Booboobooboo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Weak hands/Fingers

Hello, new to these forums so I’m not sure where to post this; I thought this place would be OK. My question is, what can I do to strengthen my hands/fingers? When doing exercises such as the lat pulldown, deadlifts, shrugs (mainly pull exercises), my fingers/hands are why I have to stop.

A few others thing about me:
    -Have been lifting on and off for 2 years
    -Started very weak and was pretty overweight (90lb 1RM @250lbs on the bench)
    -Did no physical activity throughout HS
    -TFCC tear
    -Dislocated both shoulders prior to lifting

I don’t know if any of that information is needed, but I’ll include it anyway. I’ve progressed slowly ( lost a lot of weight and got stronger ) over time and I feel like my hands/fingers are slowing things down. Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is a TFCC tear serious? Is there like a general medical recommendation?

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have a current TFCC tear, get healed first.

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I’m not sure how that injury will affect you, but here are some exercises I do to my strength grip and grow the forearms:
    Farmer’s Carry
    Hercules Hold
    Plate Pinches
    Barbell Holds
    Reverse Curls
    Wrist Rollers
    Dead Hangs
    Sledgehammer Forearm Training Front/Back (google it; ATHLEANX has it in his forearm workout video)

ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd recommend doing deadlifts or romanian deadlifts. Hold at the top. You should gradually build up strength.

Last week I was messing around with some forearm/grip stuff and was holding 15lb. rubber coated dumbells by the ends just standing there. The next few days I felt it in places I never knew I had muscle lol.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for fingers strength, there were a few old time exercises that I remember from late 70’s of last century. One was involving sand in a bucket, where you have to punch your fingers into it and grab a fistful of sand. The other one was getting a length of aluminum wire and bending some wire art out of it with your fingers. I am sure none of you ever heard anything like that, like I said this is very “old school”, probably inherited from Japanese martial arts or something like that.

GB415 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    @Brandon2576 Thanks for sharing the exercises for improving grip strength. I also had an injury and had to have reconstructive surgery of my elbow and left arm, which was already weaker. I have made a lot of progress and can attest to Farmer's Carry with Kettlebells helped tremendously. Also helped to straighten my arm. It is still a bit crooked, something I have to live with.

dandogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by generalserpant View Post
    is a tfcc tear serious? Is there like a general medical recommendation?
    tfcc???

Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    for fingers strength, there were a few old time exercises that I remember from late 70’s of last century. One was involving sand in a bucket, where you have to punch your fingers into it and grab a fistful of sand. The other one was getting a length of aluminum wire and bending some wire art out of it with your fingers. I am sure none of you ever heard anything like that, like I said this is very “old school”, probably inherited from Japanese martial arts or something like that.
    Didn't they punch trees and **** as well?

Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    I'd recommend doing deadlifts or romanian deadlifts. Hold at the top. You should gradually build up strength.

Last week I was messing around with some forearm/grip stuff and was holding 15lb. rubber coated dumbells by the ends just standing there. The next few days I felt it in places I never knew I had muscle lol.
    Deadlifts usually tend to slip

Originally Posted by Brandon2576 View Post
    I’m not sure how that injury will affect you, but here are some exercises I do to my strength grip and grow the forearms:
    Farmer’s Carry
    Hercules Hold
    Plate Pinches
    Barbell Holds
    Reverse Curls
    Wrist Rollers
    Dead Hangs
    Sledgehammer Forearm Training Front/Back (google it; ATHLEANX has it in his forearm workout video)
    Will def try those

Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    Didn't they punch trees as well???

Originally Posted by Booboobooboo View Post
    Hello, new to these forums so I’m not sure where to post this; I thought this place would be OK. My question is, what can I do to strengthen my hands/fingers? When doing exercises such as the lat pulldown, deadlifts, shrugs (mainly pull exercises), my fingers/hands are why I have to stop.

A few others thing about me:
    -Have been lifting on and off for 2 years
    -Started very weak and was pretty overweight (90lb 1RM @250lbs on the bench)
    -Did no physical activity throughout HS
    -TFCC tear
    -Dislocated both shoulders prior to lifting

I don’t know if any of that information is needed, but I’ll include it anyway. I’ve progressed slowly ( lost a lot of weight and got stronger ) over time and I feel like my hands/fingers are slowing things down. Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
    I use gloves and lifting straps, It is said to be cheating... but its the only way for me to do TBar rows, Deadlifts and a couple other lifts