ttellek is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What Barbell to get

I have a home gym and I recently bent my barbell with 300lbs and I need to buy a new one but I have no idea where to start or what would be good.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I went rogue , no regrets . I don’t doubt people are dropping the bar during bench press because their bars are bent .
    I’ve had my old ones try and roll in my hand because they were bent , but the rogue ones are holding out and still straight as an arrow.
    I went with black for the bar as I like the looks, but find when I bench press that I have a harder time seeing the rings in the knurling, but other than that there awesome

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 01-02-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    Asteroid 2021

ttellek is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks man

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a Rogue also (Rogue 2.0).

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can't go wrong with Rogue, but I've owned Vulcan Strength, Rep Fitness, American Barbell, and Fringe Sport bars. All have been excellent. Garage Gym Lab has some good reviews if you want to do some reading.

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    28mm for Oly lifting or Deadlifting..
    28.5mm (Rogue makes plenty) for a nice all-purpose, do everything bar..
    29mm for powerlifting (Rogue Ohio Power bar, B&R 2.0 bar, AB Mammoth, etc.).. Squat, Bench Press, Press..

Stainless is my first choice always, but the most expensive. No rust to worry about, and that great knurl feel. Bare steel is excellent for knurl feel (same as stainless), is cheaper, but you have to deal with rust or regular bar maintenance. I avoid Zinc like the plague.. it just tends to wear and look bad over time. Chrome is very durable, but can be slick and reduce knurl feel compared to other 'finishes.'

American Barbell is my favorite brand for bars as far as quality, but Rogue makes excellent stuff for a little cheaper. Rep Fitness has plenty nice bars now as well as Vulcan.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    29mm for powerlifting (Rogue Ohio Power bar, B&R 2.0 bar, AB Mammoth, etc.).. Squat, Bench Press, Press..

Stainless is my first choice always, but the most expensive. No rust to worry about, and that great knurl feel. Bare steel is excellent for knurl feel (same as stainless), is cheaper, but you have to deal with rust or regular bar maintenance. I avoid Zinc like the plague.. it just tends to wear and look bad over time. Chrome is very durable, but can be slick and reduce knurl feel compared to other 'finishes.'

American Barbell is my favorite brand for bars as far as quality, but Rogue makes excellent stuff for a little cheaper. Rep Fitness has plenty nice bars now as well as Vulcan.
    I totally agree, stainless steel is on a whole other level of quality...I went with the American Barbell Elite Stainless Steel power bar and in my opinion the bar I go to for all my main lifts and while I don't mind an aggressive knurling, I actually prefer the passive yet grippy knurl on the AB more, feels good on the back during squats, grips well for all push and pull movements...what more can I ask for?

I actually was kicking around the idea of a second stainless steel power bar with the Rogue Ohio power bar just for different knurl variety...but with the AB version I just don't feel like I need another one for my purpose, it does it all!

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)

To the OP - above quote along with others is a good bit of orientation. You can go the cheap route with the CAP bar mentioned in the Cheepo Thread stickied - most generic bars suck so just avoid. CAP is a serviceable option but honestly if you are someone who works out, maintains a home gym and this is going to be your bar...not one person ever regretted spending enough to get a solid quality bar. No need to go crazy but worth it to get something solid for sure.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't go wrong with any of these brands, I'd also add the Buddy Capps Texas Power bar into the mix for a great general use barbell.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Can't go wrong with any of these brands, I'd also add the Buddy Capps Texas Power bar into the mix for a great general use barbell.
    Man, that's one bar I've never owned for whatever reason. I really need to pick one up one day. I was always a little jealous of your 3 Texas bar setup (DL, squat, and power, i think).

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I totally agree, stainless steel is on a whole other level of quality...I went with the American Barbell Elite Stainless Steel power bar and in my opinion the bar I go to for all my main lifts and while I don't mind an aggressive knurling, I actually prefer the passive yet grippy knurl on the AB more, feels good on the back during squats, grips well for all push and pull movements...what more can I ask for?

I actually was kicking around the idea of a second stainless steel power bar with the Rogue Ohio power bar just for different knurl variety...but with the AB version I just don't feel like I need another one for my purpose, it does it all!
    Hey I have that same AB Elite SS power bar! It's just phenomenal, right? I use it every session, and while I do want another power bar with a deeper knurl for something different, I just really don't need it. That AB bar is so well made. Great company!

tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ttellek View Post
    I have a home gym and I recently bent my barbell with 300lbs and I need to buy a new one but I have no idea where to start or what would be good.
    I have the Vulcan Bravo bar. It's rated for up to 1,000lbs. The knurling is very good. I actually love how it grips, but without tearing up my hands. The sleeves are bushings, not bearings, but they are smooth and easy to roll. Honestly, for $200 and free shipping I think this is probably one of the best bars in the price range.

140point6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can anyone comment on the bells of steel utility bar? Seems like a fairly decent, cheaper bar?

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 140point6 View Post
    Can anyone comment on the bells of steel utility bar? Seems like a fairly decent, cheaper bar?
    I haven't used it, but Garage Gym Lab reviewed it and I would say it's fairly decent and a good value.

https://garagegymlab.com/bells-of-st...ty-bar-review/

Garage Gym Lab is run by forum member Gamecocklifter and I've found his reviews to be pretty accurate, though keep in mind manufacturing quality may vary a bit from bar to bar, especially when they are manufactured in China. I would assume that's where this bar comes from. Quality control isn't always the best.