mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Help with a home workout

Hello. I hope you all had a merry Christmas!

Wondering if you could help me structuring a training plan with the tools I have. My gym didn't reopen after the first lockdown and I don't have any other options close to me. We're in lockdown again, anyways.

This is what I have in my garage (no bench or rack):

Olympic bar + two 35lbs plates
    Kettlebells: 35, 45, 70
    Dumbbells (pairs): 15 and 30 and some lighter ones for therapy.

I am basically fooling around. I do some deadlifts, then kettlebells swings, then bicep curls....whatever comes to mind. I don't have structure and I find it hard to focus and get motivated like this. I need to see/measure progress, even if marginal, to stay motivated, and this doesn't help at all.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you aren't able to get any more equipment such as some more plates and a rack/bench then you can get inventive.

It depends where you are strength wise but I would do a lot of supersets.

xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xTeTe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depending on your strength level... maybe try doing barbell rows and overhead presses.

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you want a simple plan to adhere to? What do you think of a 3-day a week full body strength plan. You have more than enough equipment to start there and just add more equipment as you progress. I used to have 24/7 to a gym just right next to my office for 2 years. After moving, all I have at home is a pullup bar and a 30 lb dumbbell..just make do with what you have with a very simple full body program and progress from there. Progress doesn't always mean more weight / more equipment.

Decrease rest periods between sets
    More overall sets/reps
    Explosive reps (with lighter weight) for power
    Slower reps for hypertrophy

When it's time to increase weight, that should be motivation to focus on more plates. I'm jealous you have a garage you can work with!

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by illpinoise View Post
    When it's time to increase weight, that should be motivation to focus on more plates. I'm jealous you have a garage you can work with!
    I'm jealous he has a barbell and two plates! I have a pullup bar and two bags of sand!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends on what your goals are.
    While you may be able to build some muscle with what you have i think a conditioning type goal with what you have can be very doable.
    Something along the lines of crossfit workouts of the day and improve on them and have a goal with them like so much in a certain time frame.
    Do a search.
    You can oly lifts with the oly bar, clean and press,snatches or just clean and deadlift reps as you mentioned.
    Rows and floor press could be other options.
    KB's can offer a variety especially if you have doubles.
    Swings,squat,presses,get ups and KB snatches if you know how can be good.
    Same with the DB's,good for doing cluster /complex type training.
    You need to have a goal and a plan to achieve the goal.
    It will take discipline on your part and you can do it if you want it bad enough.
    Good luck.

mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks folks. This is what I've been doing.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/th...orkout-program

I use the kettlebell for the RDLs, goblets, etc.

At the end I add a series of kettle swings. I found this very tiresome now, so I'm building it little by little.....I do 5,10,15,20 reps and then repeat (If I can).

I feel I'm getting good work done, but still struggling on setting up a goal. In gym times, I'd be happy with increasing my max weight or reps, but now it's a bit different.

It's a good idea to look for something like crossfit workouts. I didn't think about that.

Thanks again.