Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do you think having accessories for my Powertec in this small-ish space looks okay?

I was really looking forward to the Leg Press. Still have to call Powertec for a few issues. Here you can see my Leg Press on the sidewall. I also ordered a couple more accessories. Do you think it looks okay or is too cluttered? I know I'll have space for the Leg Curl, but I'm wondering if the chest fly would clutter it up too much.

I know some people think it sounds like trolling. I truly am not. I do have some OCD though. It's like I'm looking forward to the attachments but at the same time didn't realize how big they would look. I definitely don't have space for the Storage accessory. But if you have any advice, let me know. I hope it doesn't look too bad.
    Attached Images

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The equipment looks good. Awesome view. But make up your mind. Is it a gym, or is it a room with some workout equipment in it? If it's a gym then utilize your storage space, floor to ceiling. Invest in some wall storage, not all storage needs to be floor based. The space you have two dumbbells sitting on the floor could easily hold a set of PowerBlocks or IronMasters. Hang things from the ceiling if need be. The gym is a place to sweat and make gains, not just look pretty. Mirrors instead of pictures on the wall would help.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    The equipment looks good. Awesome view. But make up your mind. Is it a gym, or is it a room with some workout equipment in it? If it's a gym then utilize your storage space, floor to ceiling. Invest in some wall storage, not all storage needs to be floor based. The space you have two dumbbells sitting on the floor could easily hold a set of PowerBlocks or IronMasters. Hang things from the ceiling if need be. The gym is a place to sweat and make gains, not just look pretty. Mirrors instead of pictures on the wall would help.

Good tips. I like how you asked is it a gym or a room with some equipment!

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good points . One of the members here used a product called store wall . Great stuff ,and much better than anything else I’ve seen , but you pay for quality to .

Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Einhander12 View Post
    I was really looking forward to the Leg Press. Still have to call Powertec for a few issues. Here you can see my Leg Press on the sidewall. I also ordered a couple more accessories. Do you think it looks okay or is too cluttered? I know I'll have space for the Leg Curl, but I'm wondering if the chest fly would clutter it up too much.

I know some people think it sounds like trolling. I truly am not. I do have some OCD though. It's like I'm looking forward to the attachments but at the same time didn't realize how big they would look. I definitely don't have space for the Storage accessory. But if you have any advice, let me know. I hope it doesn't look too bad.
    Great View! I have the curl attachment and standing dip. They both work better than i expected. I already have a pec dec or I would have bought the chest fly too. I would buy them all. Figure out how to store them
    later. Maybe try the machine in another position. Are you in the doorway taking pic? A quarter turn to the right, would allow more space in front to change attachments, and allow more area to store pieces.. Back it close to the doorwall and allow a little more space on right than left to enter gym..Then all attachments around where the leg press is..
    Last edited by Greybird2; 12-27-2020 at 08:08 AM.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Great View! I have the curl attachment and standing dip. They both work better than i expected. I already have a pec dec or I would have bought the chest fly too. I would buy them all. Figure out how to store them
    later. Maybe try the machine in another position. Are you in the doorway taking pic? A quarter turn to the right, would allow more space in front to change attachments, and allow more area to store pieces.. Back it close to the doorwall and allow a little more space on right than left to enter gym..Then all attachments around where the leg press is..
    Agreed buy them all and figure where to store them later. I'm intrigued by the dip attachment. Do you find that you can go fairly heavy on it without being anchored down? My shoulders don't like regular dips but dip machines are one thing that I really miss from a commercial gym.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you aren't using the room for anything else, all that matters is if it's functional. If you have space to use the attachments, then I'd get them if I wanted them. You can always figure out storage in time.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agreed buy them all and figure where to store them later. I'm intrigued by the dip attachment. Do you find that you can go fairly heavy on it without being anchored down? My shoulders don't like regular dips but dip machines are one thing that I really miss from a commercial gym.
    I used to love weighted dips. Elbow issue on right put a halt to that. Then I used to love the seated dip Hammer strength machine at the gym. Then we got Covid.. Now I do do PT standing dips. They are not HS seated dips. But, they are good.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post

Thanks. I was thinking of doing that. Yea in the doorway. Originally that's how I wanted it but the guy that set it up for me said I need a lot of room on the sides and to walk behind the machine for changing stuff. I did some other organizing today and I put together the leg curl and curl attachment. Both don't seem to take up too much room, so it's not looking too awful. The dip doesn't seem like it would take up a lot of space, is that correct? Looks like I can just put it in a corner.

The curl attachment is good but I realized I can't do a lot of weight on it lol. Do you have any tips on how to efficiently get it pinned in the right position? Seems tricky at times because the piece is pretty heavy. So it's like I'm holding the pin and lifting the piece with the other arm.

Originally Posted by Einhander12 View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking of doing that. Yea in the doorway. Originally that's how I wanted it but the guy that set it up for me said I need a lot of room on the sides and to walk behind the machine for changing stuff. I did some other organizing today and I put together the leg curl and curl attachment. Both don't seem to take up too much room, so it's not looking too awful. The dip doesn't seem like it would take up a lot of space, is that correct? Looks like I can just put it in a corner.

The curl attachment is good but I realized I can't do a lot of weight on it lol. Do you have any tips on how to efficiently get it pinned in the right position? Seems tricky at times because the piece is pretty heavy. So it's like I'm holding the pin and lifting the piece with the other arm.
    You cant use a lot of weight on that curl.. I use 40 max. I marked it with a magic marker where I like it. Your description is about right. They are a little awkward, but after a few times it is easier.. I would turn the machine.. You need just enough room to get weights off the pegs, and for a 45 to clear the wall behind it. Or, try the corner. That would free up a ton of space. You have plenty of room to make it work right in there..