FitorDie2021 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking to lose weight and be healthy before I die.

Hey everyone,

I found this forum by watching a YouTube video about a guy named Jesse Shand. I don't know him, but I learned that coming to this site to get support, guidance and more literally saved his life. It inspired me and helped me realize that I have hope of being fit, too.

My name is Bill and I am a 37 year old father of four. I have struggled with my weight since I was a teen, and pretty much hate myself for where I am today. I am currently over 280 pounds and about 42% body fat. I used to be around 320 at my highest. About four years ago I lost a lot of weight and got down to around 220. I've since gained a lot of it back.

I work in tech and find myself struggling to make healthy food choices, stay motivated and want to exercise. To be honest, I've been thinking that if I can't get this under control in 2021 I'd give up on life completely. I generally accel at anything I put my mind to, but getting a hold of my weight is something I've never been able to do.

My wife and kids are very active and fit. I'm the third wheel of my family. My wife and kids deserve more. A few weeks ago my sister-in-law invited me to a weight loss challenge starting Jan 1. I'm going to take her up on it and hopefully figure this out before it literally ends me.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has any advice, guidance or tips. I'd really appreciate it.

Bill

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Welcome to the forum

I'm sure you appreciate this is a very common situation. The forum regulars have prepared various "sticky" threads at the top of each forum with all the information you need to get started. My recommended route is:
    1. Learn to count calories and make sure you are getting adequate levels of protein and essential fats. see Nutrition forum stickys
    2. Get myfitnesspal and put what you normally eat into it. You don't have to radically change everything - that strategy is less likely to be adhered to. But it's a very good idea to remove high calorie processed foods and more add meat, eggs and vegetables.
    3. Start a well planned novice routine like Fierce 5 - see Workout Programs. Don't modify this, trust the person who wrote it is an experienced expert.

gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unfortunately, mine is the opposite. I want to gain weight and gain muscle. I want your clothes to match