Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Registered User thedickus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 55
    Posts: 1,522
    Rep Power: 5503
    thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thedickus is offline
    Originally Posted by Mxchino View Post
    Got my Inspire ft1 selector rods from inspire to upgrade the weight stack on my FTX. Now I just need the cables and plates.
    I'm glad that's possible. Did they all ship separately? Or did they even sell it as kit?
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

    Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

    My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

    My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181
    Reply With Quote

  2. #32
    Registered User RGrizzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 220
    Rep Power: 772
    RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    RGrizzzz is offline
    Mine came today. I got it unpacked, moved to the basement and the frame assembled. I did it solo. A structural post is right next to where it's going, so I didn't need any extra hands. Need to get a stall mat under it before final assembly. Trying to let the stink off for an extra day or two in the driveway. I'm pretty happy with how nice it looks and surprised at how compact it is.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||
    Reply With Quote

  3. #33
    Registered User RGrizzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 220
    Rep Power: 772
    RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    RGrizzzz is offline
    I was finishing up assembly last night and ran into an odd issue. 5 of the plates have the sticker indent on the opposite side than the other 25. I called Inspire this am, and they were going to look into it. The guy I talked to also said I had the plates upside down. That seems a little odd, because the selector rod's plate has indents in it to align to the plate indents. I arrowed to them in this picture. Did you guys run into this plate issue? Which way did you orient the plates?

    UPDATE: Inspire is going to send me more plates, although it may take a few weeks.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by RGrizzzz; 01-20-2021 at 11:03 AM.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||
    Reply With Quote

  4. #34
    Registered User thedickus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 55
    Posts: 1,522
    Rep Power: 5503
    thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thedickus is offline
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I was finishing up assembly last night and ran into an odd issue. 5 of the plates have the sticker indent on the opposite side than the other 25. I called Inspire this am, and they were going to look into it. The guy I talked to also said I had the plates upside down. That seems a little odd, because the selector rod's plate has indents in it to align to the plate indents. I arrowed to them in this picture. Did you guys run into this plate issue? Which way did you orient the plates?

    UPDATE: Inspire is going to send me more plates, although it may take a few weeks.
    That sucks. When I got mine I swore they backwards, but I just lined up all the holes and the recessed area to stick the numbers and they fit perfectly. My plates each had a letter stamped onto them, either X or Y or maybe Z, I can't remember and can't see them now, but I think it was one of two letters. Do yours all have the same letters? I can't believe they would make some backwards since my understanding is all of Inspire's FTs use the same plate stack.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

    Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

    My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

    My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181
    Reply With Quote

  5. #35
    Registered User weisgarb's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2012
    Location: New Jersey, United States
    Age: 48
    Posts: 725
    Rep Power: 4367
    weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    weisgarb is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    That sucks. When I got mine I swore they backwards, but I just lined up all the holes and the recessed area to stick the numbers and they fit perfectly. My plates each had a letter stamped onto them, either X or Y or maybe Z, I can't remember and can't see them now, but I think it was one of two letters. Do yours all have the same letters? I can't believe they would make some backwards since my understanding is all of Inspire's FTs use the same plate stack.
    Their FT's do all use the same weight stacks. Last Tuesday I finally got my FT1 I ordered in late September. They called up Monday afternoon and said they could either deliver the following day or in 2 weeks.

    The problem I ran into is that some of the plates were slightly taller than others, and I managed to stack them in a configuration that made it so I couldn't insert the pin for plates 15-19 on one side. I took all the plates off, stacked them in piles of 5, and tried to figure out which ones were larger, then rearranged them so all stacks were the same height. I reassembled everything and fortunately that fixed the problem. I was annoyed I had to do it, particularly since I had to disassemble part of it to release the stack rods, and I had already put the plate stickers on and had to shift them all around.

    Everything is good now, though.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──
    Reply With Quote

  6. #36
    OG Duplicitous's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 1,150
    Rep Power: 3744
    Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Duplicitous is offline
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    Their FT's do all use the same weight stacks. Last Tuesday I finally got my FT1 I ordered in late September. They called up Monday afternoon and said they could either deliver the following day or in 2 weeks.

    The problem I ran into is that some of the plates were slightly taller than others, and I managed to stack them in a configuration that made it so I couldn't insert the pin for plates 15-19 on one side. I took all the plates off, stacked them in piles of 5, and tried to figure out which ones were larger, then rearranged them so all stacks were the same height. I reassembled everything and fortunately that fixed the problem. I was annoyed I had to do it, particularly since I had to disassemble part of it to release the stack rods, and I had already put the plate stickers on and had to shift them all around.

    Everything is good now, though.
    lol. That sounds like a Titanesque QC problem. For how absurdly cheap this unit is though, it seems worth a little hassle if you can work around it.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #37
    Registered User weisgarb's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2012
    Location: New Jersey, United States
    Age: 48
    Posts: 725
    Rep Power: 4367
    weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    weisgarb is offline
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    lol. That sounds like a Titanesque QC problem. For how absurdly cheap this unit is though, it seems worth a little hassle if you can work around it.
    I got the double-the-price FT1 with upgraded stacks, so it's a bit less forgivable. There weren't many reviews of the FTX last fall and I had tried out the FT1 a few years ago, so I went with that over the FTX. And while in retrospect it may have been a better choice to go with the FTX (half the price, would have gotten it in 1 week versus 15, slightly smaller footprint), it was nice to do chest-supported rows this Tuesday on it, and that's something I couldn't have done with a 165-lb stack.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──
    Reply With Quote

  8. #38
    Registered User RGrizzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 220
    Rep Power: 772
    RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    RGrizzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    I got the double-the-price FT1 with upgraded stacks, so it's a bit less forgivable. There weren't many reviews of the FTX last fall and I had tried out the FT1 a few years ago, so I went with that over the FTX. And while in retrospect it may have been a better choice to go with the FTX (half the price, would have gotten it in 1 week versus 15, slightly smaller footprint), it was nice to do chest-supported rows this Tuesday on it, and that's something I couldn't have done with a 165-lb stack.
    When I talked to the support rep, he mentioned that the plates need to have the spacers facing down, or you'd have problems with the selector pin. The FTX manual didn't mention that detail. I don't have any issues with my plates currently upside down, although I'll fix them when the new 5 plates come.

    Here's a rough pic of the footprint on the FTX. Some folks shared measurements, but this was what I was looking for.
    * Not drawn to scale.
    Attached Images
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||
    Reply With Quote

  9. #39
    Registered User alen129's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Age: 51
    Posts: 33
    Rep Power: 0
    alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    alen129 is offline
    Im limited with space and was thinking to get short lat low pulldown but now seeing this thinking to go with this instead. I'm only worried about maxing out weight fast. Shopping for short lat low pulldown in this price range and this. this seams like better value. Thanks for detailed pic of footprint rgrizzz
    Reply With Quote

  10. #40
    Registered User RGrizzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 220
    Rep Power: 772
    RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    RGrizzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by alen129 View Post
    Im limited with space and was thinking to get short lat low pulldown but now seeing this thinking to go with this instead. I'm only worried about maxing out weight fast. Shopping for short lat low pulldown in this price range and this. this seams like better value. Thanks for detailed pic of footprint rgrizzz
    I think you'd get more use out of the FT. I have a lat pulldown/mid row too.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||
    Reply With Quote

  11. #41
    Registered User irongrandpa's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Tornado, West Virginia, United States
    Age: 63
    Posts: 3,886
    Rep Power: 43121
    irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    irongrandpa is offline
    I have the FT1 with the upgraded weight stacks and while I'm very happy with it, I don't care for doing lat pulldowns on it with no leg hold down . I use the FT1 for something(or several things) every workout but kept my Bodymasters lat pull/mid row machine. I got my FT1 about two years ago used for $750 and it came with not only the weight stack upgrade but a complete set of TrakHandle attachments, I would recommend it to anyone.
    Sig line can't be a novel
    Reply With Quote

  12. #42
    Chihuahua in the rain Corbets's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2018
    Location: ZG, Switzerland
    Posts: 774
    Rep Power: 7800
    Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Corbets is offline
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    When I talked to the support rep, he mentioned that the plates need to have the spacers facing down, or you'd have problems with the selector pin. The FTX manual didn't mention that detail.
    I had forgotten, but I experienced that problem when I assembled my FT2. Ended up taking every plate back off and putting it back on, though I was glad to realize that didn‘t necessitate disassembling the whole damn thing!
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

    My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113
    Reply With Quote

  13. #43
    Registered User Mxchino's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 303
    Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mxchino is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I'm glad that's possible. Did they all ship separately? Or did they even sell it as kit?
    Well the cables and plates are OOS and not expected in until march. So they sent me what they had and luckily the selector rod is the important piece. I can get the plates anywhere once they’re readily available and could probably just have a custom cable made that is shorter 3-4 inches or so and that would work.

    I did check and make sure the new top plate/selector rod screwed into the pulley above the stack and it did.

    If any FT1 owners could measure their cable length that would be awesome
    Reply With Quote

  14. #44
    Registered User Mxchino's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 303
    Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mxchino is offline
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    When I talked to the support rep, he mentioned that the plates need to have the spacers facing down, or you'd have problems with the selector pin. The FTX manual didn't mention that detail. I don't have any issues with my plates currently upside down, although I'll fix them when the new 5 plates come.

    Here's a rough pic of the footprint on the FTX. Some folks shared measurements, but this was what I was looking for.
    * Not drawn to scale.
    Yep, i put my plates on upside down one side of my ftx. There is a spot in the manual where it says the the plates need to be facing towards the machine where the spot for the weight labels are. If you follow that to the T the plates go on upside down on one side. So i had to take it apart and redo it.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #45
    Registered User alen129's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Age: 51
    Posts: 33
    Rep Power: 0
    alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    alen129 is offline
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I have the FT1 with the upgraded weight stacks and while I'm very happy with it, I don't care for doing lat pulldowns on it with no leg hold down . I use the FT1 for something(or several things) every workout but kept my Bodymasters lat pull/mid row machine. I got my FT1 about two years ago used for $750 and it came with not only the weight stack upgrade but a complete set of TrakHandle attachments, I would recommend it to anyone.
    yeah ideal would be getting both but unfortunately only have space for one
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts