Registered User Saiyan300Warior's Avatar
    Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool Why does fried egg calories = 90?

So a raw egg from a 700g carton has 74 calories, 80 something when boiled but remains same when poached. Why all these different numbers? Also fried egg is said to be 90 calories. Specific question is why is it 90 calories, does that include oil, what about frying eggs with no oil?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    probably oil

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you don't add oil, there is no reason why the calorie count should increase.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It may surprise you but each egg in that carton will have different amount of calories and the amounts don't likely round up to whole numbers.

Just like tdee and bf% calculators, the numbers are close enough to where the errors should not greatly matter if you understand what you're doing.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is why I like to weigh everything raw whenever possible, one less variable to worry about lol
    Brazilian Crew |<o>|
    IIFYM Crew
    Username is an Acronym Crew

What's Important Now?

FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've heard that the bioavailability of the nutrients in eggs varies with how the eggs are consumed.

For example, the following article (with citations) talks about how the body can absorb more protein from eggs when cooked vs raw.

https://lifesum.com/blog/whats-the-d...ting-raw-eggs/

I'm thinking that it may cause the discrepancy in the calorie count. Either that or your examples are considering different sized eggs.
    Calls 'em like I sees 'em Crew
    Suomalainen Crew
    Feels like a manlet around Amazonian women Crew
    Gets turned on when looking in the mirror Crew

cellalpha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Though high in cholesterol, eggs don't appear to increase heart disease risk in most people. Hard-boiled eggs are prepared without additional oil or butter, so they're lower in calories and fat than fried eggs. They may just be one of the easiest and most nutritious additions to your diet.

tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Saiyan300Warior View Post
    Also fried egg is said to be 90 calories. Specific question is why is it 90 calories, does that include oil, what about frying eggs with no oil?
    Definitely oil. You have to use either oil or butter to fry an egg. Otherwise it is not a fried egg. Most people use too much oil though. Fried eggs are close to 200 calories because of that.