Registered User userAA7SIMVWDPI's Avatar
    userAA7SIMVWDPI is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How long does it takes to return muscles after a break of working out?

Hi guys! I want to start to go to the gym but i have one question: in future i want to do some plasic surgeries and after a surgery i will need a reabilitation, i`ll must to leave gym for 2-3 months. So what will happen if i will work out for 2-3 years, achieve some results and then will make a breake for 3 months? I will lose my musculs and will have to start everything from the beginning? Or i will return muscules much faster then i did first time? Maybe somebody had the same experience?

ConProteinas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by userAA7SIMVWDPI View Post
    Hi guys! I want to start to go to the gym but i have one question: in future i want to do some plasic surgeries and after a surgery i will need a reabilitation, i`ll must to leave gym for 2-3 months. So what will happen if i will work out for 2-3 years, achieve some results and then will make a breake for 3 months? I will lose my musculs and will have to start everything from the beginning? Or i will return muscules much faster then i did first time? Maybe somebody had the same experience?
    From my point of view, you will achieve some results in a short period of time. Our muscles have memory and the fact is that it is easier to gain muscle for people who have trained before.

I would recommend you to keep taking the same amount of protein and creatine to minimize the muscle you may lose throughout your recovery.