firenuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pinched nerve in neck w/R side weakness

Hello everyone,

I had an MRI yesterday C5-6 central stenosis
    C6-7 severe right and moderate left foraminal stenosis!

I have zero strength on any pushing exercises, my right tricep is not firing at all and now my right pec muscle is atrophied. My wife told me when we were getting ready for bed” you know your right pec is smaller than the left”

So my question...anyone had this before and what’s the best treatment? Plus, exercises? Chest training is ridiculous...365lb bench to unable to do push-ups 😡
    Any advice?

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by firenuck View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have zero strength on any pushing exercises, my right tricep is not firing at all and now my right pec muscle is atrophied. My wife told me when we were getting ready for bed” you know your right pec is smaller than the left”

So my question...anyone had this before and what’s the best treatment? Plus, exercises? Chest training is ridiculous...365lb bench to unable to do push-ups
    Any advice?
    How that happened though, was you bench pressing that time with pinching shoulder blades back and down?

firenuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    How that happened though, was you bench pressing that time with pinching shoulder blades back and down?
    I hate to say it but I woke up at the firehouse and had a kink in my neck ...didn’t think much of it but throughout the day got worse and worse. Started with numbness and tingling in thumb and forefinger, to hand then rest of right arm. The pain was unbearable almost like a hot poker shooting down my arm.
    I grew up playing rugby (20 yrs) and hockey and had some issues with neck but nothing serious! So I think just getting old and being hard on my body as a youngster is finally catching up!
    I’m just waiting on my consultation but I know steroid injections will be a recommendation which I’m not a fan of!!

PaulPaul2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by firenuck View Post
    Hello everyone,

So my question...anyone had this before and what’s the best treatment? Plus, exercises? Chest training is ridiculous...365lb bench to unable to do push-ups 😡
    Any advice?
    Hey! I have exactly the same symptoms and problems. Are you back to your "normal" strength and if so, what did you do for recovery? I went already to my doc, got massage therapy and I'm seeing a chiropractor but I'm still way stronger on my left side compared to my right side what wasn't the case before I pinched a nerve during dumbell shoulder press. It's now 10 weeks ago that I pinched a nerve and I'm getting really frustrated...