anonymous

Talking losing 100lb in 4-5 months

hi im z3mp0 im 294lb and 5'9 and i want to lose 100lb in a short time, most will ask why i want to lose that much specificity to feel better, i want to build muscle while losing if that's possible, i used to do track before i gained weight so my legs are very strong, i used to lift dumbbells 10x a day but i stopped. Any advice helps...i know my typing is wonky and i apologize for that.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    two pieces of advice:

- you can't lose 100 pounds in 4-5 months, maybe double that time if not a full year
    - lifting dumbbells 10x a day sounds very vague and counterproductive, you should do an actual program or at least structure your training more

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah thats far to fast, and if you did lose it that fast you would be at such a calorific deficit you would be losing a lot of muscle too.

Half of that number, say 50 lbs in 4/5 months is much more realistic.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    In your position it will take around a year to lose the weight if you do everything right. With an aggressive calorie deficit don’t expect to build any muscle especially if you aren’t knowledgeable on proper training. Read the stickies at the top of the forum for a good understanding of things
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by z3mp0 View Post
    hi im z3mp0 im 294lb and 5'9 and i want to lose 100lb in a short time, most will ask why i want to lose that much specificity to feel better, i want to build muscle while losing if that's possible, i used to do track before i gained weight so my legs are very strong, i used to lift dumbbells 10x a day but i stopped. Any advice helps...i know my typing is wonky and i apologize for that.
    This in my opinion is unrealistic and puts you at risk to rebound, binge, burn through your muscle. You can lose more weight initially, in particular visceral fat (which I couldn’t even see but made it so I could tie my shoes again.). Take your time use tools like a calorie tracker to help you. Build yourself in a break after a few months in which you eat at maintenance so you don’t burn yourself and learn how you will eat when you are dieting. Also you want to be careful that you don’t diet to hard and start losing LBM which will eat away at your BMR

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Trying to lose weight that fast is unhealthy.

It took you years to get that fat, realistically it will take you 1-2 years to lose it.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can do it. Sure. I wouldnt recommend it. You'll just end up smaller with a bunch of loose skin with no muscle. Especially if you don't train with an actual program or have any plan in the gym. At that weight and wanting to lose that much weight, don't leave it to chance. I did, I didnt even lift. Trust me, I wish I took the time and lost it slower and had a workout plan. Sure, the number dropped but I looked like garbage.

Ive done it. Trust me. DONT
    Would risk it all for Alona Tal crew. 15/10

Carly Rae Jepsen personal 11/10

“Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude. He's trying to help you out.”

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No need to rehash the responses above.

i used to do track before i gained weight so my legs are very strong
    We hear this a lot.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i used to do track before i gained weight so my legs are very strong,
    Yea... no. Were you in "in shape" when you ran track? Why aren't you "in shape" now? Because time passed without exercising/fitness and getting fat. For this same reason your legs are not "strong" from something you did years/decades(?) ago.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everything that needs to be said has already been captured above, but here's the stickies you need to get started:

Dont Look Past the Basics: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

TDEE & Calorie/Macro Targets: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Fierce 5 Program: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went from 230-170 in 6 ish months.

So let’s say you ‘only’ lost 50-60lbs... will you be unhappy? Of course not, you’ll feel like a new man. Starting eating right and losing, then reevaluate your goals.

Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To be honest, I don't think it's possible to lose 100 pounds in 5 months. However, I know from personal experience it's possible to lose 54 pounds in ~ 4 months. I did keto and the fat melts right off. I walked for exercise (I didn't lift weights) and I didn't drink any alcohol. I ate sausages, ground beef, and low carb veggies, bulletproof coffee. It works. Message me if you have any questions.

Good luck on your journey!
    Keto + caloric deficit + intermittent fasting= best diet for rapid weight loss

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by northwestmuscle View Post
    To be honest, I don't think it's possible to lose 100 pounds in 5 months. However, I know from personal experience it's possible to lose 54 pounds in ~ 4 months. I did keto and the fat melts right off. I walked for exercise (I didn't lift weights) and I didn't drink any alcohol. I ate sausages, ground beef, and low carb veggies, bulletproof coffee. It works. Message me if you have any questions.

Good luck on your journey!
    you lost the weight due to lower calories not because of KETO

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Artesd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    you lost the weight due to lower calories not because of KETO
    The is objectively true, but for many people including myself, keto makes calorie control easier.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Artesd View Post
    The is objectively true, but for many people including myself, keto makes calorie control easier.
    That's true but I think we can relax the constraint to be technically in ketosis because I think that discourages people from eating good foods that contain small amounts of carb (vegetables mostly). Low carb instead of no carb should have the same effect on appetite and you'll get a better range of micros.

Originally Posted by Artesd View Post
    eliminating a whole macro is never a good idea as at some point 99% of people on KETO go back to carbs after losing the weight and then the weight goes back on.

The key is to use an eating plan to lose the weight that you can maintain post weight loss. The calories you end up with at the end of your weight loss period will be close to your new maintenance and people have this notion that they can go back to their previous eating habits once the weight is off

Artesd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    eliminating a whole macro is never a good idea as at some point 99% of people on KETO go back to carbs after losing the weight and then the weight goes back on.

The key is to use an eating plan to lose the weight that you can maintain post weight loss. The calories you end up with at the end of your weight loss period will be close to your new maintenance and people have this notion that they can go back to their previous eating habits once the weight is off
    I agree 100%. Even on keto I eat more healthy vegetables than I ever did on a "balanced" but bad diet. Sustainability is the key. No magic potion is going to enable someone to go from strict keto to eating french fries and ice cream every day and not regain the weight, unless that is compensated for with huge levels of calorie burn through activity (very difficult to do).

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i want to lose 100lb in a short time

i want to lose that much specificity to feel better

i want to build muscle while losing if that's possible
    These goals are not compatible.

You won't FEEL good losing weight that fast, life will suck.
    The power of carbs compels me!