sokaman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinnyfat Newbie - Advice on Body Fat %

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. As a skinny fat guy, I've been training for 2 months and I don't seem to be making much progress. I would really welcome your frank opinion on what you think my body fat percentage is.

I've tried callipers but can never get a consistent reading.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    2 months is not a lot of time. For now, just focus on what happens in the gym. Make sure you are doing a routine that features planned progressive overload - like Fierce 5 for example. Eat enough to keep progress moving, you don't have to "bulk" but I don't think you should diet hard at the moment either. Stay around maintenance and adjust up if you start having trouble progressing on your routine.

sokaman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    2 months is not a lot of time. For now, just focus on what happens in the gym. Make sure you are doing a routine that features planned progressive overload - like Fierce 5 for example. Eat enough to keep progress moving, you don't have to "bulk" but I don't think you should diet hard at the moment either. Stay around maintenance and adjust up if you start having trouble progressing on your routine.
    Thank you for your kind reply. I intend to keep going. In the meantime, I'll look into Fierce 5.

BTW, can you hazard a guess at my BF%? Just want an idea of where I'm at.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I'm not the best at estimating such things - but the guys in the estimation sticky thread will surely respond to your post at some point.

I find measuring BF% to be of limited use. All I can see is a need to gain muscle now and maybe lose some more fat later - that's the most practical advice for the moment. Remember that your goal might not be to get strong - but getting strong is a very good indication you are gaining muscle - that's why I'm emphasising the planned progression of a well known routine. Too many people try to do their own thing and it usually proves less than effective.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ what he said about the estimation thread

but since you already made this thread, i'm going to estimate here and say 22-24%

matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Two months is not that long to see much progress, hit the weights hard and make sure to eat plenty of protein.