ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilesss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Caffeine Tolerance

I've been taking pre workouts for like 2 years now and i started off with pretty mild ones, but obvs my tolerance went up and i started having to buy stronger ones.

Fast forward to now and I have an INSANE tolerance to any stims. It takes about 700mg of caffeine for me to even feel anything and I resort to DMAA to actually give me a proper kick.

How long do I have to have a break to lower my tolerance too an acceptable level?

I'm sick of having to double scoop total war every damn workout.

will rep helpful answers
    Bench: 225lbs
    Squat: 340lbs
    Deadlift: 475lbs

Poverty bench

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ilesss View Post
    I've been taking pre workouts for like 2 years now and i started off with pretty mild ones, but obvs my tolerance went up and i started having to buy stronger ones.

Fast forward to now and I have an INSANE tolerance to any stims. It takes about 700mg of caffeine for me to even feel anything and I resort to DMAA to actually give me a proper kick.

How long do I have to have a break to lower my tolerance too an acceptable level?

I'm sick of having to double scoop total war every damn workout.

will rep helpful answers
    Honestly, you need to focus on getting more out of your workouts with less stimulation rather than chasing the stimulation. It sounds like you want the stimulation more than the effective workout.

Trust me on this one, 700mg a day will effect your noggin' over time big time. You probably already have noticed it a bit, or soon will. Lack of motivation without it, cravings, less sense of wellbeing without it, etc. Not trying to scare you but it would benefit you if you were aware, if not already.

My advice would be start cutting down your dose by about 50mg a day or a workout, until reaching around 200mg-300mg a day. You'll be lowering tolerance over time, side effects, and likely less cravings with less potential adverse effects on the brain.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good answer^^^ above.
    You have to stop depending on pre workouts to get you going.
    The only way to get more out of the is to take more or stop for a good period of time and start over.
    Taking more can be a health issue.
    Probably just getting a good warm up/cardio before you train so your starting to sweat is probably the best.
    And getting going on that you just need to be disciplined and get over the groggy start feeling.
    You'll feel better after a few minutes but getting going is the hardest.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Good answer^^^ above.
    You have to stop depending on pre workouts to get you going.
    The only way to get more out of the is to take more or stop for a good period of time and start over.
    Taking more can be a health issue.
    Probably just getting a good warm up/cardio before you train so your starting to sweat is probably the best.
    And getting going on that you just need to be disciplined and get over the groggy start feeling.
    You'll feel better after a few minutes but getting going is the hardest.
    So true. The first 15 mins and the last 10 mins are usually more of a grind for me. Anything in between, I'm primed and ready to go.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100)
    Gg op
    USMC