Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    And I actually watched them all..
    As do I with yours and everyone else's, I find them all inspiring to keep going.

Tonight I can definitely tell my stabilizer muscles need work, was very wobbly on all DB lifts. Forgot to do flies The decline was murder I felt way off balance and the blood rushing to my head did not feel good at all, but it will take some getting used to. All in all enjoyed the workout, the CGBP sucks because the 100's is the heaviest the solid EZ bars go to. Hate doing it on a straight bar as it bothers my wrist, but imma have use it when I start going heavy.

On the list for Bannukah

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    CGBP sucks because the 100's is the heaviest the solid EZ bars go to. Hate doing it on a straight bar as it bothers my wrist, but imma have use it when I start going heavy.
    If you use good wrist wraps like powerlifters use for bench - for CGBP your wrists will be fine. I was CGBP'ing 175 with a straight bar last week with zero issues to my wrists, I have the black and red Harbinger ones off Amazon and they do the job.

Glad your snowblower works on mountains of snow, mine doesn't at all. Maybe I need to purchase a bigger one?
    I gave this a day of thought, no, I think for your small lot and the rarity of these snow events you should just shovel and not deal with storing a big snow machine that you would only use 8 hours a year.
    Bro with mattbro95

RIP: Dirty South Crew

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    ... just shovel and not deal with storing a big snow machine that you would only use 8 hours a year.
    8 hours is one hell of a lot of snow blower time and would translate, probably, into many days of shoveling.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you use good wrist wraps like powerlifters use for bench - for CGBP your wrists will be fine. I was CGBP'ing 175 with a straight bar last week with zero issues to my wrists, I have the black and red Harbinger ones off Amazon and they do the job.

I gave this a day of thought, no, I think for your small lot and the rarity of these snow events you should just shovel and not deal with storing a big snow machine that you would only use 8 hours a year.
    I'll look into getting these thanks!

That's a god point, but still I see my neighbors using a much bigger snowblower than mine for the front of their house, in NYC although the outside of your house is not your property per se if someone falls in front of your property you are liable. Crazy because when I first bought my house there was a tree stump in the front of my house, I could not remove it because it was not on my property, but if someone fell over it, I was liable. So what I did was in the night I took a hatchet to it and tore the sucker down.
    On the list for Bannukah

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Years ago training with Gary Strydom (Not sure if you are aware but I trained with several bodybuilders in the past, Victor Martinez, Rich Gaspari) he said I had decent biceps but said in order for me to truly target them I should twist at the bottom to engage the bicep fully. Since doing the curls in this fashion, my biceps have improved significantly.
    I tried this last night SS with overhead cable tricep extensions, I think I will run with your method. Previously just did hammer curls while standing, this is so much better.

On spread.

Thanks
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As do I with yours and everyone else's, I find them all inspiring to keep going.

Tonight I can definitely tell my stabilizer muscles need work, was very wobbly on all DB lifts. Forgot to do flies The decline was murder I felt way off balance and the blood rushing to my head did not feel good at all, but it will take some getting used to. All in all enjoyed the workout, the CGBP sucks because the 100's is the heaviest the solid EZ bars go to. Hate doing it on a straight bar as it bothers my wrist, but imma have use it when I start going heavy.

I do too! I hear you on the stabilizers - keep at it!
    I had to miss my DL workout yesterday due to work crises, but will try to make it up today - and will try to record! :P
    Why NOT?

5'6", 202

Results:
    2/27/21 PNW drug tested championships 468/308/501
    10/10/2020 FS meet: 407/303/474

Gym PRs:
    479/315/494

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    I tried this last night SS with overhead cable tricep extensions, I think I will run with your method. Previously just did hammer curls while standing, this is so much better.

On spread.

Thanks
    Anytime, but remember Hammer curls target the brachialis muscle by keeping it under TUT throughout the movement more than the twisting which directly targets the bicep brachii. So I would not stop doing hammer curls if that is what you are thinking.
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by PhDPepper1111 View Post
    I do too! I hear you on the stabilizers - keep at it!
    I had to miss my DL workout yesterday due to work crises, but will try to make it up today - and will try to record! :P
    Man I was so wobbly, it was frustrating!

Waiting on the video!
    On the list for Bannukah

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    John, interesting that you start your DB bench from the up position. I always start from the down. Doing them right now lol.
    David

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    John, interesting that you start your DB bench from the up position.
    Are you new here? LOL. He's been bragging about that forever.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Boring session today but accessory work needs to be done.

Pulldowns galore with my home setup:

Then did some triceps pressdowns only because I found a neglected Triceps Pressdown bar in my garage last night. No idea I even had it.

No vid, pic:

AND......

I got my new A7 Bar Grip shirt today finally. I ordered this after Christmas as a present to myself.

It will be featured in Sunday's squat vids......

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    John, interesting that you start your DB bench from the up position. I always start from the down. Doing them right now lol.
    I find it easier that way for some reason, if I start from the bottom, the way I did on the decline it is harder for me.

Are you new here? LOL. He's been bragging about that forever.
    LOL

Boring session today but accessory work needs to be done.

Pulldowns galore with my home setup:

Then did some triceps pressdowns only because I found a neglected Triceps Pressdown bar in my garage last night. No idea I even had it.

No vid, pic:

AND......

I got my new A7 Bar Grip shirt today finally. I ordered this after Christmas as a present to myself.

It will be featured in Sunday's squat vids......

I am assuming the safety rails are removable so you can add a lat bar to do lat pulldowns no?

Tonights workout was fcking awesome, my legs were fried by the time I finished, love these kind of workouts, but man I am sweating up a storm, each on is 15, then 10 then 8 only recording the last set or it would be too many damn videos

On the list for Bannukah

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just sharing an exercise that I do with a landmine attachement. Works great for side laterals. I got rid of my Ironmaster dumbbells and then was going to get a full rack set and then covid hit. So I have been without any dumbbells.

I actually like these and I can do a lot of variations on the movement.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    when I first bought my house there was a tree stump in the front of my house, I could not remove it because it was not on my property, but if someone fell over it, I was liable. So what I did was in the night I took a hatchet to it and tore the sucker down.
    I woulda done the same damn thing.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Just sharing an exercise that I do with a landmine attachement. Works great for side laterals. I got rid of my Ironmaster dumbbells and then was going to get a full rack set and then covid hit. So I have been without any dumbbells.

Traps looking beastly, are you training them directly?

My gym closed for 2 days due to snow, then my Daughter's wheel fell off, lower ball joint just split.
    Got in my Jeep to go to the gym tonight and it wouldn't start, then my buddy who works on my cars texted me that his GF had a miscarriage.

I got to the gym, total mind mess and just did 1/2 hour cardio.

Think I'll just walk there tomorrow and block all calls.
    Bro with mattbro95

RIP: Dirty South Crew

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Nice use of the landmine.

I think everyone would lol

Sorry about all the stuff going on around you, man that is why the gym is my mental escape..
    On the list for Bannukah

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Traps looking beastly, are you training them directly?
    Nope....they actually have not gotten much work in past few years since I cant do deads. Was thinking I need to bring in direct work since I cant really hit them in other ways.

Nice use of the landmine.

I also do 1-arm standing presses it and several other variations. It actually works nice, ESPECIALLY for 'bad' shoulders since you can find the right groove and the bar will keep you in that even as you fatigue ensuring you dont put your shoulder into a 'bad' position.
    RAW lifts

I am assuming the safety rails are removable so you can add a lat bar to do lat pulldowns no?
    Yep they are easily moved up and down or removed altogether.

I may grab a wide lat bar at some point. I have 2 close grip pulldown bars already.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

[youtube]aLo9yr9_g0M[/youube]
    I might give those a try.

LOL @ you checking yourself out in the mirror several times though.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

I might give those a try.

LOL @ you checking yourself out in the mirror several times though.
    Maybe just a habit....but I am always training in the mirror (except for heavy compound movements)

I like to look for activation. I can see which head of my delt is getting the activation I want...etc. Plus it is just a motivation thing. Motivation these days can be challenging. Looking for that next little bit of refinement, etc is about all that keeps me hungry.

Although I have put on some fat so it makes it harder to see. But looking at the vid I noticed my natural chest separation upper/lower is standing out more. Can even see it in the youtube still pic. Been focusing on chest for about a year.

Mirrors are part of required equipment in a gym That and tank tops!
    RAW lifts

Mirrors are part of required equipment in a gym
    My home gym has 7 bars, 2 power racks, 3 benches, over 1,100 lbs of plates.....and ZERO mirrors.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Figured I better start contributing. I finally broke down and did some deadlifting today. Haven't deadlifted in a month of Sundays.

My new deadlift bar is awesome; I didn't even need chalk up until the last set. My grip started to go on that last lift; next time I'll chalk up for anything above 500.

For reference, my all time best is 610#. I hope to get back there and surpass it.

bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My home gym has 7 bars, 2 power racks, 3 benches, over 1,100 lbs of plates.....and ZERO mirrors.
    No mirrors in my gym either.

Looking beastly.

That bar has some good whip. What is it?

Also wtf kind of music was that???

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Looking beastly.

That bar has some good whip. What is it?

Also wtf kind of music was that???
    Thanks, Jim.

Texas deadlift bar. https://www.texaspowerbars.com/Texas...Site-p/tdl.htm

That's 311 playing in the background. My favorite band!

ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Figured I better start contributing. I finally broke down and did some deadlifting today. Haven't deadlifted in a month of Sundays.

My new deadlift bar is awesome; I didn't even need chalk up until the last set. My grip started to go on that last lift; next time I'll chalk up for anything above 500.

For reference, my all time best is 610#. I hope to get back there and surpass it.
    ]
    Nice lifts. I'm about to do a workout and did a 3.5mile hike in the snow this morning, all uphill on the way back. I was gonna skip deadlifts but now I'm feeling motivated.

T
    Texas deadlift bar.
    Same bar I have. Love it.

That's 311 playing in the background. My favorite band!
    I didn't recognize the song. I like some of their music but I could not lift to it. Nowhere near angry enough.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Another crappy Saturday, squatting is still painful, but I could get up to 315 this week.

Powerclean and push press 185 I haven't powercleaned 185 in over 10 years.....

Weak squats 315 x 5

Mirrors are part of required equipment in a gym That and tank tops!
    Mirrors are a must for me, when I build my home gym there will be mirrors everywhere, not ready for a tank top just yet, but come summer there will be tons of videos of me working out in a tank top

Good to see you lifting and participating here!

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Another crappy Saturday, squatting is still painful, but I could get up to 315 this week.

Powerclean and push press 185 I haven't powercleaned 185 in over 10 years.....

Weak squats 315 x 5

Keep on coming through brotha!

Man todays calve workout was painful hate fcking calves!! Still grinding it out though, come summer have to have that "perfect" all around build

On the list for Bannukah

Whiney Bitch Saturday Bench session....

Less than a year ago I got a nice clean smooth 365lb bench. Today I threw up a very slowwwww 305 lbs. Not where I should be at all but happy to get back across that three hundo threshold again....

Also threw up 350 with my Maddog Slingshot and 12 reps @ 235 lbs with my original Slingshot. Good day on the bench considering the bull**** 2020 brought me.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I didn't get my 15 pull-ups on tape, this was like third set. Pulled my back doing deadlifts lol..