Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Holy fukkkkk man......chest out head up. If you look down that's where the bar is gonna go.

Nice comeback though....
    yeah, the errors were abundantly clear
    Noticing that spot about 3 inches out the hole I have a tendency to take the foot off the gas, get hips high, or as you say, let the head go down.
    Light weight no problem, but yeah will work on it as I go heavy

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Awesome workout tonight, no pain in my back, weights felt very light (as they should) except on the OHP that last set of 5x5 was a killer. I always record my last set so I know I got all 5 sets! But very happy with tonight! Going in the right direction!

Sorry for the crappy angle had to find a spot on the floor
    You know whats weird is I don't feel pain in my back although the problem is in my L4/L5. The pain (when it happens) is in my hamstrings, butt, calves and feet. I say back because thats where (according to the doctors) the pain originates from. But I don't feel any pain in my back whatsoever even when the pain was at its worse, wierd.

The worse part (for me at least) is the weakness I feel on my legs which is extremely evident when I am lifting.
    VERY glad to hear you are working your way back into it and it's going well! Pain is a strange diffuse thing at times...
    Why NOT?

5'6", 202

PRs:
    2/27/21 OR state tested championships 468/308/501
    10/10/2020 FS meet: 407/303/474

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PhDPepper1111 View Post
    yeah, the errors were abundantly clear
    Noticing that spot about 3 inches out the hole I have a tendency to take the foot off the gas, get hips high, or as you say, let the head go down.
    Light weight no problem, but yeah will work on it as I go heavy

VERY glad to hear you are working your way back into it and it's going well! Pain is a strange diffuse thing at times...
    I think I could deal with the pain but the weakness kills me
    On the list for Bannukah

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You know whats weird is I don't feel pain in my back although the problem is in my L4/L5. The pain (when it happens) is in my hamstrings, butt, calves and feet. I say back because thats where (according to the doctors) the pain originates from. But I don't feel any pain in my back whatsoever even when the pain was at its worse, wierd.
    Sciatica probably.

Same issue I have. Hurt my back but after the first few days I felt the pain elsewhere, mostly in my hip and down the front of my leg.

I am 90% back to normal but still can't deadlift. Tried again this morning. No Bueno. Pain shoot down the front of my right quad. Did a bunch of sets at 135 then bailed and did some other random ****.

Lisa outlifting me on deadlifts now. Feelsbadman.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sciatica probably...
    Johns' disk problem in its extreme form manifests as sciatica and sciatica itself has many levels. Been there, done that.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sciatica probably.

Same issue I have. Hurt my back but after the first few days I felt the pain elsewhere, mostly in my hip and down the front of my leg.

I am 90% back to normal but still can't deadlift. Tried again this morning. No Bueno. Pain shoot down the front of my right quad. Did a bunch of sets at 135 then bailed and did some other random ****.

Lisa outlifting me on deadlifts now. Feelsbadman.
    According to the Neurologist and Chiro its not sciatica but a bulging disk (Spinal Stenosis) and they are working with me to heal the disc by Decompression (very expensive machine), Flexion Distraction and stretches. They wanted to give me an injection into the spine but I am not going that route. So far the route we are going is working, pain is going away slowly and my strength on my legs is coming back.
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Johns' disk problem in its extreme form manifests as sciatica and sciatica itself has many levels. Been there, done that.
    Are you 100% now? or am I doom for this damn pain/weakness in my legs for ever?
    On the list for Bannukah

LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When the disks are compressed they are squashed out and touch (causing the pain) the nerves that connect to the hips legs and feet.

When this happens in the neck the pain in in arms and hands.

Seems common problem with people in 50s whether they train or not, they lift something and it happens. Decompression is needed.

LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don’t believe you would be doomed, but you may have to live some degree of that pain? I know someone who has been dealing with that in thier neck for near a decade, he was in so much pain he was about to get surgery, he asked about ANY other option in which he started working out, ever since he started working out the pain is manageable but still there, but he can now deal with it. He never did get surgery after working out.

This all happened cause he lifted a pallet at work, he was used to sitting at a desk at work.

Awesome workout tonight, no pain in my back, weights felt very light (as they should) except on the OHP that last set of 5x5 was a killer. I always record my last set so I know I got all 5 sets! But very happy with tonight! Going in the right direction!

Sorry for the crappy angle had to find a spot on the floor

Squats are looking stronger.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I gave you the cure in post #6. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=179149451

Also:
    https://www.spine-health.com/conditi...spinal-segment
    "Depending on the type and severity of the underlying cause, the L4-L5 motion segment may cause lumbar radicular pain of the L4 and/or L5 spinal nerves, also called sciatica. Common symptoms and signs include:

Sharp pain, typically felt as a shooting and/or burning feeling that originates in the lower back and travels down the leg in the distribution of a specific nerve, sometimes affecting the foot.

Numbness in different parts of the thigh, leg, foot, and/or toes.

Weakness while moving the thigh, knee, or foot in different directions.

Abnormal sensations, such as a feeling of pins-and-needles and/or tingling."

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    According to the Neurologist and Chiro its not sciatica but a bulging disk (Spinal Stenosis) and they are working with me to heal the disc by Decompression (very expensive machine), Flexion Distraction and stretches. They wanted to give me an injection into the spine but I am not going that route. So far the route we are going is working, pain is going away slowly and my strength on my legs is coming back.
    Ouch I must have missed where you posted it was a herniated disc. When I went to my chiro back in December he did a few things and first thing he said was that he could rule out a herniated disc and said that was a good thing.

I still find it weird I can squat but I can't deadlift since the movements are very similar with similar muscle engagement.

Good luck John.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Squats are looking stronger.
    I can go down faster without any numbness/weakness, so that's a good thing.

I gave you the cure in post #6. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=179149451

Also:
    https://www.spine-health.com/conditi...spinal-segment
    "Depending on the type and severity of the underlying cause, the L4-L5 motion segment may cause lumbar radicular pain of the L4 and/or L5 spinal nerves, also called sciatica. Common symptoms and signs include:

Sharp pain, typically felt as a shooting and/or burning feeling that originates in the lower back and travels down the leg in the distribution of a specific nerve, sometimes affecting the foot.

Numbness in different parts of the thigh, leg, foot, and/or toes.

Weakness while moving the thigh, knee, or foot in different directions.

Abnormal sensations, such as a feeling of pins-and-needles and/or tingling."
    Yes I followed those, they are great, I was asking if YOU are 100% as I am assuming you meant been there done that as in you had the same thing?

Ouch I must have missed where you posted it was a herniated disc. When I went to my chiro back in December he did a few things and first thing he said was that he could rule out a herniated disc and said that was a good thing.

I still find it weird I can squat but I can't deadlift since the movements are very similar with similar muscle engagement.

Good luck John.
    Not herniated disc (which according to the Doc is worse) its a bulging disc, again the doc said can be reverse but will take months of treatments, but I don't know if they just want my money
    On the list for Bannukah

Not herniated disc (which according to the Doc is worse) its a bulging disc,
    My bad I thought the two terms meant the same thing. Apparently not. Thanks Google.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

My bad I thought the two terms meant the same thing. Apparently not. Thanks Google.
    I wouldn't know the difference I only know now because I have the damn thing

But according to the Xrays and MRI's the doc is saying that I have had it for maybe 15 years or more, but it is now causing pain cause the bulging disc is touching the nerve.
    On the list for Bannukah

... Yes I followed those, they are great
    If you had done those asanas faithfully on a daily basis, your back problem would be a memory.

I was asking if YOU are 100% as I am assuming you meant been there done that as in you had the same thing?
    I thought it went without saying, but yes, the sciatica disappeared. Those postures cure sciatica. You have a "very minor L4/L5 Spinal stenosis" (according to your doctor). That disk problem in its extreme form manifests as sciatica. Do the math.

If you had done those asanas faithfully on a daily basis, your back problem would be a memory.

I thought it went without saying, but yes, the sciatica disappeared. Those postures cure sciatica. You have a "very minor L4/L5 Spinal stenosis" (according to your doctor). That disk problem in its extreme form manifests as sciatica. Do the math.
    I am doing them without missing a beat, maybe it is why the pain is slowly going away? Hard for me to tell if it is what I am doing or what the chiropractor is doing or a combination of both. But I will continue to do both until this is 100% gone. Right now I would say my pain (from a scale of 1 - 10) is at a 3.
    On the list for Bannukah

PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000) PhDPepper1111 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wed Bench day
    Continuing my testing: 275 went up smooth, 305 was a bit of a challenge with a little stuck point a couple inches off my chest. I definitely got the weight but not 100% sure that would get white lights (see video). Attempted 315 and feel I will have it next month for sure... depending on how I feel I might shoot for 325 on my third lift.
    wide grip: 6 @ 185, 6 @ 205, 6 @ 225
    OHP 3x12 @ 65, 2x20 cable lat raises

Why NOT?

5'6", 202

PRs:

Wed Bench day
    Continuing my testing: 275 went up smooth, 305 was a bit of a challenge with a little stuck point a couple inches off my chest. I definitely got the weight but not 100% sure that would get white lights (see video). Attempted 315 and feel I will have it next month for sure... depending on how I feel I might shoot for 325 on my third lift.

Nice! Love the no quit attitude! Props!
    On the list for Bannukah

ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wed Bench day
    Good lift. I just did what was supposed to be my shoulder workout and decided to do pause reps with 165 on flat to start, got it for 8. Did some lighter db's for shoulders.

Do you think it's better to work with pause reps for a few weeks? My goal is to get 225 by 3/30. Right now I guess my max would be 205, maybe slightly higher but not much.

ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No video but a couple hours after shoulders with some bench thrown in I found some pretty good lighting at the top of the staircase.

Good for shoulder/arm...not so much for my hairline lol.

Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    No video but a couple hours after shoulders with some bench thrown in I found some pretty good lighting at the top of the staircase.

Good for shoulder/arm...not so much for my hairline lol.
    That's what I am talking about, need to show the results!! props!

Next time turn your fist/wrist up, will help in contracting the bicep as well.

Man how the hell am I all out of reps?!?
    On the list for Bannukah

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @BH. I am telling you, you need to order that reverse hyper.

I am still nursing the back. Limited to leg press to train legs. I have let my fat drift up quite a bit in the last 5 months. I have lost almost all leg definition. This is as close to 'ripped' as I come to looking with a leg pump from tonights workout.

Going to start dropping some weight when I get motivated.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post

I am still nursing the back. Limited to leg press to train legs. I have let my fat drift up quite a bit in the last 5 months. I have lost almost all leg definition. This is as close to 'ripped' as I come to looking with a leg pump from tonights workout.

Still crazy vascularity.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post

Its not in stock as yet, trust me I have an order with them to let me know when it is available and I will order it ASAP. I am talking about the folding one I showed you.
    On the list for Bannukah

I am doing them without missing a beat, maybe it is why the pain is slowly going away? Hard for me to tell if it is what I am doing or what the chiropractor is doing or a combination of both. But I will continue to do both until this is 100% gone. Right now I would say my pain (from a scale of 1 - 10) is at a 3.
    That's fantastic. I don't remember how long it took for the sciatica to disappear. It was 1993, after all , but it vanished and never returned.

Trying to maintain my back size/stregnth without being able to deadlift or access the gyms (10+ months of lockdown here).

Here's my improvised pulldown/row system I set up in my squat rack:

Back pic from today:

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Trying to maintain my back size/stregnth without being able to deadlift or access the gyms (10+ months of lockdown here).

I am assuming you sit on the floor to use it? props for figuring out ways to keep getting it done!
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    Good lift. I just did what was supposed to be my shoulder workout and decided to do pause reps with 165 on flat to start, got it for 8. Did some lighter db's for shoulders.

Do you think it's better to work with pause reps for a few weeks? My goal is to get 225 by 3/30. Right now I guess my max would be 205, maybe slightly higher but not much.
    Ezra I'd say yes (on the pause reps & on the goal), but really just you know, bench with progressive overload, if you have been doing the same lift the same way you get adaptation so maybe change the grip width, slower descent etc.

Back pic from today:

Good work FLEX!
    Why NOT?

5'6", 202

PRs:

Finished my test week with Deadlifts yesterday!
    Was feeling pretty sore from testing squats and bench previous days (and still doing workouts), so took the warmup nice and slow.
    Hit a PR of 475 (vid attached) which felt good, then psyched myself out for my 495 attempts.
    Goodmornings 3x15 @ 135
    supinated lat pulldowns 3x12
    face pulls 3x12

1 month out from state drug tested PL championship, hit PRs in all three lifts, feeling good. Will go heavy/hard for the next three weeks and hopefully hit some big PRs end of Feb!

Why NOT?

5'6", 202

PRs:

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You must be limited to 1-arm. That rig is good, but not having anything to lock your body into would make it tough to use any amount of weight.

If you bought another rig like that and fastened the pulley to the bottom cross bar, and then hook the cable to the upper, you could do seated work and rows. You could really hit a lot more angles on the cheap! It would be drawing the bar into and back on the hooks and be quite stable!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be