to no end that doesn't really matter if its working for him. Strawng I know plenty of people who have lost weight using time gaiting strategies and let me tell you they are not starving many of them are still over 200. For you it might suck the joy out of eating but I do this every Sunday because we go out for family meals and its the most joy I ever get out of food so I don't think your personal experience is universally applicable. Time gated eating works for many to answer your question OP yes you can eat them all at once and simply adding 2-3 small sub 200 cal protein shakes in the rest of your waking hours will be fine.
    First off, he literally said he tried IF because it helped him 'manage cravings', he appears to 'enjoy it' because he loses weight, that is all.

To your point of RESTRICTING food so you can 'enjoy' a meal out, that's because you're delaying satisfaction... obviously you're going to enjoy the food more if you're exceptionally hungry, that doesn't make the act of not eating 'enjoyable', it's the "last supper mentality" when you finally get to eat that you enjoy. Imagine doing that EVERYDAY, that is what OMAD is. You're telling me THAT is a sustainable and enjoyable lifestyle? Im afraid not, at least for the VAST majority of people.

The fact that you are going out with family and you're talking about just the joy of the food and not the joy of your social company speaks volumes about why that's not a mentally healthy thing to do all the time.

I mean plenty of people do week-long fasts, water-fasts, etc.... are you saying that's fine, too? You see zero possible disordered aspect to it?

Humans aren't wired to WANT to be hungry... that's why we have taste buds, hormones that regulate hunger, etc.

You have a personal history (based on your old forum posts) of employing VERY severe deficits (1600/day), so I guess it makes sense this kind of extreme wouldn't surprise you, but for most people, that kind of crazy cutting is not healthy or something that can sustained.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 01-04-2021 at 09:33 AM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First off, he literally said he tried IF because it helped him 'manage cravings', he appears to 'enjoy it' because he loses weight, that is all.

To your point of RESTRICTING food so you can 'enjoy' a meal out, that's because you're delaying satisfaction... obviously you're going to enjoy the food more if you're exceptionally hungry, that doesn't make the act of not eating 'enjoyable', it's the "last supper mentality" when you finally get to eat that you enjoy. Imagine doing that EVERYDAY, that is what OMAD is. You're telling me THAT is a sustainable and enjoyable lifestyle? Im afraid not, at least for the VAST majority of people.

The fact that you are going out with family and you're talking about just the joy of the food and not the joy of your social company speaks volumes about why that's not a mentally healthy thing to do all the time.

I mean plenty of people do week-long fasts, water-fasts, etc.... are you saying that's fine, too? You see zero possible disordered aspect to it?

Humans aren't wired to WANT to be hungry... that's why we have taste buds, hormones that regulate hunger, etc.

You have a personal history (based on your old forum posts) of employing VERY severe deficits (1600/day), so I guess it makes sense this kind of extreme wouldn't surprise you, but for most people, that kind of crazy cutting is not healthy or something that can sustained.
    All of this. I've thought this over today and honestly the only reason I could see desiring the OMAD approach from a mentally healthy mindset would be if you're extremely busy/stressed and physically active for the entire day to such a high degree that you can't eat and have no desire to. I've been there doing stunt and film work (I'm a part-time stuntman) and I used to rely on just one or two real meals a day with plenty of caffeine beforehand. That being said, I've had way better results during busier times in terms of both muscle retention and energy levels by incorporating calorie dense snacks that digest easily like nut butter, fruit, cereal, honey, or white rice during the day along with whey protein every 4-6 hours. I'd still have a bigger meal of something like salmon and vegetables at night.

The thing is, if you're running on adrenaline and stress to that degree, it's probably a good idea to ask yourself why. It's one thing if it's a few days per week, but if you have trouble eating every single day because you have too much adrenaline going, that's a big red flag. I also agree with Adam that the "pleasure of eating" really shouldn't trump the pleasure of your company in social settings. I really feel the joy of eating when I'm eating alone and it's great, but by and large the meals I have with friends and family are more about the conversation.

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)

Lots of assumptions/straw man going on here I don't know how you cant grasp that some people enjoy larger meals. Personally I do it every Sunday because my dad pays and we go too nice places and I like nice food and I enjoy the **** out of smashing all 2000 cals or more I get on Sunday all at once its great and its not hard to wake up in the afternoon and not eat for a few hours. Eating 1 meal a day does not sound very hard to me at all and I know plenty of people including my own sister who have done it for years and enjoy it. I never said anything about restricting food for enjoyment only that personally I enjoy smashing a king size slab of ribs with chips and that doesn't leave many calories fam. I'm not talking about a vast majority of people i was talking about this one person it does work for. I'm not sure why you are taking jabs at my family or digging up my post history to try and discredit things when you don't know me at all. So I don't like saying mean things but your post comes across as butt hurt and just because your were a moron and starved yourself half to death doesn't mean my fat ass eating 1600 cals one day is extreme.

butt hurt and just because your were a moron and starved yourself half to death doesn't mean my fat ass eating 1600 cals one day is extreme.
    Enjoy the perma negs. You have zero respect from me, whatsoever. And you don't even know what I was referencing apparently.

Eating disorders have NOTHING to do with intelligence, and in fact the average person with an ED is MORE intelligent than the average person in population... maybe do some actual research or use common sense before saying shyt like that.

I hope you figure out your massive feelings of hatred and desire to insult people. I did NOT take jabs at you, anywhere in my comments.

f*k you... seriously... f*k you...
    Last edited by AdamWW; 01-05-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Oh good i pissed you off that was my intention its almost like I don't know you and i should make assumptions You know kind of like how you inferred I ignore my family to gluttonously enjoy my large meal.

"The fact that you are going out with family and you're talking about just the joy of the food and not the joy of your social company speaks volumes about why that's not a mentally healthy thing to do all the time."

You attack me and my family and essentially say that I'm so consumed with getting a high Cal meal I ignore them no Adam **** you.

"You have a personal history (based on your old forum posts) of employing VERY severe deficits (1600/day), so I guess it makes sense this kind of extreme wouldn't surprise you, but for most people, that kind of crazy cutting is not healthy or something that can sustained."

You call me extreme unhealthy and crazy and now I'm the *******? Sorry buddy but you can take your negs and shove them where the sun doesn't shine you started it. Seriously telling me enjoying Sunday family meals speaks volumes about how I don't appreciate them and am mentally unhealthy Yea sorry kindly go **** yourself thanks.

Oh good i pissed you off that was my intention its almost like I don't know you and i should make assumptions You know kind of like how you inferred I ignore my family to gluttonously enjoy my large meal.

"The fact that you are going out with family and you're talking about just the joy of the food and not the joy of your social company speaks volumes about why that's not a mentally healthy thing to do all the time."

You attack me and my family and essentially say that I'm so consumed with getting a high Cal meal I ignore them no Adam **** you.

"You have a personal history (based on your old forum posts) of employing VERY severe deficits (1600/day), so I guess it makes sense this kind of extreme wouldn't surprise you, but for most people, that kind of crazy cutting is not healthy or something that can sustained."

You call me extreme unhealthy and crazy and now I'm the *******? Sorry buddy but you can take your negs and shove them where the sun doesn't shine you started it. Seriously telling me enjoying Sunday family meals speaks volumes about how I don't appreciate them and am mentally unhealthy Yea sorry kindly go **** yourself thanks.
    WTF are you talking about??

You called ME a “moron” for suffering with a deadly mental illness for over a decade

I literally just stated facts based on things YOU SAID YOU DID...

Explain how my comments were in ANY way an ‘attack’ on YOU personally.

Where did I call YOU ‘crazy’?? You’re just making shyt up...

Saying you did a ‘crazy cut’ doesn’t mean I called YOU anything... Jesus Christ. Calling YOUR DIET 'extreme' or 'crazy' is not the same as thing at all... what are you even on about right now?

Do you think if someone said ‘man you’re driving crazy fast right now’ that they’re literally calling YOU crazy?
    Last edited by AdamWW; 01-05-2021 at 12:32 PM.

WTF are you talking about??

You called ME a “moron” for suffering with a deadly mental illness for over a decade

I literally just stated facts based on things YOU SAID YOU DID...

Explain how my comments were in ANY way an ‘attack’ on YOU personally.

Where did I call YOU ‘crazy’?? You’re just making shyt up...

Saying you did a ‘crazy cut’ doesn’t mean I called YOU anything... Jesus Christ. Calling YOUR DIET 'extreme' or 'crazy' is not the same as thing at all... what are you even on about right now?

Do you think if someone said ‘man you’re driving crazy fast right now’ that they’re literally calling YOU crazy?
    Ill give you the benefit of the doubt since you normally seem quite reasonable here but its taking an effort of will because you have really pissed me off. I'm really trying to see that first line I quoted as anything other than a personal attack but I cant see it. In my mind you had crossed a line not sure if you intended to or not. I just cant understand how this

can be taken any other way. Please explain to me how this is relevant to the discussion at all or how you know this? you don't know me. What because i didn't eat when i woke up i cant enjoy my family time because i order ribs and not chicken? Like wtf does this even mean? I'm done for now I'm getting tp upset at someone I don't know or care about and its effecting my work not to mention we nuked his thread.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt since you normally seem quite reasonable here but its taking an effort of will because you have really pissed me off. I'm really trying to see that first line I quoted as anything other than a personal attack but I cant see it. In my mind you had crossed a line not sure if you intended to or not. I just cant understand how this

can be taken any other way. Please explain to me how this is relevant to the discussion at all or how you know this? you don't know me. What because i didn't eat when i woke up i cant enjoy my family time because i order ribs and not chicken? Like wtf does this even mean? I'm done for now I'm getting tp upset at someone I don't know or care about and its effecting my work not to mention we nuked his thread.
    Wow you COMPLETELY misconstrued what I said.

From your original comment:

" For you it might suck the joy out of eating but I do this every Sunday because we go out for family meals and its the most joy I ever get out of food so I don't think your personal experience is universally applicable."

In that quote, you say that every week you do not eat a single thing until your family dinner and it's the 'most joy you ever get out of food'. This is not just me coming up with this stance, ask ANY psychologist, dietician, ANYONE who knows how food restriction and how it effects the reward centers in our brain, and they will tell you it is generally NOT a healthy practice.

Furthermore, my response was:

Ket phrase: 'all the time'.

In other words, on a SINGLE day, you are opting to eat nothing at all until your family meal. Now for me, that is extreme, and again by basically 99% of people's standards that would also be extreme. However, I said 'ALL THE TIME'.

In this thread, the OP wants to do OMAD every... single... day.

You are NOT doing OMAD every single day, so it is not the same thing. That is why, IN MY COMMENT, I said 'all the time'.

If YOU were doing the same Sunday restrict/feast thing EVERY DAY... then YES... I consider that extreme.

But even then, this has ZERO to do with your character, your worth as a human, your intelligence, ANYTHING.

ALL I SAID was that the diet approach was extreme. THAT IS ALL.

Then you jump in with a PERSONAL name-calling attack saying im a 'moron' for suffering from anorexia.

Sorry, but the fact that you went there at ALL makes you a pretty trash human being.

Not because of your diet, but because you're morally bankrupt enough to insult me for having that in my past.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3 protein servings and one meal is fine.
    There may be issues in vitamin and mineral consumption over time with just one meal I would imagine.

I wouldn't ever advise this approach long term over a more balanced multiple meal day.

But everything's a balance and none of us are perfectly healthy.

Like others in this thread I do find omad and other extreme approaches to eating raising small alarm bells about potential disordered behaviour patterns. The only time I think they serve a good purpose is when obese individuals struggle to lose weight without them.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

You are to upset to have a reasonable conversation anymore my comment sent you so far over the top you cant even see straight. Either way like I said I'm done. I tried to apologize and offer an olive branch oh well.

37 yo, Marysville WA illpinoise's Avatar
    illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Has anybody else tried this before?
    Nope not while putting on weight intentionally lol.

I can’t imagine eating surplus doing OMAD but with the protein shakes throughout the day I don’t see why it wouldn’t work OP.

You are to upset to have a reasonable conversation anymore my comment sent you so far over the top you cant even see straight. Either way like I said I'm done. I tried to apologize and offer an olive branch oh well.
    I think you're reading too far into this. I'm not 'mad'... it's a forum... it's not a big deal.

But when you outright insult me on the basis you did... sorry... but that's a shyt thing to do, and you're a shyt person for saying it. I don't really care what the reason is.

I think you're reading too far into this. I'm not 'mad'... it's a forum... it's not a big deal.

But when you outright insult me on the basis you did... sorry... but that's a shyt thing to do, and you're a shyt person for saying it. I don't really care what the reason is.
    Well agree to disagree I don't think your a **** person for thinking that just ignorant, I'm an ethical subjectivist I don't even believe in a universally applicable morality. Either way I don't care I only responded because my own personal morality happened to agree here I felt bad about saying that now my conscious is clear. Sorry.

Well agree to disagree I don't think your a **** person for thinking that just ignorant, I'm an ethical subjectivist I don't even believe in a universally applicable morality. Either way I don't care I only responded because my own personal morality happened to agree here I felt bad about saying that now my conscious is clear. Sorry.
    Cool, so your 'subjective ethics' hold that calling someone a moron for having anorexia is 'ethical'.

Always fun to see someone justifying their actions no matter how shytty by simply saying "hey, everything is just, like, an opinion man...."

BRB murdering children because it aligns with my personal ethics... cuz they, ethical subjectivism and all that. Nothin to be upset about here.

Cool, so your 'subjective ethics' hold that calling someone a moron for having anorexia is 'ethical'.

Always fun to see someone justifying their actions no matter how shytty by simply saying "hey, everything is just, like, an opinion man...."

BRB murdering children because it aligns with my personal ethics... cuz they, ethical subjectivism and all that. Nothin to be upset about here.
    I mean yes I've always been more a grapes of wrath kind of guy " There ain't no sin and there ain't no virtue. There's just stuff people do"

Also that was a poor example as many people consider every time a woman gets an abortion to be just that yet there is much debate about if its right or wrong.

I mean yes I've always been more a grapes of wrath kind of guy " There ain't no sin and there ain't no virtue. There's just stuff people do"

Also that was a poor example as many people consider every time a woman gets an abortion to be just that yet there is much debate about if its right or wrong.
    Imagine the kinds of things we could justify with that line of reasonable.

Pretty ironic that you are so cavalier about certain ethical dilemmas and yet so sensitive about me making a comment about your OMAD Sunday dinners.

Lot of cognitive dissonance detected.

I mean the only irony I see is that the comment you’ve made to intentional upset me have no impact and the one you didn’t did lol. If anything you acting so petulant is making me feel better about being an ass before. As much as I would love to talk philosophy with you It’s time to leave work and this isn’t really the best place.

I mean the only irony I see is that the comment you’ve made to intentional upset me have no impact and the one you didn’t did lol. If anything you acting so petulant is making me feel better about being an ass before. As much as I would love to talk philosophy with you It’s time to leave work and this isn’t really the best place.
    The same person who thinks I ‘insulted his family’ by talking about his diet is calling me ‘petulant’.

Makes sense.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interestingly enough, as a person I seem actually to prefer waiting to eat a sizeable meal one time and get nicely filled up rather than having to worry about and prepare tiny portions throughout the day. I also find that I tend to concentrate my calories by inclination even when not deliberately dieting. Even when I am, from the standpoint of feeling dissatisfied or deprived, this is actually a lot more pleasant of an approach than not eating very much but doing it frequently, and over the course of a single day I'm not really distracted or bothered by cravings anyway.

This is perhaps a highly individual preference that varies from person to person, however (Serge Nubret apparently did this even during competition prep). I will say though that I don't think this mentality is unhealthy by default. If you think about it naturally, this seems to hold true to the natural patterns of some societies (e.g. when a large animal would be hunted or slaughtered) and many mammals function this way as well. Not to say that snacking throughout the day is necessarily bad, either.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Interestingly enough, as a person I seem actually to prefer waiting to eat a sizeable meal one time and get nicely filled up rather than having to worry about and prepare tiny portions throughout the day. I also find that I tend to concentrate my calories by inclination even when not deliberately dieting. Even when I am, from the standpoint of feeling dissatisfied or deprived, this is actually a lot more pleasant of an approach than not eating very much but doing it frequently, and over the course of a single day I'm not really distracted or bothered by cravings anyway.

This is perhaps a highly individual preference that varies from person to person, however (Serge Nubret apparently did this even during competition prep). I will say though that I don't think this mentality is unhealthy by default. If you think about it naturally, this seems to hold true to the natural patterns of some societies (e.g. when a large animal would be hunted or slaughtered) and many mammals function this way as well. Not to say that snacking throughout the day is necessarily bad, either.
    It isn’t so much a health concern, I was meaning moreso from a mental perspective.

It’s true that even historically humans likely had to fast for prolonged periods, but that was by necessity: they’d be starving and desperate all the time, and as soon as food was available, they’d feast because they didn’t have a means to preserve the foods they found.

However, I would imagine in an environment of abundant sustenance their eating patterns would vary greatly from the type of feast/famine schedule they followed - which was a result of simply trying to survive long enough to bear children, etc.

To be honest I don’t enjoy tiny meals either.... and I also think it’s very healthy (mentally and physically) to spend more hours of the day fasted vs in a ‘feeding’ state, for example not eating from 8pm until 8am or a little longer, in fact I do personally do that just to allow my stomach a break and it helps me sleep better... usually I’m done eating before 8pm and my first meal is around 9am.

Even still, I don’t think I’ve ever known anyone who naturally, left to their own devices, doesn’t feel significant hunger after going 15+ hours without food... but hey, I could be wrong.

An enter day tho? I’d think that even for that to happen, I’d have to have like 10,000 calories the day before such that I feel so terrible I just can’t fathom eating.

Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brahfessa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Didn't mean to offend anybody or start any arguments.

I can understand that some people don't like the idea of not eating all day and only eating one meal but i genuinely enjoy this way of eating, it doesn't "hurt" i don't do it to torture my self or try to be extreme and its not effecting my sex life either. I really don't know what else to say other then i genuinely enjoy eating this way, i don't even get hungry during the day time, I know what may sound crazy but i honestly don't, i start to get hungry a couple of hours before i have my meal but its nothing crazy and i look forward to eating.

I can however also understand how it sounds like an extreme diet as well. Before i tried it i would think anybody who ate one meal per day was some kind of extremist with possible eating disorder tendency's and that's completely the opposite of what i am. for me OMAD is like a life hack, maybe some peoples body's just don't agree with it but for me its made everything much easier. But like i say i have had major concerns how it will effect my ability to make gains again as i understand that its not going to be optimal for MPS.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    If you prefer OMAD you could also have the 1 meal per day and a protein shake post workout.

I don't you'll have any problem progressing.

This isn't a bad idea actually i may try this first and see how i get on, i I usually train at lunch time around 1-2pm, then eat my main meal around 6 pm.

Didn't mean to offend anybody or start any arguments.

I can understand that some people don't like the idea of not eating all day and only eating one meal but i genuinely enjoy this way of eating, it doesn't "hurt" i don't do it to torture my self or try to be extreme and its not effecting my sex life either. I really don't know what else to say other then i genuinely enjoy eating this way, i don't even get hungry during the day time, I know what may sound crazy but i honestly don't, i start to get hungry a couple of hours before i have my meal but its nothing crazy and i look forward to eating.
    Was this always the case?

I mean, prior to starting this OMAD thing, I assume you had more than one meal and not at the end of the day, yeah? Were you eating even though you weren't hungry then?

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If your hungry while bulking you probably aren’t bulking just saying
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew