Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    we literally might not have meat widely available soon

Doubt it.

rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its all due to mining, nvidia got caught selling a chit load of GPUs directly to crypto farm miners

if mining never existed we probably would be a better situation
    *** Latinos For Trump Crew ***

*** Bidet Clean Ass Crew ***

*** HTC ***

AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlwaysFocus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Destor View Post
    As a rule of thumb, it's definitely smart to hope for the best but plan for the worst. And in this case, be ready to wait it out or put in a LOT more effort

I have my next tower sitting assembled right now with everything aside from a 3080 / 3090 and a 5900x
    mind sharing what other parts you used? Im trying to make a build list and have RTX 3080 and the ryzen 5800x in the list, just trying to see what others do since im such a noob at this

[_]Living [X]Living Dead nkiritsis13's Avatar
    nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^pcpartpicker would be a good place to start because it not only has a ton of builds to look at, but the system guides you so that you don't wind up with incompatible components.

Originally Posted by Visel View Post
    No matter how long I waited, I couldn't do it. Every single pre built had PROBLEMS. One company didn't have higher than 850 watt PSU's and had very limited RAM offerings. Another didn't have the motherboard I had my heart set out for, nor any of my "top 3 desktop cases" I had in mind. Almost none of these platforms offered the latest PCI 4.0 M.2 SSDs, such as the WD SN850 or Samsung 980 Pro. But here's the kicker... all of them were over $1000 more expensive than the parts list I had in PC Part Picker! So not only would I have to make compromises in the components, throw some away that I'd replace with better for more cost... but they were ALSO over $1000 more expensive right out the gate! Not to mention how long it takes to order, process, deliver, receive a custom PC.

Said F it and bought all the components myself. I got everything I wanted, no compromises. The only thing that sucked was the motherboard I bought ended up being $100 above MSRP. And the GPU I bought came in a bundle deal with a PSU I wouldn't use costing $100 more than the GPU's MSRP. That's it.

Today I'm receiving the final component of the build, r9 5900x. Over the last 2 weeks I had already started assembly, reading/watching guides, undoing the case, mounting the motherboard, mounting the PSU, flashing the bios of the mobo, installing the SSD, installing the RAM, plugging the front panel I/O into the motherboard, putting the 360mm AIO CPU Cooler how I want it, learning more about my case and its capabilities, example being I didn't know it has a GPU stand for reducing the sag.

I was hard against the idea of building myself, mostly because I was scared I'd find myself too incompetent and I'd break something, but also I thought it'd add an extra layer of warranty offerings. So far so good, everything turns on that I've set up to my knowledge, and I saved money doing it.

tl;dr - build your own PC
    Ideally, that is what I'd go for; I did something similar with my current PC, but I had Microcenter put all the components together which was 100% worth it because I had serious health problems at the time and the last thing I wanted to add to the to-do list was build a PC.

I'm speaking more last resort, as I'm not in any sort of rush to start a new computer build (or buy a console for that matter). There's just no motivation for me because there isn't a single, solitary game that I have to play coming out, my current setup is still solid for what I am playing, and since I'm not a big gamer in the first place, it suits the rest of my needs perfectly fine for now.

But eventually I will either have to throw a new part or two in there or start from scratch, and who even knows how long this sh*t storm is going to last. At a certain point, I'm fine settling with something versus waiting until the 4000 series because all stock of the 3080ti or whatever is residing in the shadow realm.

Especially when "MSRP" means jack, raising the price of a single component to absurd heights where it's more practical to treat a pre-built/custom PC as a base.

It really doesn't help when we consider how the general nature of GPU production is also inherently kind of predatory; one series gets discontinued so supply spikes the price, while the new series releases only to be bought up without enough supply, also causing prices to soar. So, most people are left to choose between outdated, overpriced tech or current but unavailable or gouged current hardware.

Like just recently you have the 3060ti, a $399 base card, now equaling or surpassing $699+ cards; the latter are shooting up on ebay for more than the newer, updated hardware, which was already guaranteed to sell out day one.

Fortunately, I'm very patient, but I also don't want to count my chickens before they hatch and wind up with a stockpile of components with no GPU because we happen to be in an ongoing perfect storm that is screwing over most people.

Originally Posted by rocketfish View Post
    its all due to mining, nvidia got caught selling a chit load of GPUs directly to crypto farm miners

if mining never existed we probably would be a better situation
    Every time I hear about crypto now, this comes to mind:

"Don’t pay for cool stuff with your soul. Pay for it with money. You know, like how every other store in the world works?"

Here is an article on the link for those curious:

For the quarter in review, Nvidia sold at least $175 million worth of new generation GPUs to ethereum miners, helping the outperformance, according to a note from RBC Capital Markets analyst Mitch Steves. The analyst had guided sales to miners to come in at $150 million for the quarter.

Steves noted that the upcoming network upgrade of the Ethereum blockchain, also known as Ethereum 2.0, which is scheduled to take place sometime in December, demands that miners switch over to more efficient mining hardware. Nvidia’s new Ampere GPU chips are thought to meet that need.

Bitcoin (via TweakTown)
    Ignoring the digital monopoly money for criminals amongst numerous other issues with this, it's extremely sketchy seeing a company that makes devices that can be used to make more digital monopoly money also making backdoor deals with people invested in said digital monopoly money printing.

The only way it could get any worse is if the figured out how to use Playstations and Xboxes to mine as well; crazier uses for consoles have been discovered after all.
    I will stand firm, I refuse to kneel - The fury in me is divine
    My dark grave awaits, my fate is revealed - But I'm not afraid to die

If you have any problems or need advice, feel free to ask