Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aspenextreme03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you and will price it out. Plan to buy by end of the year so not in a huge hurry.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    The top posts will be off the FT1. I don't know if the cables would be exactly the same or not. if you contact Inspire and let them know you want to upgrade the FTX weight stacks, they can put together an order for you.

You could go the GymPin (or similar) route instead. Just keep in mind the more weight you add and the further out from the center of gravity the weight is, the better the chance of the plates dragging on the guide rods. If you plan on adding a bunch of weight, I would use 2 pins per stack (1 on each side) evenly weighted. Lastly, I'll put in a plug for Joe D (he's a member here). He makes these pins. You can email him at djbdagostino at aol dot com

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    when I first saw this thread they were sold out at Costco.

Now back in stock for $1299, decided to pull the trigger.

I have a pulldown attachment on my titan rack, but it doesn't feel as good as weight stack cable machines I'm used to from commercial gyms. Hoping this has a more similar feel to those.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    when I first saw this thread they were sold out at Costco.

Now back in stock for $1299, decided to pull the trigger.

I have a pulldown attachment on my titan rack, but it doesn't feel as good as weight stack cable machines I'm used to from commercial gyms. Hoping this has a more similar feel to those.
    It does. The Inspire isn't up to Cybex Bravo standards, but it's easily the smoothest residential unit on the market.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    It does. The Inspire isn't up to Cybex Bravo standards, but it's easily the smoothest residential unit on the market.
    that's good to hear. Hard to pin down why, but the weight loaded cable pull attachment on my titan rack just feels a bit off. I don't mind it for pull down movements, but keep it pretty limited to that for the most part

stoked to have the ability to do cable crossovers again

also I workout before work, so I'm very time crunched. Just not having to physically switch plates out and saving a few extra minutes seems really worth it to me lol
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    that's good to hear. Hard to pin down why, but the weight loaded cable pull attachment on my titan rack just feels a bit off. I don't mind it for pull down movements, but keep it pretty limited to that for the most part

stoked to have the ability to do cable crossovers again

also I workout before work, so I'm very time crunched. Just not having to physically switch plates out and saving a few extra minutes seems really worth it to me lol
    I own the titan plate loaded cable attachment as well, and the FTX. The titan unit does feel heavier with the same weight, even though it's still smooth. I still prefer the titan for pull downs and rows, and it's superior when doing heavy cable work. The FTX is much better for high rep stuff, and much more versatile.

23Scoops is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Considering a functional trainer to add to the garage setup. Feedback on this machine has been really solid. For those of you using the machine, would you have any concerns with the cable travel length if you were really tall? I'm 6'5 and want to make sure it will still be a suitable setup for me.

Thanks!

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 23Scoops View Post
    Considering a functional trainer to add to the garage setup. Feedback on this machine has been really solid. For those of you using the machine, would you have any concerns with the cable travel length if you were really tall? I'm 6'5 and want to make sure it will still be a suitable setup for me.

Thanks!
    I just tested it out, from the lowest position, the weight stack will top out the machine when pulled out just under 8 feet.

23Scoops is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    I just tested it out, from the lowest position, the weight stack will top out the machine when pulled out just under 8 feet.
    Thank you for testing it out! Based on your experience, do you think this would suffice for me doing tricep pushdowns, or other high to low exercises (lats, etc) or would I need to be on the ground to get full reps?

thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm barely 6' and I sit on the ground to do pulldowns. The bench that comes with it is much shorter/low to the ground than normal (actually a decent useful bench when combined with the machine). I don't see any way you'd get full ROM on pulldowns without sitting on the floor. Even with pushdowns you may end up on your knees, the same with cable crossovers.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Look up Coach Kassem on IG, he has some really good lat pulldown variations you could do easily. One is a one armed version and another is a chest supported version with an incline bench. I do them with my functional trainer (not this one) and they work great.

RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000) RGrizzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 23Scoops View Post

Thanks!
    I'm 6'2", and the unit is great. I do kneel when I do triceps extensions, using a Prime Fitness spreader bar. It's long. I have a separate lat tower, but I occassionally use a bench to do single arm chest supported pull downs. I sold the bench it comes with, as I have a Rep AB-5000.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||