Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    vocaroo.com/18BduFIdv7YR TomWanks's Avatar
    TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by notbadnotbrad View Post
    Yep totally a winter wonderland haha - try walking in this chit wearing a suit lmao I used to just get boots when I’d leave the office and look ridiculous in my overcoat and suit and then these winter boots

[img]https://i.imgur.com/l1Cpg5X_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=m ed=g]
    What I was promised:

What I got:

notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TomWanks View Post
    What I was promised:

What I got:

Lmao too accurate - even the way the people are stepping to try and dodge the slush

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EmmaW4tson View Post
    Its always the liberal progressive areas that constantly bring about draconian measures and anti-freedom regulations.

Canada, UK, NZ, Aus, Western EU, California, NY state and other Blue states are all liberal progressive places that have instituted harsh lockdowns and introduced new laws to remove rights and freedoms.

They also have large populations who conspire to rat each other out and want bigger government. Where the government MUST provide a solution.

This sounds, looks and feels like Communism pure and simple and how it starts.
    2020 has actually undermined future "big government". By going overboard with excessive "measures", it has basically undermined all future lawmaking and all future governments in those countries.

In 2020, "authorities" went away too far and gave basically jeopardize the future of the entire human species.
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]

TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TomWanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BritishTwit View Post
    Oh, that sounds a bit of a mess yeah haha. Hate ruining decent footwear.

We have trucks that dump salt/grit on the roads, but very rarely, if ever, the pavements. It makes walking a total nightmare though unless you have shoes with good grip, but then again even snow is rare.

Hahaha remember the Beast from the East back in 2018 mate???

The whole country was literally pissing itself, I remember people panic buying at my local Waitrose like it was going to last forever.
    lmfao never heard of this bullchit but in 2018 it was legit colder than it has been any other year I lived here.

Russian interference in western elections and/or weather.

JFL.

Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimbo0731 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, this is reaching all new clown levels. The latest orders for Ontario don't even seem to be based on anything other than they don't know what else to do. I feel like if they still see a continued rise in cases they will go full retard and lock everything down. Up until about 3 weeks ago I have been fine working from home and taking things in stride but my mental capacity for all these measures and mask mandates is wearing extremely thin. I actually miss working in an office and if they do a xmas ban here in the GTA I aint going to be complying. I still have yet to meet a single fukin person thats had covid. You can really see the anger on people out in the public now because of this. The pani-cels freak out if you go near them in a store but you can only do so much when the big box store are still chock full of people. I'm generally a pretty conscientious person but I'm starting to not give any fuks anymore.

Originally Posted by BritishTwit View Post
    Oh, it was a few weeks of slightly heavy snow in the UK in spring 2018. Brought everything to a standstill lmao.

How long have you lived in Russia for again?

Lived in Seattle before that. It snowed once every 3 years and the song was basically the same.

City would get caught with pants down during a "snow storm" of 2-3 inches over 2-3 weeks and the entire city would lock down. City would buy a bunch of snow equipment to build back better (lol). No snow for 1 year. Democrats chide overspending and sell snow equipment to special interests. Snow the following year, roughly 2-3 inches over 2-3 weeks but the entire city shuts down.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm actually kind of shocked to hear that this is how it goes in Canada too. Maybe the grass is just perpetually greener. Ain't that a piss take.

HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are the Montreal massage places and strip clubs at least able to operate?
    Boston sports crew
    Live Free or Die 603 crew
    Ex-Howard Stern crew
    1974 crew

***Connoisseur: Les Derrieres de Femmes ***

ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ramimotemem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HaiMeesk View Post
    Are the Montreal massage places and strip clubs at least able to operate?
    Doubt it for the strip clubs, massage parlors are open from what I see.

blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nova scotia here my guy . Got us fked up down east of ya too

ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100) ChriisGayle is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by blueberryboy View Post
    Nova scotia here my guy . Got us fked up down east of ya too
    you ever see greg doucette at the gym?

lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks, boyos. This is therapeutic for me to complain a bit. Let's all do what we think is right and support one another and our families, particularly during the holiday season. It's really important.

And yes, winter in QC is an absolute schit-show. This year it's been not so bad, but it can get brutally cold and driving in a snow storm is the worst.
    *Look at reflection in car window and flex every time crew*
    *Use half the roll to wipe after a poo crew*
    *Fart in the gym and blame rotten smell on faulty ventilation crew*
    *Fart at home and blame it on the dog crew*
    *Watch neutron-star density poop mock me as water flushes around it and it stays put crew*
    *Drive 2 minutes in the summer and back of shirt gets completely wet crew*
    *Coffee black as midnight on a moonless night crew*
    *Fat shame my cat on a daily basis crew*

cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000) cool-beans is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol virus so deadly you cant see your fam but by all means please line up at costco and ikea

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    100% OP the whole thing has been a clown show

You could at least somewhat justify maybe the first month or two because we knew very little about the virus, were afraid that hospitals are being overwhelmed and believed this virus to be more way more deadly based on models projecting millions of deaths in a single country such as the US.

But hospitals for the MOST part were not being overwhelmed, in fact staff was being laid off and the resources used to create extra capacity ended up not being used. The virus is WAY less deadly than previously thought, it's actually closer to a bad flu season. The doomsday scenario never came to fruition. We now know the virus is much more widespread then previously thought and we are better at treating the virus now. We've also seen the damage it can bring to the economy and people's lives overall. WHO themselves have condemned using lockdowns unless as a last resort.

DESPITE all of this reasoning on how a lockdown is no longer justified, governments insist on doing so and claim they are following the science. Yet gyms which have almost zero cases stemming from them are locked down yet simultaneously claim schools are safe despite having a few hundred cases. Big businesses deemed essential are allowed to open with gatherings of people but a small business that isn't deemed essential can have a single person inside. The last straw happened way before banning family gatherings and was a big ol crock of ****e.

they are crushing small business, closing facilities which help you stave off the virus and now want to crush your mental health by not allowing you to visit family. Quebec is the most cucked out of every province but Ontario isn't that far behind on the cuck meter. All of em can eat a dik.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ah Tabarnac!!!!

Ontario checking in.

Going to be in Ottawa for a few days for Christmas.

Looks like the river will be the equivalent of the Belin wall, but ya never know with ol Ford.

If things don't go sideways...well, probably even if they do, Ill slingshot some Christmas cheer across the river for you Quebecers who cant gather
    See BrianDaMans sig.

Rep SoapKing on sight crew.
    Semi tradie crew
    lol@tradies crew
    Certified HTC

lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was talking to my parents and they were saying how they're worried about fines. Somehow, they're under the impression that they can get a 3000$ fine for hosting me and that I will get a 3000$ fine, etc. I don't know where they got these ideas. I told them to take it easy and that it will be fine. That even if a cowardly, butt-hurt neighbour calls the cops and they come by and knock on the door, how can they even prove that I haven't been living there for a while? Maybe the ol' wife and I had a fight and I've been living in the proverbial doghouse for a while.

Originally Posted by Hutrapper View Post
    Ah Tabarnac!!!!

Ontario checking in.

Going to be in Ottawa for a few days for Christmas.

Looks like the river will be the equivalent of the Belin wall, but ya never know with ol Ford.

If things don't go sideways...well, probably even if they do, Ill slingshot some Christmas cheer across the river for you Quebecers who cant gather
    Seriously. Here's another fun fact we all learned during covid - viruses now can't cross rivers.

Also, I try to visit my folks regularly. But, if I visit between Dec 24 and 27, then magically it's more dangerous. If I visit on Dec 23 and 28, it's much less dangerous. Covid doesn't like those days.
    *Watch neutron-star density poop mock me as water flushes around it and it stays put crew*

Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lightsarefallin View Post
    I was talking to my parents and they were saying how they're worried about fines. Somehow, they're under the impression that they can get a 3000$ fine for hosting me and that I will get a 3000$ fine, etc. I don't know where they got these ideas. I told them to take it easy and that it will be fine. That even if a cowardly, butt-hurt neighbour calls the cops and they come by and knock on the door, how can they even prove that I haven't been living there for a while? Maybe the ol' wife and I had a fight and I've been living in the proverbial doghouse for a while.

Seriously. Here's another fun fact we all learned during covid - viruses now can't cross rivers.

Also, I try to visit my folks regularly. But, if I visit between Dec 24 and 27, then magically it's more dangerous. If I visit on Dec 23 and 28, it's much less dangerous. Covid doesn't like those days.
    My parents actually like on a house on the same property as me, but my damn sister had to move to Ottawa and get a cushy ass government job...

Rivers yes, also 6'1", you are safe, 5'11", death...pure death.

Just put BLM signs, or a tipi and a big dreamcatcher on it on the front lawn and call it a protest. Add a few bright colored bristol board signs with generic protest slogans with poor grammar and you are set.

No law enforcement agency in the world wants to deal with anything that looks like that.
    See BrianDaMans sig.

Semi tradie crew
    lol@tradies crew
    Certified HTC

My parents actually like on a house on the same property as me, but my damn sister had to move to Ottawa and get a cushy ass government job...

Rivers yes, also 6'1", you are safe, 5'11", death...pure death.

Just put BLM signs, or a tipi and a big dreamcatcher on it on the front lawn and call it a protest. Add a few bright colored bristol board signs with generic protest slogans with poor grammar and you are set.

No law enforcement agency in the world wants to deal with anything that looks like that.
    Definitely lots of those in Ottawa.

Good suggestion about the signs. Imagine the fallout for breaking that up.

Definitely lots of those in Ottawa.

Good suggestion about the signs. Imagine the fallout for breaking that up.
    Just sayin. Its an option. lol
    See BrianDaMans sig.

Semi tradie crew
    lol@tradies crew
    Certified HTC

Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To make a long story short, apparently the provincial government now saw fit to 'ban' Christmas gatherings this year, whereas they were previously considering allowing up to 10 people December 24-27. Despite this entire covid experience being a general clown show, I had been taking it in stride up till now. This is the final straw, the one that breaks the proverbial camel's back for me. How can they not foresee that this will cause so many more problems than it can prevent? Mental health problems already spike around the holidays. Isolation has been rampant since this entire covid business began. Now, to suggest that already isolated people can't even take a break and see their families? We're about to see a lot more mental health problems and a definite spike in suicides.

We'll shortly be talking about how to attend funerals virtually in the new year. That will be the outcome of this.

For my fellow QC brahs, how are you handling this? I'm disregarding it completely and I'm still visiting my folks on Christmas. It's not like 5 different households are getting together in one place. It's literally myself, my brother, and my parents. That's it. That's the only family I have left.

Apologies for the rant, but the ridiculousness of it all has finally gotten to me. I have a very hard time dealing with stupid bullschit like this. Absolutely no critical thinking going into this whatsoever.

For your time...

If you’re alone you can visit your folks. Maybe try reading into it.

While these measures piss me off, I will abide by them as they’re temporary and the idiots down south who refuse to even wear a mask live in a fantasy land where the virus isn’t real. I know two people who’ve died from it.

Originally Posted by Jaroctor View Post
    If you’re alone you can visit your folks. Maybe try reading into it.
    I'm not, it would be my wife and I. So it's '1 family unit' I guess.

mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    You could at least somewhat justify maybe the first month or two because we knew very little about the virus, were afraid that hospitals are being overwhelmed and believed this virus to be more way more deadly based on models projecting millions of deaths in a single country such as the US.
    I keep forgetting the only logic for lockdowns initially sounded like, "We know this egregiously trespasses essential functions of the world, and we only do so because we need to know how bad this is to not overwhelm all hospitals at once."

Now, we know this will not happen. "We think removing every functional piece of society makes sense because it hypothetically improves one tiny parameter most people do not really care to improve."
    Je me souviens

Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not, it would be my wife and I. So it's '1 family unit' I guess.
    Try crashing at their place for a couple days then.

Originally Posted by mesobuild View Post
    I keep forgetting the only logic for lockdowns initially sounded like, "We know this egregiously trespasses essential functions of the world, and we only do so because we need to know how bad this is to not overwhelm all hospitals at once."

Now, we know this will not happen. "We think removing every functional piece of society makes sense because it hypothetically improves one tiny parameter most people do not really care to improve."

It objectively has, is and will overwhelm hospitalis.

My problem isn't being respectful and careful, it's the constant inconsistencies in logic. I've been only going out when necessary, not taking frivolous chances, and generally sacrificing my own freedoms. I didn't have my annual Halloween party. I sat at home, watched They Live!, and that's it. I didn't see my family on Thanksgiving. So now they're saying that I can't even drive to my childhood home with my wife to support them on Xmas since they're pretty alone out there. My parents, who I've seen at least half a dozen times since all of this horse-cockery began. I work at home, they're retired. We both go nowhere. They're saying this is forbidden yet, 2 days later, thousands will congregate to satisfy their shopping addictions on boxing day. But that's somehow safer.

Where in the actual fuk is the logic and consistency?

My problem isn't being respectful and careful, it's the constant inconsistencies in logic. I've been only going out when necessary, not taking frivolous chances, and generally sacrificing my own freedoms. I didn't have my annual Halloween party. I sat at home, watched They Live!, and that's it. I didn't see my family on Thanksgiving. So now they're saying that I can't even drive to my childhood home with my wife to support them on Xmas since they're pretty alone out there. My parents, who I've seen at least half a dozen times since all of this horse-cockery began. I work at home, they're retired. We both go nowhere. They're saying this is forbidden yet, 2 days later, thousands will congregate to satisfy their shopping addictions on boxing day. But that's somehow safer.

Where in the actual fuk is the logic and consistency?
    I think we all forget that- and I mean this- literally no one has any fukin clue what's going on.
    See BrianDaMans sig.

Semi tradie crew
    lol@tradies crew
    Certified HTC

I think we all forget that- and I mean this- literally no one has any fukin clue what's going on.
    This is what I've been thinking since the start. All of these arbitrary rules and limitations really do seem like shooting in the dark in order to create the illusion that the government is somehow doing something about it. We've all been wearing masks since the summer yet the numbers continue to rise to 'record' numbers.

However, trying to consider it from their perspective, what's the alternative? If there's lots of unknown and they admit it = mass panic. It'll be the toilet paper incident all over again. Human beings are perpetually frightened, primal apes. We don't like the unknown and uncertainty. It's largely intolerable for our nervous systems that have evolved to keep us safe long enough for us to spread our genes (100% srs).

1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100) 1Requin is not very well liked. (-100)
    I live in Ottawa, but this still pissed me off. I hope most people ignore it and go ahead with whatever their traditions are. There seems to be no limit to the government/health officials intention to control day-to-day life of the populace.

What's more, it seems like anecdotally, most people SUPPORT this BS. It's like the masses think people are dropping dead in the street. I legitimately do not understand it.

This is what I've been thinking since the start. All of these arbitrary rules and limitations really do seem like shooting in the dark in order to create the illusion that the government is somehow doing something about it. We've all been wearing masks since the summer yet the numbers continue to rise to 'record' numbers.
    Well, and then I read a report that they were testing some red cross blood samples taken in fukking january...from North America, and a few were testing positive for COVID.

January. North America. You know, before it "appeared" in china.

It really does make one curious...
    See BrianDaMans sig.

Semi tradie crew
    lol@tradies crew
    Certified HTC

Originally Posted by 1Requin View Post
    I live in Ottawa, but this still pissed me off. I hope most people ignore it and go ahead with whatever their traditions are. There seems to be no limit to the government/health officials intention to control day-to-day life of the populace.

What's more, it seems like anecdotally, most people SUPPORT this BS. It's like the masses think people are dropping dead in the street. I legitimately do not understand it.
    The human populous are generally ignorant, complacent sheep NPCs. Society wouldn't work if the large majority of its citizens were actually using critical thinking skills. It's truly shocking what kind of nonsense people will internalize.

Cottamnit boyos I'm getting all worked up. Gonna go and play a bit of Stardew Valley.

Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alberta brah here & we don't really give a damn about any of this might be why we have the most cases despite being 25% the size of you eastern guys.
    Cold day in hell if the goverment tells me I cannot go see my family but I can go to the liquor store or pot shop hell can even get a massage or my nails done but god forbid I see my mother.

Like a previous poster said if this was killing 20% of the people getting it or something extreme everyone would gladly stay inside because of common sense but not for a 99% survival rate cough.
    Race: White
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Blue Jays / Steelers

JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JurassicPakBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will still celebrate Christmas, I stopped giving a **** about what the clowns are saying a while ago. Working on a jobsite in close proximity to 100 other unhygienic tradies everyday is ok, but seeing a few members of my family for Christmas is not allowed JFL
    "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson