Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mike86er View Post
    This won’t just be a domestic thing. Take it to its next logical step. Why have someone in the US/UK etc in a cheaper area when you can have someone in India for even less?
    Because the education in India is complete chit. Talented Indian's will work for Indian companies not some guy in the U.S. You try to outsource your work to India = have fun losing money because of all the B.S. that's involved with dealing with Indian's. Same chit applies to outsourcing your work to Ukraine. Too many problems.

Luckily my job is to design the systems, not the actual implementation, but I feel sorry for the poor saps who are having to fix the problems caused by incompetent Indian's.

JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000) JimmyManley is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Absolutely true.

saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anybody that isn't part of the company's core product or service is a cost centre.

saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000) saltypits is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MuslimBrahSwag View Post
    Because the education in India is complete chit. Talented Indian's will work for Indian companies not some guy in the U.S. You try to outsource your work to India = have fun losing money because of all the B.S. that's involved with dealing with Indian's. Same chit applies to outsourcing your work to Ukraine. Too many problems.

Luckily my job is to design the systems, not the actual implementation, but I feel sorry for the poor saps who are having to fix the problems caused by incompetent Indian's.
    Indians are smart. They tier everything.

Oh, you want $8/hr coding? You have to tell us everything.

Oh, you want us to figure everything out? That's $150/hr.

NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000) NiceGuy901 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by atgbrahsrs View Post
    who think they are revenue generators.

Unless you are an investment banker, trader, or something for a fund, finance brahs who are in charge of some financial reporting almost accounting type roles are a cost function to do a necessary task.

I am a software engineer myself but lol at thinking you are MVP at companies that sell software. That's sales. Software means nothing without customers.

B-b-but I have a critical function at the company! Yeah, by that logic so does HR as businesses can't run without people.
    At the end of the day, everyone has their purpose. Yes good software is useless without anyone to sell it, but so is having sales people without anyone to build it. They're equally important IMO. I do think software devs (who have a business oriented mind) have an advantage though because you can always outsource sales, and learn how the sales pipeline works. Its not so easy the other way around. Usually relationships between sales people who have no idea how software systems are built trying to boss knowledgeable devs instead of working with them and listening to their input always ends up in disaster. Meanwhile devs can build their own software, hire a lead generation agency, learn the ins and outs, stand on their own two feet, and generate income.

Originally Posted by lockdev View Post
    Sr. Software Engineer checking in.

What software engineer says otherwise? I'm constantly reminded we're overhead. But we're overhead that saves the company a chit-ton through automation.

I don't think there's a single dev that thinks he generates income.

We're income preservers, not generators.
    If youre working for a corp, yes youre overhead. You will always be dispensable and overhead because its in the company's best financial interests to replace you if a cheaper, more viable alternative were to be found.

Originally Posted by Mike86er View Post
    This won’t just be a domestic thing. Take it to its next logical step. Why have someone in the US/UK etc in a cheaper area when you can have someone in India for even less?
    Lol youve apparently never outsourced software to India before. Ive had to scrap and rebuild the codebase of every client I've worked with who has outsourced their development to India. The level of ****ty code they generate is mind-boggling.

Originally Posted by MuslimBrahSwag View Post
    Senior engineer in that top 10% here. I basically used my company to get the necessary skills I need, now all I need is capital and I'm out of here. They've asked to bump me up $500,000 (srs) for me to not leave but I'm still going to leave lmao
    Yep, this is the way to do it. And its just common sense too. As long as youre working for a corp, theyre always using you to build their asset. And as soon as something that works better for them comes along, they drop you. Its simple business. Nothing personal. You'd almost be stupid not to want to to build your own asset for yourself.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Peacening View Post
    Read "Bullchit Jobs" by David Graeber he talked about this
    Engineers are usually no Bulls**t Jobs by his definition.
    SchleichDiDuOaschloch

How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Keep coping false software engineer. You are a finance major that has to cope.

Anyone can sell something if you use your brain, but retards like you can't learn how to program because your low IQ.

climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) climberbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Schnitzl View Post
    Investment banks & traders are completely unnecessary institutions. They literally provide nothing of actual value. Of course you could argue that the increased profits are value but they are literally gambling companies. They add nothing to the world and should be eliminated.
    Ok next time you want trade a block of 5bn of stock without cratering your company share value let me know how that works. Dropping a sale order on etrade for 5bn won't go over well.

Additionally, whenever you are in the position to buy a 35 bn dollar company, let me know how the rapage from the board of directors goes when you get completely shafted on a valuation and the m&a process because you decided investment banks provide zero value.

Originally Posted by lockdev View Post
    Sr. Software Engineer checking in.

What software engineer says otherwise? I'm constantly reminded we're overhead. But we're overhead that saves the company a chit-ton through automation.

I don't think there's a single dev that thinks he generates income.

We're income preservers, not generators.
    Just LOL at calling yourself a software engineer, and a senior one at that.

mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mvitz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    EVERYONE IS REPLACEABLE.

And that includes the CEO. Got news for everyone here that is white collar - H1Bs can replace ALL OF YOU.

Think I am kidding? In the beginning it was just the IT people. It has spread far beyond that now. I have seen them in finance, accounting, marketing, HR - pretty much EVERYTHING CORPORATE.

Why should companies hire fat entitled Americans when they can H1Bs for next to nothing when they can get an H1B for a lot less (sarcasm)?

As for those people that say H1Bs make the same as Americans. No they dont. Most H1Bs come to companies as hourly contractors and they get plowed.

Than for the piece de' resistance. These H1Bs have kids here, those kids are instant citizens. The H1Bs apply for green cards the second they set foot here. As soon as they get it they start bringing in their extended family. Isnt chain immigration great.

As people that say there is a shortage of Americans and they are the best and brightest - get a grip. Why do you think entire departments in companies have been laid off and replaced with them? COST.

You are a cost to be ELIMINATED.

Originally Posted by mvitz View Post
    EVERYONE IS REPLACEABLE.

And that includes the CEO. Got news for everyone here that is white collar - H1Bs can replace ALL OF YOU.

Think I am kidding? In the beginning it was just the IT people. It has spread far beyond that now. I have seen them in finance, accounting, marketing, HR - pretty much EVERYTHING CORPORATE.

Why should companies hire fat entitled Americans when they can H1Bs for next to nothing when they can get an H1B for a lot less (sarcasm)?

As for those people that say H1Bs make the same as Americans. No they dont. Most H1Bs come to companies as hourly contractors and they get plowed.

Than for the piece de' resistance. These H1Bs have kids here, those kids are instant citizens. The H1Bs apply for green cards the second they set foot here. As soon as they get it they start bringing in their extended family. Isnt chain immigration great.

As people that say there is a shortage of Americans and they are the best and brightest - get a grip. Why do you think entire departments in companies have been laid off and replaced with them? COST.

You are a cost to be ELIMINATED.
    Tis true, sadly.