Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2159
    Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Over the past few years I did so much shoulder work. When I quit lifting heavy, my shoulders went downhill so fast. All kinds of band work. Inner and outer rotations, face pulls, and my shoulders continued to go downhill. It continued to get worse and worse to the point where I could almost not even sleep any longer.

I realized after talking with a friend who is a chiro that he helped me make the connection as to why they got so bad AFTER stopping heavy lifting. Really it was deadlifts. The stretching under load is what kept my shoulders balanced. He said just try stretching. I do a few very simple stretches every push day. I stretch my shoulders 2 ways. One facing and I will put my hands about bench grip and then bend so I am stretching my arms rearward (over my head). And the opposite. Hands behind my back on a bar and then bring my arms up.

In between every set. I am back to having almost no pain during benching now from those two little stretches. I sleep without any pain and in general 90% of my shoulder pain is gone, I dont do any else, no bands, no rotations, just stretches and it has done wonders.

Just sharing if it might be similar issue.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    @

When I finally dropped down to reasonable bf, I was so happy. Never in my adult life did I realize I actually had a decent build.

I was only mid 180s in 2nd pic and was strongest power to weight I ever was, .

Over the years dieting down lower and lower bf each time, I eventually started to lose (relative) strength. Despite over some years being almost 15lbs heavier and leaner, I only ever did 225x29. So my best performance was still to carry a decent bit of fat but not too much.

Anyway, I am just sharing how nice it is not to carry around extra bulk for no purpose.
    ]

ID, I understand this. I was always skinny, the only time I was ever fat was the last 5-6years when I went back to school and switched careers and only trained once a week.

Some on here once said, it’s easy to be strong and fat and eat like crap, we’ll actually it ain’t, I’m way stronger now. It totally sucked getting out of breath for 20 minutes just doing a near 10 rep set.

As a youngster I smoked cigs and weed which did f up my lungs for a number of years but I think I’ve cleared that crap out now as I just did two days in a row of 40+ rep squats and got my breath back pretty quick.

Working on doing these sets faster and faster.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Y-T-W-L's with the lightest weight bands you can find. Will do wonders.

-AJ
    Thanks, I do have a light band and will give these a try. I do warmup 1st and stretch after lifting.

Over the past few years I did so much shoulder work. When I quit lifting heavy, my shoulders went downhill so fast. All kinds of band work. Inner and outer rotations, face pulls, and my shoulders continued to go downhill. It continued to get worse and worse to the point where I could almost not even sleep any longer.

I realized after talking with a friend who is a chiro that he helped me make the connection as to why they got so bad AFTER stopping heavy lifting. Really it was deadlifts. The stretching under load is what kept my shoulders balanced. He said just try stretching. I do a few very simple stretches every push day. I stretch my shoulders 2 ways. One facing and I will put my hands about bench grip and then bend so I am stretching my arms rearward (over my head). And the opposite. Hands behind my back on a bar and then bring my arms up.

In between every set. I am back to having almost no pain during benching now from those two little stretches. I sleep without any pain and in general 90% of my shoulder pain is gone, I dont do any else, no bands, no rotations, just stretches and it has done wonders.

I do stretch every workout and throughout the day, I think this might be part of a larger issue.

Losing 20 lbs in 90 days means I was on about an 800 calorie/day deficit. I did this by quitting drinking and cleaning up my diet, but I have a theory that it also took away my ability to recover quickly and impacted my joints. When I said "the latest injury" it's like something is always bothering me, I'll get through this shoulder thing in a week then my hips will hurt or something. I'm thinking I need to be a lot more rigorous about my supplementation, I'm currently on Creatine (yes I'm super hydrating, pee is always clear) Glutamine, Arganine, G/C/MSM and fish oil - but not all at the recommended dose. Glutamine alone is 8 pills a day, aint nobody got time for that, but I'm wondering if I should make the time.

Thanks for your thoughts, keep them coming!
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Can you elaborate on this line, i find it interesting.

"The stretching under load is what kept my shoulders balanced"
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FLEX, I swear I saw a couple vids of you here yesterday, now they are gone?

I think this happened a month ago too.

I guess if we want to see a FLEX vid, we better check here fast or they will be gone, lol.

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am a little late to getting in shape for summer. Just started pulling foods back a touch.

The curse is my legs get in shape a lot quicker than my midsection. Legs dont look bad, but midsection looks like I have not started yet

RAW lifts

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    FLEX, I swear I saw a couple vids of you here yesterday, now they are gone?
    You could get an external hard drive to save all his videos for like 20 bucks if it's that important to you Bro

Dude, you look like you're chiseled from stone. ID always bringing the build.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    You could get an external hard drive to save all his videos for like 20 bucks if it's that important to you Bro
    LOL, nice, and I have no doubt you already got the entire collection of every year.

Dude, you look like you're chiseled from stone. ID always bringing the build.
    Only problem is my stomach look like it was scooped out of butter

My fat is now all centralized in my torso. I just am not a lean person by nature, and every time I let my fat drift up, the balance just goes and stays in my midsection. It is understandable. Areas like legs for men have low bio-arability of fat stores. The sub-q has poor blood flow and once you diet it off, it really never comes back. It would if you ever let fat drift up a lot, but I generally pull back before my fat gets too far from where I want it. The abdominal fat is another story. It seems to deposit easier, yet, your body will hold on to it for dear life. (organ protection...etc).

I cant complain much. Just the hand we are dealt. I am going to make a reasonable push here to thin out skin on torso. I just always like food and eating too much. It is not magic. Just desire and commitment. Sadly, I have been ok with being 'kinda' in shape for a while now... But being 50 now I think I want to prove to myself that I can indeed do better than before, even if it is not gym PR's.
    RAW lifts

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I will never catch AJ on OHP but I was happy to get a 200 lb single this morning.

Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I will never catch AJ on OHP but I was happy to get a 200 lb single this morning.

Most can't stay strict like that w/any kind of decent weight. Great lift.

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

Sadly, I have been ok with being 'kinda' in shape for a while now... But being 50 now I think I want to prove to myself that I can indeed do better than before, even if it is not gym PR's.
    That's the deal isn't it? Dorian Yates has this thing where he was in this basemenet gym and he would make Arnold and Flex and those old school BB'ers pay for enjoying the sun and beach bunnies at Muscle Beach.

TBH I would rather be at Venice beach with Arnold, but it's a close decision since I'm a huge Dorian guy

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I will never catch AJ on OHP
    [youtube]l91Bh1qYX1Q[youtube]
    I recall you saying "I will never" on a dream Corvette, let's get those words out of your vocab ... courtesy of DR. Bando

Hit the Garage today (Sat) and had a ok workout, I hit a PR in the overhead press - front/back for reps, finally got 20.

95 x 20

And then hit a pretty casual 260 x 21 in DOH Deads, I re-gripped at rep 15, no straps, no hook or mixed grip-

I hit a PR in the overhead press - front/back for reps, finally got 20.

95 x 20
    Nice.

Those last few reps we're not taking no for an answer.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For the last 4 months I have been hitting my legs extremely hard. Due to my eye suregery I was out of the gym for almost 8 months.

On the list for Bannukah

LWW

I just love the way you push yourself. I envy your drive man! Keep it up.

BH

Legs looking FANTASTIC for a person ANY age. When I factor your age into the equation, you sir are a freak! Good to see you back and training.

I am holding myself accountable now. I am late to getting back on track with summer coming fast, but I have been pulling back foods for a few weeks. Like to think I see some progress. I just have to find that place where this means something to me. I will be honest. I have been lazy. I have been going thought the motions. Pretty sad really. I need something, some goal to focus on. Since pushing heavy weight is not a great option, I guess I will say I will get 'in shape' for summer. But probably be more like the end of summer before I get there, but still worth doing. Shot this tonight.

RAW lifts

I am holding myself accountable now.
    Are you talking about shredding more?

Are you talking about shredding more?
    I would not call is 'shredding'. Just overall leaning out a bit. My midsection is the most stubborn. I still have what most would call 'abs' but not where I feel I should be or want to be. The few veins I have when in good shape across my torso are no where in sight. I did let sub-q drift up further than I have let it go in past 5-6 years so it will take a little time to get back on track. I just have been enjoying eating more than usually lately. Edibles have been great for relaxing out back issues and getting great sleep, but man, I can not control my eating from them. Double edged sword for sure!
    RAW lifts

Edibles have been great for relaxing out back issues and getting great sleep, but man, I can not control my eating from them. Double edged sword for sure!
    I hear ya. If I take a lot of Arganine, like up to 4k mg the veins that are hiding tend to come out, cheap, effective and 100% a vanity thing IMO. I'm making my own edibles now and I just account for the hunger spike. Before bed I have a bowl of 1/2 bran flakes, 1/2 honey crunch and a banana and it fills me up enough to avoid getting into real sweets. The GI tract loves it also, and my blood levels are all fine, great cholesterol buster.

Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Y-T-W-L's with the lightest weight bands you can find. Will do wonders.

-AJ
    How often? How many reps?

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How often? How many reps?
    Go to the 9:45 mark of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg&t=589s

I do 10 reps of each Letter (i.e. 10 Y's, 10 T's,10 W's, 10 L's.) for 3 sets. Usually twice a week. They are good to do after a shoulder workout OR the day before you are going to do shoulders.

If you have stuff that is torn in your shoulder(s), I don't know if these can help you, but if it is just pretty bad impingement--they can fix it. I was at a point with my impingement 5-6 years ago that it hurt to bench 135. Started incorporating these into my routine and I am back benching 3 plates again now (for a single )

-AJ
    Last edited by ajdahlheimer; 06-13-2023 at 01:36 PM.
    Epic Beard Man crew

OK cool I tried reps sets each today, either my band is too heavy or I gotta wait to do them when shoulders are warmed up.

OK cool I tried reps sets each today, either my band is too heavy or I gotta wait to do them when shoulders are warmed up.
    I use these ones (15 pound/orange). Lightest one Rogue makes.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-monster-bands
    Epic Beard Man crew

Just a small water shift and I am not feeling I am in as bad a position as I had thought.

I am thinking of upping my fasting. Possibly a few full 24 hour ones thrown in. Seen some very good research coming out. Fasting has become a full part of my life now.

RAW lifts

Monday crew checking in.... Workout done!
    RAW lifts

Monday crew checking in.... Workout done!

Yes, me too. Floor Press and barbell curls.

Trained Saturday and Sunday as well.

Yes, me too. Floor Press and barbell curls.

Trained Saturday and Sunday as well.
    I knew you would. I can always count on you my friend! Motivation is hard to come by these days. Our ranks are getting thin. I have found a little focus. Nothing great, but I have been enjoying going in the gym lately. I put 315 on the bar benching for the first time in a few years. I was reverse grip. It felt very heavy compared to how it used to feel for me. But it did not kill me (but I did have safeties set in the rack )
    RAW lifts

I think I found a new sweet time in my gym, 3 pm. Only a couple kids maybe 12 and 14.

Chest day - my DB press work these days is pretty light with at least 10 reps, squeeze at top with slow concentric.

As I was training I was watching the kids and the older one would load up like 185 on BB BP then 200 and just get barely a rep with a 12 year old spotter. That much weight over that 110 lb kid's throat made me wanna shake some sense into them but nevermind.

Decline smith BP is very friendly to my latest shoulder issue, so I did a couple sets at like 225 x 10. Once in awhile I close out with flat BB BP, I don't like it as a lift despite it being my strongest one, and my trophies and records for it.

I jammed out a quick flat BB BP close 135 x 22 for show, was great for my ego and the kids were like wtf all over themselves.

Checking in.

I'm still plugging away and as white as Elmers Glue.

I think I got me some wheels, not bad for not even squatting 200# more than a handful of times in the last year.

I know I need work everywhere but I really need some side delt work, so I'm starting wider grip overhead work for quick rep not going full ROM at least every other day, We'll see.....