Registered User Saiyan300Warior's Avatar
    Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation Keep failing diet, too hungry?

What are ways to make you feel less hungrly? Is it possible to go on a calorie deficit diet (500c deficit) and feel full everyday. Maybe I'm just weak minded.

Current weight: 145kg, 5'10

JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Saiyan300Warior View Post
    What are ways to make you feel less hungrly? Is it possible to go on a calorie deficit diet (500c deficit) and feel full everyday. Maybe I'm just weak minded.

You have a lot of weight to lose and you will feel some hunger while losing it. It is normal to feel some hunger. Of course your food choices can have some effect on this. Eating less calorie dense foods can help.
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173521121

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

It may be possible to "experiment" a bit to try to find a sustainable calorie deficit. Try eating at 2200 calories a day for a week, but eat nothing but whole, filling food (stay away from food with a lot of sugar). Drink enough water. At your size the weight loss should then be very fast. If you feel too hungry to tolerate that low calorie level, increase to 2300 calories a day the next week. Then try 2400. Continue this process until the hunger feels less prominent. You should find a calorie level that is still well below your maintenance where the hunger doesn't bother you too much. When you get to that point, stick to that deficit.

It may also be that some of what you currently experience as "hunger" is more a "desire to eat". There's a difference, but it takes some time to learn that. I suggest sticking with the "hunger" for a while. Over time it may start to feel less like hunger and more like a feeling of "I am not really hungry, but I could eat".

W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000)
    I find veggies really help keep me satiated throughout the day, broccoli being a personal favorite, they have a lot of fiber and have low calorie density.

You said you're on a 500kcal deficit, are you sure? How many calories are you eating?
    Brazilian Crew |<o>|
    IIFYM Crew
    Username is an Acronym Crew

What's Important Now?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    drink a lot of water/coffee/soda and eat filling foods (google: voluminous foods)

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How many calories a day are you trying to eat? Give us an example of a day's worth on food/meals. Are you HUNGRY or bored?

tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What are ways to make you feel less hungrly?
    I have personally lost about 60lbs (~30kg) since January this year. Started at 240lbs (~110kg). I feel your struggle. The thing is you have to stay hungry the entire time you're in a diet. There really is no getting around it. However, there are ways to figure it out. Not everyone's method will work for everyone else. You gotta find what works for you. I can tell you some stuff that worked for me ---

I suggest you do not start at a 500 calorie deficit. Start at a 100 calorie deficit. Do that for about 2 weeks, then reduce it another 100 calories. Keep gradually reducing the deficit every 2 weeks. Your body will get kinda tricked into thinking you're not as hungry. Don't go deeper than 500 calories deficit. I made a huge mistake by cutting down to 1200 calories. At that timeI was about 200lbs and 5'8". I lost a lot of strength. It was during that cut that I decided to start strength training to get my muscle back.

Drink water. Lots and lots and lots of water. If you're feeling hungry and it isn't meal time a glass or two of water will hold you over for about 30-60 minutes. This works for me. I also schedule my meal times. I eat 5 meals throughout the day now. No more than around 300-350 calories. I am not big on breakfast so I skip it, but I eat a meal later in the evening. If I didn't eat the late night meal I would binge. My schedule is 10am, 1pm, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm.

Also, you gotta figure out what foods work for you. If you eat 300 calories of cookies you are going to still be hungry. If you eat 3 eggs, cheese and a spinach herb tortilla for 300 calories you won't be hungry. Some foods are high calorie and leave you still hungry afterwards. Avoid those foods at all costs. Reduce red meat too. That stuff has so many calories in it. I didn't realize it until I started calorie counting. I have a steak maybe once a month now, but I have to plan my entire day around it.

Another mistake I've made during my diet is rewarding myself with a cheat meal. When I'd hit a milestone of weight loss I gave myself a cheat meal of whatever and however much I wanted. (cheat meal does not equal a cheat day). Anyway, it would take me like a week to go back to the weight I was at after that cheat meal. I was quickly undoing all my hard work. I still do cheat meals, but don't use food as a reward. I am also cautious about my cheat meals. For example, I love Mexican food. My cheat meal is almost always Mexican food. I keep the chips and salsa at a minimum. I only let myself have around 20 chips. I get corn tortillas instead of flour. I try to order only chicken or fish as taco filling. You can still do a cheat meal once in a while (maybe once a week or 2 weeks), just be smart about it so you don't **** yourself.

This is what I've noticed is the hardest for everyone: when you binge do not continue to binge. Most people binge and then continue and give up. If you mess up and have a binge it isn't the end of the world. Move on from it. I screwed up the other night and ate like 600 calories of candy. I get a killer sweet tooth sometimes. It happened, I got over it. The rest of my week was spot on between 1650 and 1750 calories. 600 calories (which equates to 100 over my maintenance) during the course of a week isn't that bad. I still had an average of a 2900 calorie deficit for that week.

Learn to accept plateaus. They happen. You might go 3 months without seeing any weight loss on the scale. For me I don't usually go beyond 2 months without weight loss, and if I do go that long it's probably my own fault. I've averaged maintenance during that time. I've noticed that during legit plateaus, though, my body is changing. I can't see it on the scale, but I can see the changes in the mirror. The biggest benefit for me is that I have had the foresight to take before pics and progress pics. It is amazingly motivational to look at my pics. I take them every 8 weeks.

Last thing -- Every 5kg or 10lbs of weight loss you need to reassess your calorie needs. They go down. You need to redo your tdee and reduce how much you're eating every time you break that 10lbs marker.

Hope this helps. Losing weight is hard. It's 90% will power. You have to accept that you will be hungry. Try some techniques to mitigate that hunger and keep at it no matter what. Giving up is what stops your weight loss.
    Last edited by tjcashmoney; 12-15-2020 at 08:24 AM.

dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dexter249 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have lost about 55 lbs now. I think some level of hunger can be present and of course everyone responds different. I agree that eating less calorie dense foods can be really helpful for instance a carton of strawberrys or a lb only has 144 calories. Also I try to prioritize lean protein sources as these tend to be filing for me as well. It might be helpful if every so many weeks you take a diet break and eat at maintenance give your body a break and help stay mentally focused. Good luck

KatFat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If there's one thing that all diets have in common, it's that they're destined to fail. One of the biggest reasons for that failure is deprivation. When your body doesn't get the nutrients and nourishment, it needs. When you cut out entire food groups or deny yourself even moderate amounts of what you enjoy most—you'll be much more likely to go off the rails.
    Adequate protein intake helps to stimulate the secretion of hormones that promote satiety. Consider speaking with a nutritionist or your doctor to understand your personal protein needs based on various factors.
    Never forget fiber. Although fiber's role in regulating weight gain and fullness is still under investigation, Hand notes that research indicates that a greater fiber intake appears to reduce appetite, decrease calorie intake and help to achieve healthier body weight.

Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saiyan300Warior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Much appreciated information guys with great points by KatFat to finish it off!

Thinking of binging on tacobell today as I just got paid and I feel like getting laid with food all up in my mouth and feelin like a G, 123 mouth wide open got a nikka hopen wish a nikka would so I could show you what's good babeh babeh

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Much appreciated information guys with great points by KatFat to finish it off!

Thinking of binging on tacobell today as I just got paid and I feel like getting laid with food all up in my mouth and feelin like a G, 123 mouth wide open got a nikka hopen wish a nikka would so I could show you what's good babeh babeh
    Rather than doing that, why not buy the ingredients to make your own lower calorie tacos (low fat cheese, low fat sour cream, extra lean beef or turkey)?

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    Rather than doing that, why not buy the ingredients to make your own lower calorie tacos (low fat cheese, low fat sour cream, extra lean beef or turkey)?
    I'm just kidding bro but Ty for advice, maybe I will in the future...

peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) peeterdeeter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Food tips while cutting:

Drink a lot of water. Crystal light/Mio. Fills stomach. Turns off hunger hormones. Flavoring tricks you into thinking you’re getting sugar and makes you happy boy.

Coffee and green tea. Stimulant stimulates you, your brain, body, fat loss, and limits appetite. Don’t let it affect sleep. Don’t overdo it. 1-2 cups before noon that’s it.

Sugar free gum. Turns off hunger hormones and triggers that make you want to eat.

Large volume salad with protein(not cooked in oil) and low cal dressing. Fills stomach like water. Gets some micro nutrients and protein with little added calories.

Various low cal veggies - same idea as salad. Best bodybuilder I knew would make veggie salads for lunch while cutting and have a Tupperware of plain grilled tilapia or chicken with hot sauce and a Tupperware of veggies like cucumbers, zucchini, and other stuff with vinegar on it. Filling and only calories really coming from the tilapia.

Sugar free jello. 40 cals of gelatin for massive dessert.

Unflavored popcorn. 100 cals of fiber mostly for massive snack.

Sliced deli turkey meat no additives. All protein snack.

Oats and water and protein powder with low cal milk like almond milk. Complex carbs for keeping glycogen topped up nothing more, add some protein and almond milk is like 1/4 as calorie dense as milk milk.

PB2 peanut butter powder add to oats or shakes. 3/4 the flavor and 1/4 the cals of peanut butter.

Protein shakes just low cal milk like almond milk, water, protein powder, PB2. Protein snack very little else added.

Low carb protein bars; eat half at a time and wait 30-60 minutes for other half. Satiating treat. May make you **** your pants if you aren’t used to sugar alcohols. 1-2 per day no more.

Other tips:

Wait 30 minutes when hungry. Often the hormone surge causing appetite will subside and you can wait until next wave.

Get temporarily active when hungry. Do some jacks or jump rope or a half or full workout. Same idea, your body and mind get past that hunger surge and it postponed until later.

Don’t ever binge. If you are famished, eat a normal snack of some kind and then wait 30-60 minutes and then eat a full meal.

Keep carbs low and controlled - good rule is just enough carbs to workout and not much more. Every few days of dragging ass a carb refeed is alright but nothing crazy. Rely on high protein diet and gluconeogenisis to provide adequate fuel.

Drink water before meals to fill half of your stomach. Eat slowly. Good luck
    /Sleep Standing Up Crew\
    <Racist Dreams Crew>
    *Reverse My Boxers Crew*
    :: Can Still Dunk Crew ::