CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyCuntt is just really nice. (+1000)

Can chest dips replace bench press?

So my apartment complex gym only has dumbbells go up to 45lbs. While we have barbells, we do.not have a bench rack. I'm making strength gains very quickly and looks like Ill be able to progress to 45lbs for db bench within maybe 2 months. Once I can process beyond 45lbs ill have to look for alternative exercises.

The gym is just convenient for me and although its not optimal for equipment it allows me to save money. Anyway, I was wondering if the chest dip can be used as the main compound movement for your chest just as a bench press would? Does it offer the same benefits in terms of targeting the chest or is the general consensus that the bench press is superior?

Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could if you make sure to lean forward slightly as you do them. Some people do them straight up and down which is going to be mostly triceps.

Make sure to progressively add weight to them just like you would on a bench press.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cheeky****t View Post
    So my apartment complex gym only has dumbbells go up to 45lbs. While we have barbells, we do.not have a bench rack. I'm making strength gains very quickly and looks like Ill be able to progress to 45lbs for db bench within maybe 2 months. Once I can process beyond 45lbs ill have to look for alternative exercises.

The gym is just convenient for me and although its not optimal for equipment it allows me to save money. Anyway, I was wondering if the chest dip can be used as the main compound movement for your chest just as a bench press would? Does it offer the same benefits in terms of targeting the chest or is the general consensus that the bench press is superior?
    I would think a better replacement for the bench press would be a weighted pushup (ideally with a deficit for a good chest stretch), but it may be difficult to do that in a gym as it can be tricky to load.

The chest dip is going to be lower chest dominant due to the angle, so natural comparisons would be a decline bench press or weighted incline pushup. It could be that your chest grows evenly in spite of this, but I think people more often struggle with poor upper pec development than poor lower pec development, so probably good to add some accessory work that targets the upper pecs.

You could for instance use dips as the main movement and then incline db bench as the next exercise (overload by increasing the number of reps). If you do incline db bench after the dips you will be able to do less reps so will probably keep you challenged for a while. Also incline db is going to be tougher than flat db bench.

ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClaudeSpeed22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can progress with dumbbells and dips only. But if I had the bench press, I wouldn´t replace It by the dips. For me, the barbell bench press is a non replaceable exercise (I would only do It if I don´t have a chance).

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dips take a lot of advantage of posterior chain leveraging as a general pushing exercise. With chest dips the chest will keep up a good deal with work, but it's mostly triceps work with strong trap stabilization.

Pushups would be a fine addition in conjunction with any kind of dip for now if you're at 45 lbs in each hand. I agree that weighted pushups shouldn't be that much of an inconvenience if you have to. Nobody here ever disregards them, it's just a matter of bench being a more practical approach if you got it.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't say the BP is the best chest exercise.
    Sure you can use more weight than other chest movements but it is basically a compound movement the uses more than just the chest and contributes to all around upper body size.
    Dips are another one of those compound exercises that use many upper body muscles.
    Some call them the upper body squat.
    How you do them can benefit the chest pretty well.
    Elbows away from the body,upper body curved over and chin to the chest will help hit more chest.
    Search for "Gironda Bardic"if your interested.
    Look at gymnasts that do parallel bar work and no bench presses.
    They have a pretty impressive upper body.
    Good luck.