doggobongos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Curl or Straight Bar?

Hi! I've been doing solely calisthenics ever since and have been thinking of buying either of the two using my savings. I've read that the straight bar is more versatile but I was wondering if you can do the same exercises on a curl bar? Is it fine if I buy a curl bar or will I just be limiting the exercises I'll be able to (effectively) do?

shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So it sounds like you're building up your workout equipment?

Curl bars aren't that expensive, but you are correct there are limitations to what they can be used for. It would be good for a start, but me personally I would save for a good straight bar since you can do more with them. You can target more muscle groups with a straight bar, while the curl bar is good for stuff like biceps for instance.
    Just keep on going.

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dammit...just wrote a novel and got an error message.

Tl;dr

- Curl bar is good for two things: curls if straight bar bothers your wrists, and tricep extensions.

- Straight bar allows you to perform dozens of exercises and can hold
    more weight.

- If you can only get one, I’d recommend straight bar for it’s versatility.

Btw, curl bars aren’t more effective for curling than straight bars. In fact, they’re slightly less effective due to the reduced wrist supination the grip forces you into. But if straight bar curls bother your wrists, a curl bar might be the better option.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

3wakka3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look into resistance bands as weights can get quite expensive as you progress you'll need more plates. With bands you can do so many exercises and change the leverage to make the exercise easier or harder.

SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Curl Bar always felt better for me but lee priest did straight