Registered User fukdipbraunskin's Avatar
    fukdipbraunskin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Intermittent Fasting: How To Deal With Lightheadedness?

Sup

Became a fat fuk due to overeating from psychiatric meds. Put on 10 kgs in 1.5 months. Been doing a 16-20:8-4 fast in the hopes of lowered insulin + inevitably lower calories reducing my BF so I can get to my goal weight of 70kgs ASAP.

Until IF I only believed in CICO because I'm a noob, but then I learned about insulin, glycogen, basal metabolism levels etc. So I'm giving this a shot for 3 months and don't care how much muscle I lose because that's how fat I've gotten. But I'm feeling lightheaded, low energy (expected) and some other chit, would like to know how to deal with it.

FWIW I've lost 1kgs already (88->87kg, been fasting for 5 days).

matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe IF isn't for you, all that really matters for fat loss of course is total calories and being in a calorie deficit. Also if you're calorie intake is significantly lower than what your body is used to then you will feel crappy - reducing calorie intake too drastically can also be quite dangerous as well. Maybe forget IF for now and focus on eating a healthy, high protein diet with minimal processed/sugary foods and lots of vegetables, drink lots of water etc, exercise/lift weights regularly and you will see results - aim to lose around 1 pound per week to start with. There is no need to starve yourself to lose the weight, plus it isn't sustainable and in the long-term you will only end up putting the weight back on again!
    Last edited by matthewm1991; 12-06-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by fukdipbraunskin View Post
    Sup

Became a fat fuk due to overeating from psychiatric meds. Put on 10 kgs in 1.5 months. Been doing a 16-20:8-4 fast in the hopes of lowered insulin + inevitably lower calories reducing my BF so I can get to my goal weight of 70kgs ASAP.

Until IF I only believed in CICO because I'm a noob, but then I learned about insulin, glycogen, basal metabolism levels etc. So I'm giving this a shot for 3 months and don't care how much muscle I lose because that's how fat I've gotten. But I'm feeling lightheaded, low energy (expected) and some other chit, would like to know how to deal with it.

it IS all about CICO so don’t kid yourself and make things complicated..

Fatloss is a product of a consistent weekly calorie deficit over time and nothing more.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post

Fatloss is a product of a consistent weekly calorie deficit over time and nothing more.
    OP, read this ^^^ again. He's right.

Also, your statement
    don't care how much muscle I lose
    is really sad, and INCREDIBLY misplaced.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

exactly this OP

you can also read fancy explanations about keto or carb cycling, when in reality they don't provide any extra benefits when it comes to weight loss

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

1. IF isn't going to fix a broken diet. It is helpful if you want to eat fewer meals later in the day but if those meals end up with a total amount of calories over your maintenance then you will still gain weight.

2. Not caring how much muscle you lose is idiotic.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Personnel8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sup

I had been doing intermitten fasting for about 3 years now and I don't feel lightheaded or low energy. In fact I feel much stronger and healthier. My suggestion is to look into the food you are taking in, start recording your meals in calories. You will be surprise on you meal intake and also the possibly nutrition that you are lacking . Afterwhich, try to keep yourself on a balance diet and I am sure you will feel better about it.

If you are unsure what to eat, there are plenty of resources online for you to look around, or use those calorie counting apps you can find in apps store. They help and come in with a database of food, their calorie and nutrition etc.

If you can afford, perhaps you can visit a nutritionist for consultation and get a tailored plan too. Hope this helps.

Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000)

this 100%

Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Personnel8 View Post
    I had been doing intermitten fasting for about 3 years now and I don't feel lightheaded or low energy. In fact I feel much stronger and healthier. My suggestion is to look into the food you are taking in, start recording your meals in calories. You will be surprise on you meal intake and also the possibly nutrition that you are lacking . Afterwhich, try to keep yourself on a balance diet and I am sure you will feel better about it.

If you are unsure what to eat, there are plenty of resources online for you to look around, or use those calorie counting apps you can find in apps store. They help and come in with a database of food, their calorie and nutrition etc.

If you can afford, perhaps you can visit a nutritionist for consultation and get a tailored plan too. Hope this helps.
    I've never had lightheadedness while doing intermittent fasting too. thats strange because I've learned onelleestfit.com/jeune-intermittent that intermittent fasting on contrary enhance your health
    The only time I had lightheadedness in my life was during an overtraining period that caused me hypertension...
    Last edited by Markype; 12-20-2020 at 03:12 PM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sup

IF only works if CICO works...

IF is simply a specific method to try and control calories in if you happen to respond better to it.

I personally hate doing traditional IF windows because I enjoy having more times during the day where I can relax and enjoy food. If I try to not eat until like noon, I just get hungry and annoyed.

Insulin has nothing to do with it. Your insulin isn't zero when you're fasted, nor is your glucuse; people seem to forget this all the time whether it's talking about KETO or fasting or whatever. If your insulin or glucose just went to zero, you'd die. You always have some of each.

Now, again, if the fasting protocol helps YOU not eat as many calories, cool... if it's ruining your quality of life, then don't do it...
    The power of carbs compels me!