chadkitz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

39 and just getting started

I am wondering specifically about competitions and progressing for Men's Physique. Is there a path to national and beyond through masters classes? What I seem to be finding is that to move from local to national and beyond you need to compete in an open class at a qualifier. Is that the case? I see in my local shows there are masters classes with few people in them. What is the point if you are competing against 1 or 2 others even entering? Finally, as a relatively new lifter and new to this sport is it even feasible to try and compete against people way younger? Lots of questions and not a lot of answers I can find out there.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chadkitz View Post
    ... is it even feasible to try and compete against people way younger?....
    There are age categories!!

I know about the categories. What I am saying is with the age categories it seems there are not that many competitors so not sure of the point of going into a over 35 class if there are only 3 total people and also if you cannot progress to nationals in that category.

ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chadkitz View Post
    I know about the categories. What I am saying is with the age categories it seems there are not that many competitors so not sure of the point of going into a over 35 class if there are only 3 total people and also if you cannot progress to nationals in that category.
    Do it for your own reasons, not for some extrinsic reason. Any outside goal that you have might get taken away or cancelled, so you need the internal satisfaction of improving your physique, health, strength, mood, etc. in the first place.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevieHertz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But like have you already done some bodybuilding or do you think about going directly into competitions? What is your status in regards to your physique?

Originally Posted by StevieHertz View Post
    But like have you already done some bodybuilding or do you think about going directly into competitions? What is your status in regards to your physique?
    Probably a year minimum away. Haven't competed ever.