Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mxchino View Post
    Got my Inspire ft1 selector rods from inspire to upgrade the weight stack on my FTX. Now I just need the cables and plates.
    I'm glad that's possible. Did they all ship separately? Or did they even sell it as kit?
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mine came today. I got it unpacked, moved to the basement and the frame assembled. I did it solo. A structural post is right next to where it's going, so I didn't need any extra hands. Need to get a stall mat under it before final assembly. Trying to let the stink off for an extra day or two in the driveway. I'm pretty happy with how nice it looks and surprised at how compact it is.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was finishing up assembly last night and ran into an odd issue. 5 of the plates have the sticker indent on the opposite side than the other 25. I called Inspire this am, and they were going to look into it. The guy I talked to also said I had the plates upside down. That seems a little odd, because the selector rod's plate has indents in it to align to the plate indents. I arrowed to them in this picture. Did you guys run into this plate issue? Which way did you orient the plates?

UPDATE: Inspire is going to send me more plates, although it may take a few weeks.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by RGrizzzz; 01-20-2021 at 11:03 AM.

thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I was finishing up assembly last night and ran into an odd issue. 5 of the plates have the sticker indent on the opposite side than the other 25. I called Inspire this am, and they were going to look into it. The guy I talked to also said I had the plates upside down. That seems a little odd, because the selector rod's plate has indents in it to align to the plate indents. I arrowed to them in this picture. Did you guys run into this plate issue? Which way did you orient the plates?

UPDATE: Inspire is going to send me more plates, although it may take a few weeks.
    That sucks. When I got mine I swore they backwards, but I just lined up all the holes and the recessed area to stick the numbers and they fit perfectly. My plates each had a letter stamped onto them, either X or Y or maybe Z, I can't remember and can't see them now, but I think it was one of two letters. Do yours all have the same letters? I can't believe they would make some backwards since my understanding is all of Inspire's FTs use the same plate stack.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    That sucks. When I got mine I swore they backwards, but I just lined up all the holes and the recessed area to stick the numbers and they fit perfectly. My plates each had a letter stamped onto them, either X or Y or maybe Z, I can't remember and can't see them now, but I think it was one of two letters. Do yours all have the same letters? I can't believe they would make some backwards since my understanding is all of Inspire's FTs use the same plate stack.
    Their FT's do all use the same weight stacks. Last Tuesday I finally got my FT1 I ordered in late September. They called up Monday afternoon and said they could either deliver the following day or in 2 weeks.

The problem I ran into is that some of the plates were slightly taller than others, and I managed to stack them in a configuration that made it so I couldn't insert the pin for plates 15-19 on one side. I took all the plates off, stacked them in piles of 5, and tried to figure out which ones were larger, then rearranged them so all stacks were the same height. I reassembled everything and fortunately that fixed the problem. I was annoyed I had to do it, particularly since I had to disassemble part of it to release the stack rods, and I had already put the plate stickers on and had to shift them all around.

Everything is good now, though.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    Their FT's do all use the same weight stacks. Last Tuesday I finally got my FT1 I ordered in late September. They called up Monday afternoon and said they could either deliver the following day or in 2 weeks.

The problem I ran into is that some of the plates were slightly taller than others, and I managed to stack them in a configuration that made it so I couldn't insert the pin for plates 15-19 on one side. I took all the plates off, stacked them in piles of 5, and tried to figure out which ones were larger, then rearranged them so all stacks were the same height. I reassembled everything and fortunately that fixed the problem. I was annoyed I had to do it, particularly since I had to disassemble part of it to release the stack rods, and I had already put the plate stickers on and had to shift them all around.

Everything is good now, though.
    lol. That sounds like a Titanesque QC problem. For how absurdly cheap this unit is though, it seems worth a little hassle if you can work around it.

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    lol. That sounds like a Titanesque QC problem. For how absurdly cheap this unit is though, it seems worth a little hassle if you can work around it.
    I got the double-the-price FT1 with upgraded stacks, so it's a bit less forgivable. There weren't many reviews of the FTX last fall and I had tried out the FT1 a few years ago, so I went with that over the FTX. And while in retrospect it may have been a better choice to go with the FTX (half the price, would have gotten it in 1 week versus 15, slightly smaller footprint), it was nice to do chest-supported rows this Tuesday on it, and that's something I couldn't have done with a 165-lb stack.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    I got the double-the-price FT1 with upgraded stacks, so it's a bit less forgivable. There weren't many reviews of the FTX last fall and I had tried out the FT1 a few years ago, so I went with that over the FTX. And while in retrospect it may have been a better choice to go with the FTX (half the price, would have gotten it in 1 week versus 15, slightly smaller footprint), it was nice to do chest-supported rows this Tuesday on it, and that's something I couldn't have done with a 165-lb stack.
    When I talked to the support rep, he mentioned that the plates need to have the spacers facing down, or you'd have problems with the selector pin. The FTX manual didn't mention that detail. I don't have any issues with my plates currently upside down, although I'll fix them when the new 5 plates come.

Here's a rough pic of the footprint on the FTX. Some folks shared measurements, but this was what I was looking for.
    * Not drawn to scale.
    Attached Images

alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im limited with space and was thinking to get short lat low pulldown but now seeing this thinking to go with this instead. I'm only worried about maxing out weight fast. Shopping for short lat low pulldown in this price range and this. this seams like better value. Thanks for detailed pic of footprint rgrizzz

Originally Posted by alen129 View Post
    Im limited with space and was thinking to get short lat low pulldown but now seeing this thinking to go with this instead. I'm only worried about maxing out weight fast. Shopping for short lat low pulldown in this price range and this. this seams like better value. Thanks for detailed pic of footprint rgrizzz
    I think you'd get more use out of the FT. I have a lat pulldown/mid row too.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have the FT1 with the upgraded weight stacks and while I'm very happy with it, I don't care for doing lat pulldowns on it with no leg hold down . I use the FT1 for something(or several things) every workout but kept my Bodymasters lat pull/mid row machine. I got my FT1 about two years ago used for $750 and it came with not only the weight stack upgrade but a complete set of TrakHandle attachments, I would recommend it to anyone.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I talked to the support rep, he mentioned that the plates need to have the spacers facing down, or you'd have problems with the selector pin. The FTX manual didn't mention that detail.
    I had forgotten, but I experienced that problem when I assembled my FT2. Ended up taking every plate back off and putting it back on, though I was glad to realize that didn‘t necessitate disassembling the whole damn thing!
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I'm glad that's possible. Did they all ship separately? Or did they even sell it as kit?
    Well the cables and plates are OOS and not expected in until march. So they sent me what they had and luckily the selector rod is the important piece. I can get the plates anywhere once they’re readily available and could probably just have a custom cable made that is shorter 3-4 inches or so and that would work.

I did check and make sure the new top plate/selector rod screwed into the pulley above the stack and it did.

If any FT1 owners could measure their cable length that would be awesome

Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I talked to the support rep, he mentioned that the plates need to have the spacers facing down, or you'd have problems with the selector pin. The FTX manual didn't mention that detail. I don't have any issues with my plates currently upside down, although I'll fix them when the new 5 plates come.

Here's a rough pic of the footprint on the FTX. Some folks shared measurements, but this was what I was looking for.
    * Not drawn to scale.
    Yep, i put my plates on upside down one side of my ftx. There is a spot in the manual where it says the the plates need to be facing towards the machine where the spot for the weight labels are. If you follow that to the T the plates go on upside down on one side. So i had to take it apart and redo it.

alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I have the FT1 with the upgraded weight stacks and while I'm very happy with it, I don't care for doing lat pulldowns on it with no leg hold down . I use the FT1 for something(or several things) every workout but kept my Bodymasters lat pull/mid row machine. I got my FT1 about two years ago used for $750 and it came with not only the weight stack upgrade but a complete set of TrakHandle attachments, I would recommend it to anyone.
    yeah ideal would be getting both but unfortunately only have space for one