Registered User Dream2BShredded's Avatar
    Dream2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How does this training routine sound?

I'm currently doing a PPL split so training each muscle group twice a week. However, I was thinking of trying the following:

Day 1: Chest and triceps
    Day 2: Back and biceps
    Day 3: Shoulders and abs
    Day 4: Legs
    Day 5: Rest

Would this type of training be common? I currently do chest and shoulders together, however I'd like to give shoulders their own day separately due to energy levels decreasing after smashing my chest. I enjoy being in the gym so the extra day doesn't bother me. Issue is that if I do this, I won't be working each muscle group twice a every 7 days but rather each muscle group twice every 9 days now. For example, I'll be going from having a 4 day rest between muscle groups to a 5 day rest. Will that make much of a difference or am I completely overthinking this?

Thanks!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't really give an opinion without knowing your program, before and after. You've only given a schedule and body parts.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Split really doesn't matter.

What you put into each day matters
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

dandogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The split looks Good, no overlapping of secondary muscles being worked day after day

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is 7 days in the week, not 5. That isn’t a program, or even a list of exercises. If I had 5 days to work out though, in a gym, my general layout would look something like this:

Day 1: Chest and shoulders
    Day 2: Legs and abs, light lat and upper back work
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Back with light shoulder and chest work
    Day 5: Arms with light leg work
    Day 6 and 7 I would rest completely, probably have a cheat meal in there too
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 01-22-2021 at 10:25 AM.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, as Wolf said the routine is less important than the degree of well-directed effort within each day. As you gain experience, you'll figure out how to cover all of the important bases via different methods and find that you can vary your routine significantly, and that it is fun to do so.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"