sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sandytatlor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post Can someone help me with Keto

Hi All,

Love this forum, lots of amazing information so I just wanted to see if you could help me. I got this free ebook (attached) I have tried some of the recipes which are amazing like the vanilla almond shake but I don't know if they are good keto wise...

Can you help?

Thank you

[attach]attachmentid[/attach]
    Last edited by sandytatlor; 12-05-2020 at 03:03 AM. Reason: No attatchment

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well do they contain carbs? i guess anything is good keto-wise as long as they have minimal carbs

that being said, keto isn't magic. just putting it out there because a lot of people have this misconception that keto equals automatic weight loss

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea as the dude above me said it’s good for Keto if it’s low to no carbs. But Keto is actually a pretty dumb diet (in my opinion) and if you care to read I’ll tell you why.

First of all, you can easily gain fat on keto. Keto restricts carbs. By restricting carbs you have to eat more fat and protein. This is counterproductive in my eyes as 1g of carb is 4 calories and 1g of fat is 9 calories. So basically you cut the amount you can eat in over half.

Second, fat is lost through a calorie deficit. There is no way around that. Keto doesn’t cause a calorie deficit. It just causes a carb deficit which you make up for by eating fats (which usually high fat diets end up putting you in a calorie surplus because of the 1g=9cal).

Third you are unnecessarily restricting major food groups. You can eat whatever you want. You just have to eat less calories than your body uses everyday to lose weight (calorie deficit).

Finally, why keto caught on so fast. Keto cause you to lose a bunch of WEIGHT not fat. When you cut out carbs you are basically saying bye bye to your glycogen stores. So you lose a bunch of water weight right out the gate. Glycogen is set on 1g carb:3g water. So do every pound of carbs you eat you also gain 3 pounds of water. So that mean when your glycogen stores go down for every pound of carbs you lose you lose 3 pounds of water.

So you end up losing most of your glycogen stores which causes rapid weight loss. It doesn’t cause fat loss. Fat loss can only be caused by a calorie deficit.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brandon2576 View Post
    Yea as the dude above me said it’s good for Keto if it’s low to no carbs. But Keto is actually a pretty dumb diet (in my opinion) and if you care to read I’ll tell you why.

First of all, you can easily gain fat on keto. Keto restricts carbs. By restricting carbs you have to eat more fat and protein. This is counterproductive in my eyes as 1g of carb is 4 calories and 1g of fat is 9 calories. So basically you cut the amount you can eat in over half.

Second, fat is lost through a calorie deficit. There is no way around that. Keto doesn’t cause a calorie deficit. It just causes a carb deficit which you make up for by eating fats (which usually high fat diets end up putting you in a calorie surplus because of the 1g=9cal).

Third you are unnecessarily restricting major food groups. You can eat whatever you want. You just have to eat less calories than your body uses everyday to lose weight (calorie deficit).

Finally, why keto caught on so fast. Keto cause you to lose a bunch of WEIGHT not fat. When you cut out carbs you are basically saying bye bye to your glycogen stores. So you lose a bunch of water weight right out the gate. Glycogen is set on 1g carb:3g water. So do every pound of carbs you eat you also gain 3 pounds of water. So that mean when your glycogen stores go down for every pound of carbs you lose you lose 3 pounds of water.

So you end up losing most of your glycogen stores which causes rapid weight loss. It doesn’t cause fat loss. Fat loss can only be caused by a calorie deficit.
    agreed for the most part, but the fat-focused eating style of keto apparently suppresses your appetite. this generally causes people to be less hungry and eat less food, meaning that the carbs you sacrifice for "dense fat calories" can keep you full for 6+ hours

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You failed at spam.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    agreed for the most part, but the fat-focused eating style of keto apparently suppresses your appetite. this generally causes people to be less hungry and eat less food, meaning that the carbs you sacrifice for "dense fat calories" can keep you full for 6+ hours
    I’ve never heard of that. Question does it balance out though. Even if it does balance out, keto is still a hard diet to follow because it is so restrictive. It can be hard to follow for a long time. I mean who doesn’t wanna eat a slice of bread, have some popcorn, eat some rice, have some mashed potatoes, etc. you can do all this on a regular diet, but keto won’t let you.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’ve never heard of that.
    He's right though. Most people tend to spontaneously eat less on keto. It tends to be hard to overeat on keto.

It's a suitable fat loss diet for people who like this style of eating.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Unless you absolutely LOVE KETO don't even get started on it. There is no fatloss advantage to it provided weekly calories are the same as a carb inclusive diet. The people that it works for are the ones that don't count calories and the fat satiates them better than carbs as they automatically take in fewer calories with less hunger. It isn't the KETO causing the fatloss it's the reduced calories. Once they go back to their old eating habits after KETO the weight goes right back on rapidly.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

I’ve never heard of that. Question does it balance out though. Even if it does balance out, keto is still a hard diet to follow because it is so restrictive. It can be hard to follow for a long time. I mean who doesn’t wanna eat a slice of bread, have some popcorn, eat some rice, have some mashed potatoes, etc. you can do all this on a regular diet, but keto won’t let you.
    yeah that's the part i agree with on a personal level, but still understand why some people do keto

i've also posted in another thread that i have a family member who occasionally mentions i should start keto - might just start repeating some mantra like "i like bread, i like popcorn, i like rice, i like potatoes, i like pizza, i like ice cream"