Kiko0824 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy 330lb guy giving up

So i'll start this off my name is Curtis. I'm a happily married but I'm disappointed with myself. I've been trying too loose my weight but nothing seems too work. I miss doing activities that were very physical. I just had a son born on august 24 this year. I want too be in the best shape possible for him and my family but I'm starting too loose hope because nothing seems too work. I've heard that this is a good community too try too seek help. I'm asking for help from anybody. Please I am %100 motivated too reach my goal.

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kiko0824 View Post
    So i'll start this off my name is Curtis. I'm a happily married but I'm disappointed with myself. I've been trying too loose my weight but nothing seems too work. I miss doing activities that were very physical. I just had a son born on august 24 this year. I want too be in the best shape possible for him and my family but I'm starting too loose hope because nothing seems too work. I've heard that this is a good community too try too seek help. I'm asking for help from anybody. Please I am %100 motivated too reach my goal.
    Hi Curt. What have you been doing so far to try and lose weight? I understand the importance of wanting to be better, healthier you for your family. It will take hard work, dedication, and some great willpower but you can do it buddy.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    losing weight is 90% diet (or more) the main thing is to sort out your eating and how many calories you can have per day and you will lose weight quickly

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congratulations on your son!

You should start counting calories. Buy a food scale and start weighing everything you eat. Start by just cutting down on "comfort food" such as juice, soda with sugar, candy, etc. Try to get an idea of your maintenance calories so that you can start planning your weight loss and have control over it. Then decide on how much to lose each week - a rule of thumb is that you need to eat about 500 calories below your maintenance level every day in order to lose 1 pound each week, about 1000 calories less a day to lose 2 pounds a week and so on. Weigh yourself daily and track your weight over time. It will fluctuate on a daily basis but you should see a trend downwards over time. I would aim at losing about 3 lbs each week if I were you as there are major health benefits of losing fat at your size, but maybe the best advice is to try to lose as much as you feel you can sustain for a long time as you will have to lose weight for a long time in order to get down to a healthy size.

You should also start doing some resistance training so that the weight you lose will be mostly fat.

I was about 230 lbs in March this year and I am now about 177 lbs, following the stickies on this forum. You can turn this around, it will take time but if you stay consistent you will lose weight. Best of luck!

Originally Posted by Zschnack87 View Post
    Hi Curt. What have you been doing so far to try and lose weight? I understand the importance of wanting to be better, healthier you for your family. It will take hard work, dedication, and some great willpower but you can do it buddy.
    I have trying whole foods. I havent been very active lately. I just don't know where too start.

thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) thetabbyanne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't take this personal but nothing hear mentioned your diet. You can't out train or out exercise a bad diet man,

JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have trying whole foods. I havent been very active lately. I just don't know where too start.
    Start by reading this thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261 and the links posted in it.
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173521121

Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can promise you giving up won't help. It will be tough but I promise you can reach your goals.
    *Proud member of the misc 767*
    *Proud member of the USA vs. Germany world cup ban thread
    -In a constant battle against the law of accommodation
    -Potentiation incorporated into every workout
    -The iron is better than any drug or drink
    -Level 5 google reviewer srs
    -People who say money can't buy happiness, have never paid the adoption fee at the pound and went home with a new best friend
    *There's no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad dog owner

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thetabbyanne View Post
    Don't take this personal but nothing hear mentioned your diet. You can't out train or out exercise a bad diet man,
    was going to say this as well

OP, you need to have a rough idea of how many calories you're eating. whole foods don't help if you end up eating like 4k calories per day and your maintenance is (hypothetically) around 4k too

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The hard truth is that you can't say nothing seems to work when you haven't done anything yet.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, you're adopting a defeatist attitude when it doesn't even sound like you've approached weight loss with any real structured intent...

You need to at least get an idea of your calorie needs, and get yourself into an energy deficit while keeping protein adequate and (hopefully) doing strength training too.

Heck, I would bet if all you did was consume 4 meals a day consisting of 500 calories each while walking a few miles a day, you'd lose 2lb in a week easily...
    The power of carbs compels me!

This all really good feedback from a lot of you guys. Its helping me figure out a good starting point. I know some of the feedback is blunt but it's what I needed too hear. What is a good consistent workout plan. I love hiking trails for sure but I need a good plan for when I'm at home. You guys are awesome, Wish I would've reached out sooner.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I strongly recommend you get your nutrition squared away, someone else said it’s 90% of the battle, but it’s actually 100%, because you can’t out-train or out-exercise bad nutrition. No matter what you do for exercise if you’re still eating too much you’ll never lose a single pound.

In addition to the Don’t Look Past the Basics thread in this forum I recommend you check out the first post in the below linked thread. The #1 thing you need right away is a digital food scale that weighs down to the gram, you can’t get by without one. You can get one for less than $20 online. Good luck man!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1481919401
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You pos
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 44, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I strongly recommend you get your nutrition squared away, someone else said it’s 90% of the battle, but it’s actually 100%, because you can’t out-train or out-exercise bad nutrition. No matter what you do for exercise if you’re still eating too much you’ll never lose a single pound.

In addition to the Don’t Look Past the Basics thread in this forum I recommend you check out the first post in the below linked thread. The #1 thing you need right away is a digital food scale that weighs down to the gram, you can’t get by without one. You can get one for less than $20 online. Good luck man!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1481919401
    Good advice here too.

And OP, don’t think that you’ll HAVE to weigh everything you eat forever.

However, in the beginning you need to learn the basics about how calories, macros, and food volume are associated and without a quantifiable way to measure what you’re taking in, you’ll likely eat way way more than you think.

In time, it’ll become very much second nature, and you can relax on being so meticulous on measurements.

But for now, you gotta familiarize yourself in the 101 level stuff.
    The power of carbs compels me!

Finzup67 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In addition to everything other posters have said. Please download the MYFITNESSPALL APP

I don't think anyone else mentioned it.

You don't need to pay for the full service feature, the free stuff is more than enough.

Make it your Bible!!!!!

Good luck, we're all rooting for you

Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Congratulations on your son!

You should start counting calories. Buy a food scale and start weighing everything you eat. Start by just cutting down on "comfort food" such as juice, soda with sugar, candy, etc.
    Hi EiFit91, you mention cutting back on candy. Did you do a low carb diet to lose your weight?
    Keto + caloric deficit + intermittent fasting= best diet for rapid weight loss

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    At your weight counting calories is important but not that important right off. You can start by eliminating or GREATLY reducing certain things from your diet:

Liquid calories including fruit juice, non diet soda, alcohol

Processed carbs including sweets, bread, chips, pasta, tortillas, etc

It isn't so much that these are BAD foods, it's that for how many calories they contain they don't satiate well and you tend to overeat them. The foods below will satiate well and hunger control is your biggest challenge when attempting to lose fat

Include the following as much as possible:

Lean cuts of meat

fish

Veggies especially green ones

water

By immediately doing these things you will notice a good weight drop in the next 4 weeks. In this timeframe educate yourself on calorie intake, etc by reading the stickies at the top of the forum. The more fat you carry the faster it will come off if you do things right
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500) Dukelord is not very helpful. (-500)
    Don't give up. Everybody fails and has setbacks. The main thing is to keep at it. Track every calorie you're consuming until it becomes a habit. Once you start losing weight, it will motivate you to keep going.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by KBS21 View Post
    I know people aren't huge on supplements or fat burners but there are some effective ones out there, it doesn't hurt to try.

Here are some programs (Top sellers):
    Resurge helps you sleep and while you sleep it heals your body and burns fat. - https://bit.ly/38DUNYc

Okinawa Flat Belly Tonic will release fat, increase calmness, support healthy inflammation response, and repair metabolism. https://bit.ly/37SO0dK

Custom keto diet offers individual meal plans using information such as age, current weight, gender, daily activity level, and dietary preferences. If you listen and follow the health and advice you receive, you will see results. https://bit.ly/3hrgBtK

Here are some supplements you can purchase (all reviewed and highly rated):
    Carne Diem allows your body to transport fat to your muscle cells’ mitochondria for use as energy without the need for an insulin spike, unlike other L-Carnitine based products. - https://amzn.to/2WOUJPN

Magnum Heat Accelerated. This product will have you firing on all cylinders! Boosting energy levels and reducing fatigue allowing you to burn more fat than you usually would in a workout. - https://amzn.to/2M9ruF3

EBYSU Green Tea Extract Always struggling with a lack of energy & motivation, or need to lose weight? EBYSU green tea pills provide the boost without the crash.. Workout support/supplement. - https://amzn.to/3aNXb0Z

CLEAN + LEAN ALL NIGHT KETO is an overnight ketogenic formula designed to ignite and sustain ketogenic fat loss throughout the night while further supporting your daytime diet and lean body goals. - https://amzn.to/3aQeuOT

The Ripper starts working immediately on driving weight loss, helping you stay in shape both in and outside of the gym. The ripper also preserves muscle setting it aside from most fat burning supplements. https://amzn.to/3nRfqGy
    just no.....
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some good info above already.

I'll just say that there's no magical formula or diet plan.
    It's purely calories in vs calories out.
    You can lose weight eating cheesecake if you ate less calories in cheesecake than you expend in a day. Is it the healthiest thing to do? No, but I'm making a point of calories in vs calories out.
    You simply need to eat less.

So, tracking your calories for a while is a good place to start because I guarantee you, you have no idea what 2200 calories looks like and I can assure you, you are eating more than you think you are.

Some hard truth bud; at 330, you should be able to lose 2-3 lbs per week extremely easy.

Many members have given good advice and I don't mean to separate one but read Tommy's post #18....then read it again.

I've been honest with you and I'll continue that by saying it's all willpower. Is it easy? Nope
    Is it worth it? Damn straight

The benefits of better mobility, a healthier body, being ably to run and play with your son, and the pure self satisfaction of knowing you made progress are worth every minute of it.

I have faith you can make some postive changes man
    Go get some
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Crazykid2021 View Post
    If there is one exercise we all love to hate and hate to love it is planking, some videos on planking down on youtube teach you how you can do it the correct way.
    You can plank for hours but if you're eating over your TDEE, you ain't losin' nuthin' you crazy kid
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by northwestmuscle View Post
    Hi EiFit91, you mention cutting back on candy. Did you do a low carb diet to lose your weight?
    No, just a consistent calorie deficit. I live by the stickies on this forum - get enough protein and fat and the rest is flexible. If I cut carbs completely my gym performance and ability to concentrate tend to suffer.

I did keto once, about 8 years ago. Dropped almost 30 pounds in three months. A year or so later the weight was back on, and more. I think keto/low carb is a good idea for people who have diabetes, for most other people I think it is like other "diets" in that it is hard to stick to it forever. There is just so much good food that will be eliminated. For instance, lasagna with squash will never taste as good as the real thing. Indian food without the rice and bread, tacos without the tortillas, etc. Cannot imagine going through my entire life without those.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bealio13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    It's purely calories in vs calories out.
    And that right there is the best advice you will get
    We are not failing. Just learning to succeed

Heaviest ever weight - 341.2lbs 10th November 2015

18/12/15 - 326lbs
    01/01/16 - 336lbs
    03/01/16 - 339.8lbs
    07/01/16 - 327.6lbs
    11/06/16 - 317.4lbs

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ianskelhorn