StrongApe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy I cannot activate long head of my triceps.

The attachment below is the machine I have. I also use it for overhead cable extensions to hit my long head. I did this exercise for over a month and my long head was growing and progressing. All of a sudden I can't feel the burn and contraction in my long head anymore when doing this exercise. It is always my elbow area/stupid medial head that is fatiguing. Now I am losing mass and size in the long head of my triceps and it is very demoralizing. I have tried other exercises like skullcrushers, dumbell kickbacks, dumbell overhead extensions, and dips, all of which I don't feel my long head getting worked. It is always my stupid elbows and medial head area that is fatiguing. I just don't understand why my long head is never felt. I do these exercises with proper form and my long head never is felt. Can someone please help me out, overhead cable extensions was the one exercise in which my long head was clearly getting worked and pumped, I felt the difference. And now that is gone too... Please help me out, I just want to grow my long head of the triceps. Please give any tips or advice as for how to activate the long head of my triceps, or what I am doing wrong. I am using a standard tricep rope when performing overhead cable extensions.
    Attached Images

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What date did you start doing the overhead cable extensions? Is this affecting both arms?
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Long head is going to be exercises where your arm is stretched over your head.

Lying tricep extensions with shoulder extension.
    Pushdowns with shoulder extension.
    Overhead extensions.

Just because you can’t “feel” the muscle working doesn’t mean it isn’t. It’s impossible to do the above exercises without engaging the tricep long head if you’re doing them right.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    What date did you start doing the overhead cable extensions? Is this affecting both arms?
    I started doing it in September this year. Yes, it is affecting both arms.

Originally Posted by Ironface View Post

Overhead extensions.

Just because you can’t “feel” the muscle working doesn’t mean it isn’t. It’s impossible to do the above exercises without engaging the tricep long head if you’re doing them right.
    My triceps long head is getting smaller, it is not getting worked. I should feel the burn in the inside of the tricep but i feel it instead in my medial head area.

Originally Posted by Ironface View Post

Overhead extensions.

But my long head is getting smaller it should be getting bigger with more mass

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StrongApe View Post
    But my long head is getting smaller it should be getting bigger with more mass
    If you're not in severe pain because your long head has become detached, then your overall programming stinks.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you're not in severe pain because your long head has become detached, then your overall programming stinks.
    What do you mean? If my anatomy was that messed up I'm pretty sure I would have more problems than just an overhead cable extension

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StrongApe View Post
    What do you mean? If my anatomy was that messed up I'm pretty sure I would have more problems than just an overhead cable extension
    Yes, that's why it sounds like your overall programming stinks and not that the long head of your tris is magically not being worked when you do skullcrushers, dips, overhead exts, kickbacks, etc.

Yes, that's why it sounds like your overall programming stinks and not that the long head of your tris is magically not being worked when you do skullcrushers, dips, overhead exts, kickbacks, etc.
    Skullcrushers and any overhead dumbell stuff I have never done since day one, they hurt my elbows. However rope extensions and rope work in general have always produced results and increased my tricep mass. It is only now my long head is not being felt and I am not sure why or what I am doing that causes that. When I can feel the burn and pain, I know for sure their will be growth and growth occurs. But, now I do not feel my long head but instead the medial head. I posted this thread in hope that someone may give me tips to correct my form or grip when doing overhead cable extension. I wouldn't say my tricep anatomy is abnormal or anything.

It’s like talking to a brick wall. Good luck!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Misc ————————>

It’s like talking to a brick wall. Good luck!
    wut

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Misc ————————>
    what is that supposed to mean