ThatIrishLad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calling on people who have broken their wrist before

Hi all,
    I broke my wrist in July 2020 and at the time despite a lot of pain and being unable to do a push up, I brushed it off as being a bad sprain. However, in September I got it scanned and discovered that I had a scaphoid fracture. Since then I subsequently underwent surgery whereby a screw was inserted to help fuse the bone together. I was in a cast for 2 weeks, a splint for 4 weeks, and now have been working on regaining full ROM in the injured wrist.

I am just wondering if anyone on here has broken their wrist before and is able to shed some light on the situation? My wrist still is quite sore 12 weeks after surgery, and ROM has improved considerably, but it is still a good bit off my other uninjured wrist. I am still unable to do a pushup, and benching I feel is still months off. I can do a lot of rowing and pulling exercises, but I haven't done many as I have been afraid that it would disrupt the healing process.

Any info would be appreciated as its a dark place not being able to do some of your favourite exercises in the gym
    Thanks

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i snapped the end of my unla off at the wrist 4 years ago. It took me a full year to be able to be able to lift normally without pain or concern. I wound up using leather wraps to stabilize my heavier lifts while I was recovering but even with that I was feeling pain and discomfort for most of the year.
    "I'm not like most girls." -most girls

Registered User DeslredUsername's Avatar
    DeslredUsername has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got a hair fracture in my scaphoid (I think it was my scaphoid) once. Like you, I had a screw (titanium) put in over a month later. They said if I had waited longer I risked losing range-of-motion in my wrist. Within 6 months it was like it had never happened. Well, if I hadn't known it had ever been broken, I wouldn't have realized. Technically there was minor discomfort when flexing it backwards for a few years, but nothing to hinder any workouts.

It's been almost a decade and even that minor pain is gone.