AJ1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for help!

Looking for some Advice, currently 228.6 LBS ( lowest I’ve been is 210 ish, I was nearly 300 at my biggest.... ) ( 6’2 )

So lately I’ve been gaining weight again because I haven’t exactly been being very active, i used to go bike riding a lot, not too sure if this burned many calories? But lately I got to around 210 and I just struggled to maintain it, when I was counting calories I was at around 1600 - 1800 a day, but I must’ve not been counting accurately if not I’d surely be loosing weight still?

I’m just looking for some advice on things to do and help me loose weight, excise routines etc? What should I be eating a day? Thanks!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're gaining weight because you're in a caloric surplus, you're taking in more calories than you're burning on a weekly basis. You need to increase your activity level and reduce your intake to get back in a caloric deficit.

Guarantee you weren't counting calories correctly, or you were estimating them, or you weren't tracking everything before, because at 1600-1800 calories you would be dropping weight like a rock.

Go back 1 page, read the Dont Look Past the Basics sticky thread near the top of the forum.

Use this thread to estimate your calorie burn and set your estimated calorie and macro targets. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what he said ^

just some miscounting going on

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    OP: when talking about weight loss or gained, it's important to give the timescales involved - because day to day changes can be confused by water weight shifts - but any sustained effort over 2 weeks or more at a fixed (and accurately counted intake) is much better evidence.

The trouble with being slapdash about counting is that your appetite will tend to lead you around by the nose if you aren't constantly monitoring. Your body wants to maintain homeostasis (keeping everything the same).

Thanks guys! I’ve been going for around 30 weeks currently.

ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd definitely start on a weight training program and some active cardio, even just walking does a lot.

Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    I'd definitely start on a weight training program and some active cardio, even just walking does a lot.
    Sounds good to me, would you recommend any plans I can follow “from home”?

11 Mile bike ride done today, carrying these on hopefully!

peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cardio is nice for health but more important is diet.

1) CICO. Calories in Calories Out. This is the overarching rule that is science and can’t be broken or changed. It’s fact. Eat less lose weight. Eat more gain weight.

2) Excess energy stored as fat and easier to store than to access for energy. Excess energy easiest to store when in carb form. Pro tip: eat high protein, medium fat, very low carb diet. Only enough carbs to fuel workouts and replenish glycogen every few days with a normal carb meal(rice, potatoes, etc)

3) Lifting is actually easier than you think if diet is on point. Just slowly advance in intensity. Whether body weight work, or weight lifting, lift a little bit more each time or each week, whether that is in weight or difficulty of exercise or in volume. Slow and steady improvement and consistency.

4) I don’t know why I’m numbering these things.

5) Here are some good food tip ideas during cutting fat to keep calories and carbs low: big volume of salad with very low cal dressing. Tons of lettuce/spinach, tons and tons in a big bowl for dinner, with some chicken(no oil) seasoned with spices and hot sauce, not high calorie sauces; sugar free jello; unflavored popcorn; crystal light/mio to flavor water or a blended slushee; powdered peanut butter(PB2); sliced turkey deli meat; 0% fat plain Greek yogurt

6) good luck
    Last edited by peeterdeeter; 12-30-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    /Sleep Standing Up Crew\
    <Racist Dreams Crew>
    *Reverse My Boxers Crew*
    :: Can Still Dunk Crew ::

Originally Posted by peeterdeeter View Post
    Cardio is nice for health but more important is diet.

1) CICO. Calories in Calories Out. This is the overarching rule that is science and can’t be broken or changed. It’s fact. Eat less lose weight. Eat more gain weight.

2) Excess energy stored as fat and easier to store than to access for energy. Excess energy easiest to store when in carb form. Pro tip: eat high protein, medium fat, very low carb diet. Only enough carbs to fuel workouts and replenish glycogen every few days with a normal carb meal(rice, potatoes, etc)

3) Lifting is actually easier than you think if diet is on point. Just slowly advance in intensity. Whether body weight work, or weight lifting, lift a little bit more each time or each week, whether that is in weight or difficulty of exercise or in volume. Slow and steady improvement and consistency.

4) I don’t know why I’m numbering these things.

5) Here are some good food tip ideas during cutting fat to keep calories and carbs low: big volume of salad with very low cal dressing. Tons of lettuce/spinach, tons and tons in a big bowl for dinner, with some chicken(no oil) seasoned with spices and hot sauce, not high calorie sauces; sugar free jello; unflavored popcorn; crystal light/mio to flavor water or a blended slushee; powdered peanut butter(PB2); sliced turkey deli meat; 0% fat plain Greek yogurt

6) good luck
    Thanks man, calories in calories out seems a good aspect to keep to. I’m eating a lot of carbs currently, so I’ll try to drop them out a bit more. Get a bit more active, and hopefully from there I see some bigger improvements.