Cassed98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gym lockdown motivation

I reall need help rn. My gym has been on lockdown since around November 1st. As I wasn’t able to go to the gym and I sure as hell couldn’t do a equipment free home workout, because for me they were really boring.
    As I didn’t workout anymore, I stopped with my strict nutrition. The gyms won’t open till January 10th, but they will prolly extend the closure...
    I need help to motivate myself. I don’t have the Space for any equipment like benches or squatrackes as my room is too small for that. And I really don’t like bodyweight workouts as they just bore me.. Can someone please help me..

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know it’s difficult but ultimately motivation has to come from within. I think a lot of people right now, whether they are going to the gym or not are feeling a lot of mixed emotions with everything going on. We just have to stay strong and get through it.

I know you said you don’t have room for benches and racks and stuff, what about a single home gym unit that has multiple exercise options?
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

Cassed98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    What about a single home gym unit that has multiple exercise options?
    Any suggestions? I can’t be to big stationary and storable if possible.
    Thanks in advance

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cassed98 View Post
    Any suggestions? I can’t be to big stationary and storable if possible.
    Thanks in advance
    The first thing that comes to mind is home gym machines by Bowflex. They’re not too big I believe.

Maybe try searching on Amazon.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I haven't trained during the periods the gym has closed for lockdown. I just accept periodically having a few weeks off and I'll have to drop the weight back down each time I restart. With vaccines now being distributed, it will not be too much longer before we come out of this, and once we do, I'll have plenty of time to train consistently and with progression to build strength.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When I was a teenager, I had no access to a gym or free weights. But I did "Dog Lifts".

What's a Dog Lift? I would cradle my 80 pound German Shepard and lift him up from the ground. Sort of like a squat/dead lift combination. I would do these until I got tired. Depending on where you live in the world, you can lift a dog, goat, pig, calf, kangaroo or dik dik.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Surely you have room for 2 adjustable dumbbells and a doorway for a pull-up bar? A weight vest or simply a backpack?

Weighted push ups with handles
    Standing shoulder press with DBs
    DB rows
    Weighted pull-ups
    DB squats, RDLs, etc. etc.

If you want it enough you’ll figure it out.

socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It’s simple either you want it bad enough or you don’t. Guys in prison still get swole with no weights or good nutrition

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by socalivin View Post
    It’s simple either you want it bad enough or you don’t. Guys in prison still get swole with no weights or good nutrition
    How do they do that? I know they have enough time to do body workouts. Enough time to sleep. But I doubt if they get more than 50 grams of protein a day. Do they trade protection or carbs for protein with other prisoners?

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I reall need help rn. My gym has been on lockdown since around November 1st. As I wasn’t able to go to the gym and I sure as hell couldn’t do a equipment free home workout, because for me they were really boring.
    As I didn’t workout anymore, I stopped with my strict nutrition. The gyms won’t open till January 10th, but they will prolly extend the closure...
    I need help to motivate myself. I don’t have the Space for any equipment like benches or squatrackes as my room is too small for that. And I really don’t like bodyweight workouts as they just bore me.. Can someone please help me..
    If you can’t find the motivation yourself, I’m not sure how any of us are supposed to help you.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    How do they do that? I know they have enough time to do body workouts. Enough time to sleep. But I doubt if they get more than 50 grams of protein a day. Do they trade protection or carbs for protein with other prisoners?
    Something about living in fear that helps with all that.

KingKakarot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Buy dumbbells and a pull up bar. There are so many options, such as those pullup/dip stations that don't take up much space at all. If you can do pull ups, dips, pushups and squats, all you have to do is find a way to add resistance. There are weighted vest and sand bags you can buy. You can also shove a bunch of stuff in a backpack and wear that while you do pull ups, squats, dips, etc. get creative.

I've been where you are many times when I couldn't afford a gym and had to move and sell my home equipment. I've been on and off for over a decade, trust me I know how lame it feels to be stuck with bodyweight stuff. Find a way to make it work if you really want to make gains and improve your strength/physique.

Look in the stickies for the Fierce 5. There is a variation of that program in the thread that just uses dumb bells.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look in the stickies for the Fierce 5. There is a variation of that program in the thread that just uses dumb bells.
    Paul, what in the cinnamon toast fukk is a “dik dik”?

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Many prisons have a commissary where you can buy extra food. Peanut butter, tuna packets, and processed meats are popular when you can get them.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you can't motivate yourself, nobody else can do it for you. It's all on you. Put on your big boy pants and do something about it.

Military members deployed overseas have way worse conditions than you do right now in many cases. They can't afford to slack off and be weak because that means either they or their teammate dies. That's why you get hard dudes like this. He's not feeling sorry for himself and making excuses, he's just putting in work.

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Paul, what in the cinnamon toast fukk is a “dik dik”?

A dik-dik is the name for any of four species of small antelope in the genus Madoqua that live in the bushlands of eastern and southern Africa. I suppose you can get some cardio by trying to catch one.

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I’ve had times when I’ve been really dismotivated and didn’t want to workout. I just remember my goals and repeat the saying to myself “dedication over motivation.”

A dik-dik is the name for any of four species of small antelope in the genus Madoqua that live in the bushlands of eastern and southern Africa. I suppose you can get some cardio by trying to catch one.
    It’s so damn adorable.

My wife now wants one. Thanks.

It’s so damn adorable.

My wife now wants one. Thanks.
    It has a catchy name too. "Hey Eric, want to see my dik-dik?"

no homo, srs.

It has a catchy name too. "Hey Eric, want to see my dik-dik?"

no homo, srs.
    When I called her over I said “come look at this dik dik” and she says “I see it everyday”

Well played, woman, well played.

She also said she’s gonna slap me if I keep saying dik dik.

My wife now wants one..
    Get two. Then you can call out loudly in your yard "dik-dik, dik-dik."