Thread: Power Cage Help

tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Power Cage Help

I need a power cage. I want one with lat pulldown, plate storage, dip bars, pull up bar, and safety bars. I'm trying not to exceed a $700 budget.

I found this rack on amazon (sorry, can't post links yet) RitFit-Landmine-Capacity-Weightlifting-Attachments/dp/B08P2WFNCQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=power+rack+with+l at+pulldown&qid=1609595931&sr=8-4[/url] which seems to have what I'm looking for. Plus it has the added bonus of the landmine. The only gripe I have is that the holes look like they're spaced 2" apart, which is a lot.

Anyone have any thoughts? This rack look good for what I want, or does anyone have a better suggestion?

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2" spacing is standard and not a lot. I had 3" for a couple of years and it was workable as well.

I would avoid buying a random rack off of Amazon and stick to a reputable brand like Rogue, Rep, etc.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If the pics are accurate, and the holes are 1", that doesn't look like 2" spacing, more like 4" spacing. There's no mention of steel gauge or weight either. Also, a lat row on a 4 post rack usually means you can only use flat benches, and not inclined.

tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, guys. 4" spacing is far too much. I didn't realize I couldn't use my incline bench with the lat pull down. This rack is out.

I won't buy Rogue, just because it's super overpriced imo. Rep is good, and I had also been eyeing their PR1100 rack. I only didn't buy because I don't want to pay $150 twice for shipping the rack and lat pull down separately.

I might end up buying the Rep rack and replacing my lat pulldown with pullups based on the inability to use my incline bench. Then I wouldn't need to buy/ship anything else from them. That would work for me.

I initially wanted the pulldown attachment because I don't like pullups. My lat strength isn't high enough to allow me to do enough reps. I suppose I could assist pullups with my bench as I approach failure until I get stronger though. Just have to be careful not to cheat myself by doing that.

Again, I appreciate you guys weighing in on that no name rack. You swayed my decision from it.

If anyone has a thought on the PR1100 please let me know 😊

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tjcashmoney View Post
    Thanks, guys. 4" spacing is far too much. I didn't realize I couldn't use my incline bench with the lat pull down. This rack is out.

I won't buy Rogue, just because it's super overpriced imo. Rep is good, and I had also been eyeing their PR1100 rack. I only didn't buy because I don't want to pay $150 twice for shipping the rack and lat pull down separately.

I might end up buying the Rep rack and replacing my lat pulldown with pullups based on the inability to use my incline bench. Then I wouldn't need to buy/ship anything else from them. That would work for me.

I initially wanted the pulldown attachment because I don't like pullups. My lat strength isn't high enough to allow me to do enough reps. I suppose I could assist pullups with my bench as I approach failure until I get stronger though. Just have to be careful not to cheat myself by doing that.

Again, I appreciate you guys weighing in on that no name rack. You swayed my decision from it.

If anyone has a thought on the PR1100 please let me know 😊
    I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. I settled on the titan fitness t3. In fact I stretched my budget and got two, combining them into a 6 post rack. The extra cost is somewhat offset by having weight storage. I will be adding the lat pull down when it comes back in stock. I like how titans racks are modular, and you can add the stuff you want over time.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like the racks from Bells of Steel. I have no idea where you live though . Rogue is too wide imo , and I find the ones from bells of steel are the golden ratio . Also like the west side hole spacing

https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product...ur-rack-save-5
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I like the racks from Bells of Steel. I have no idea where you live though . Rogue is too wide imo , and I find the ones from bells of steel are the golden ratio . Also like the west side hole spacing

https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product...ur-rack-save-5
    I looked at these when I was researching. I decided against them because they used a strange tubing size, making it not compatible with attachments from other manufacturers.

These were my 2nd choice, but at the time I didn't find much first hand reports.

https://boltfitnesssupply.us/product...ightning-racks

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im not sure you'll find all those options on a quality rack for $700.
    You may want to save some more and get something that will last.
    You know it's a one time buy and if you think you'll be using it all the time would be worth the extra.
    To many lower price racks I've seen are low quality stuff from china.
    Search for used equipment and see whats out there.
    Unfortunately now is a sellers market with jacked up prices but you may come across something you could live with.
    Good luck.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Im not sure you'll find all those options on a quality rack for $700.
    What if I just went for a pull up bar and safety spotters? That, and the j hooks obviously, are the main staples of what I need this minute. Can you recommend any quality racks without the extras for that price?

To many lower price racks I've seen are low quality stuff from china.
    How much does rack quality really mean? Forgive my ignorance... I just use what's at the gym. But it's just metal used to hold my other metal right? What is the problem with lower quality?

Search for used equipment and see whats out there.
    Unfortunately now is a sellers market with jacked up prices but you may come across something you could live with.
    Good luck.
    I've been trying for months. I unfortunately got into exercise and proper diet about 4 months before covid hit. I was able to get a treadmill before **** hit the fan, but not strength gear. And now everything is all screwed up. I'd really love to have my own gear. I'll keep on the lookout, but if I can get a new one that makes sense for a decent price I'm going to do that.

My weights are not as useful without a rack. I can do exercises off the floor like deadlifts and bent over rows, but I don't want to do a lot of exercises without safety in place. I just want to workout and my gym is about to get super full for the next couple weeks.

?

How much does rack quality really mean? Forgive my ignorance... I just use what's at the gym. But it's just metal used to hold my other metal right? What is the problem with lower quality?
    The main difference is the thickness of the metal. I originally bought a weider rack used locally. One of the posts already had a slight bend in it, just from the built in weight horn being loaded up. The saber style safety bars will also take a bend if enough weight was dropped on them, and they would not be easy to find replacements for. Pin pipe safeties spread the load out on the whole pin using the pipe, which prevents bending when weight is dumped on it. Plastic lined, or strap safeties won't wear the knurling on your bars. Personally I don't care about saving knurling, as it wears in parts I'll never grab.

Your gym most likely has 7 gauge steel on their racks. Most of the cheaper racks are 14-16 gauge. The quality home racks usually have 11 gauge steel. In case it wasn't obvious, lower gauge steel is thicker.

Thanks, dude. This makes perfect sense now. Why would anyone make racks that bend under weight? Yeesh. I hadn't even thought that would be a possibility.

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What if I just went for a pull up bar and safety spotters? That, and the j hooks obviously, are the main staples of what I need this minute. Can you recommend any quality racks without the extras for that price?.
    This is a decent idea. Check out Rogues squat stands. They're essentially a pull up bar, spotters and j hooks. You can convert some of them to a full rack later. This will get you in under your $700. It's high quality and you can actually order it today. (There are different heights) No playing the in stock racing games.

https://www.roguefitness.com/sml-2-r...te-squat-stand

Grab a couple bands to assist you with doing pullups as you get stronger. They're cheap.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

Thanks, dude. This makes perfect sense now. Why would anyone make racks that bend under weight? Yeesh. I hadn't even thought that would be a possibility.
    Because most people don't lift that much. I think my used weider rack was rated at 300lbs, which was likely a liability rating. But leaving the metal thickness aside. These cheaper racks are much harder to find replacement parts, or expand more functionality on. This sealed deal for me in stretching out my budget, and going with something I could easily get replacement parts for, and expand functionality over time.

This page lists a lot of racks, and their compatibility with other manufacturers attachments.
    https://www.tworepcave.com/3006/powe...y-master-list/

Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    This is a decent idea. Check out Rogues squat stands. They're essentially a pull up bar, spotters and j hooks. You can convert some of them to a full rack later. This will get you in under your $700. It's high quality and you can actually order it today. (There are different heights) No playing the in stock racing games.

Grab a couple bands to assist you with doing pullups as you get stronger. They're cheap.
    Ok, I will get the Rogue. I checked Rep and the rack I was looking at is only 14ga. I see why Rogue costs more now. I'll spring for the extra money to get the full rack with the fat pull-up bar. By the time I add safety spotters it will cost me more in the long run to convert that to a full rack. I hadn't thought about addon compatibility later. I'm thinking the RML 390F Monster Lite. Is that a good rack?

140point6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know much about this sport yet, so take it with a grain of salt. I got a Titan rack because it saved me a few $$ against the Rogue and it has a lot of attachment possibilities as well. Plus you should be able to get a rack around $700 and expand it over time. The pulley version of the lat pull is also around $60 for an upgrade...

Ok, my order is placed. I got the Titan X3 because it looked better than the Rogue rack. It is 3x3 11ga steel and has a fat pull-up bar. Plus I got 4 weight horns and free shipping for $772 after taxes and stuff. Thanks to all for your help figuring it out.

Ok, my order is placed. I got the Titan X3 because it looked better than the Rogue rack. It is 3x3 11ga steel and has a fat pull-up bar. Plus I got 4 weight horns and free shipping for $772 after taxes and stuff. Thanks to all for your help figuring it out.
    I probably would've went with that too if it had been in stock when I ordered.

Keep in mind, titan stopped including safeties with their racks. You have to buy them separately. Either the pin/pipe, or the strap safeties. I went pin/pipe, and will probably get a pair of the swing in when they come back in stock.

Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    I probably would've went with that too if it had been in stock when I ordered.

Keep in mind, titan stopped including safeties with their racks. You have to buy them separately. Either the pin/pipe, or the strap safeties. I went pin/pipe, and will probably get a pair of the swing in when they come back in stock.
    Well that kinda sucks. I couldn't believe it so I read the description more carefully and you're right! I went ahead and bought the safety bars. Part of the whole reason to have a rack imo are those safety bars. They should include them.

Well that kinda sucks. I couldn't believe it so I read the description more carefully and you're right! I went ahead and bought the safety bars. Part of the whole reason to have a rack imo are those safety bars. They should include them.
    I bought 2 titan racks in order to combine them into a 6 post. One came with safeties, and one didn't. The one that didn't come with safeties was much better built and finished all around.

140point6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on the purchase. Be sure to post pictures once you are setup!

Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    While rogue might be overpriced in your mind you get what you pay for just like any major solid brand.

At least with Rogue if you decide you don’t like it or lifting you can always sell for relatively close to what you bought it for later.

Not saying what you afford is crap or putting you down I always try to buy once for safety and what my preferences are. Personally for a rack I want to buy the best I can and save more to future proof myself.

Edit: just read you bought a Titan brand. Congrats and enjoy.

Originally Posted by 140point6 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. Be sure to post pictures once you are setup!
    Thanks. I can definitely post some pics when it gets here. TN isn't too far from me, so probably just 1-2 days once it does leave the place.

Originally Posted by Aspenextreme03 View Post
    Thank you! I hope I do. From what I read it's about the same as Rogue's racks, but not as pretty in welds/powder coating.

if you decide you don’t like it or lifting you can always sell for relatively close to what you bought it for later.
    I'm not going to quit lifting. I love it so much that I bought equipment for home so I can lift even more.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    While rogue might be overpriced in your mind you get what you pay for just like any major solid brand.

At least with Rogue if you decide you don’t like it or lifting you can always sell for relatively close to what you bought it for later.

Not saying what you afford is crap or putting you down I always try to buy once for safety and what my preferences are. Personally for a rack I want to buy the best I can and save more to future proof myself.

I still don't get how anyone thinks Rogue is overpriced - I think they are perfectly priced for what they are - quality mid-tier borderline commercial grade and made domestically.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    I still don't get how anyone thinks Rogue is overpriced - I think they are perfectly priced for what they are - quality mid-tier borderline commercial grade and made domestically.
    Agreed, though I would say they are commercial grade, based on commercial use in CrossFit facilities and powerlifting gyms. Not all commercial gear is created equally.

CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    Also, a lat row on a 4 post rack usually means you can only use flat benches, and not inclined.
    Sorry, could you elaborate on this? Why couldn’t you use incline?

Originally Posted by CatsAndMice10 View Post
    Sorry, could you elaborate on this? Why couldn’t you use incline?
    The lat row hardware gets in the way of the bench legs when in the inclined position. This is especially obvious when trying to incline bench inside the rack.

My rack arrived from Titan. As requested, I have attached a pic of the rack.

I haven't had any of the issues other people have mentioned with Titan. The welds are nice. The only scratches in the powder coat I had were on the upright that was hidden by a bracket anyway. I did have one minor issue: the weight plate holders I ordered didn't arrive. I called Titan's customer service and they instantly sent me replacement ones. No questions asked. Awesome customer service imo.

Edit: Not sure why the pic is rotated. I couldn't figure out how to rotate it so it's upright. The pic is upright on my computer, so not sure...
    Attached Images

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My rack arrived from Titan. As requested, I have attached a pic of the rack.

I haven't had any of the issues other people have mentioned with Titan. The welds are nice. The only scratches in the powder coat I had were on the upright that was hidden by a bracket anyway. I did have one minor issue: the weight plate holders I ordered didn't arrive. I called Titan's customer service and they instantly sent me replacement ones. No questions asked. Awesome customer service imo.

Edit: Not sure why the pic is rotated. I couldn't figure out how to rotate it so it's upright. The pic is upright on my computer, so not sure...
    Looks nice...and for some reason I rfeally like the checkered tile/flooring.

Just curious: Looks like you have space so why have it were you need to wedge yourself in the corner to get weights on the bar? Slide it over a little, I've found lifting is a lot more enjoyable when it's not a pain getting weights on and off the bar.....but that may just be me.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Looks nice...and for some reason I rfeally like the checkered tile/flooring.

Just curious: Looks like you have space so why have it were you need to wedge yourself in the corner to get weights on the bar? Slide it over a little, I've found lifting is a lot more enjoyable when it's not a pain getting weights on and off the bar.....but that may just be me.
    Hahaha thanks. I get compliments on that flooring a lot. It's just peel and stick carpet tile I bought for like $1 per square foot.

The pic isn't really showing how much room I have. I have about 4 feet on each side of the rack. I was considering putting my treadmill over on the side because it's a little in the way now. I like to pull my bar out from the rack to do bent over rows and such. I can do it fine if I lift my treadmill deck, but was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. But you're right... having no room would suck and I guess I'll be keeping my treadmill there and just lifting the deck when I lift.