CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Heavy squats and deadlifts in the early AM?

Does anyone else here train in the early morning? What are the risks to heavy squatting and deadlifting within a short period after waking? I know the spines discs are filled with fluid, but how long do you think this takes to drain to ensure the spine is safe for heavy loading? Through basic research the general recommendation is that 1 hour after waking is when most of the fluid drains. Is this a genuine concern or not that serious?

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you a camel op?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Supposedly, your neural output is fairly low in the morning so you won't get best strength performances. Early evening is meant to be the ideal time for that if you have a choice. If you don't, it's probably a minor difference and I wouldn't sweat it.

CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CatsAndMice10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Supposedly, your neural output is fairly low in the morning so you won't get best strength performances. Early evening is meant to be the ideal time for that if you have a choice. If you don't, it's probably a minor difference and I wouldn't sweat it.
    Oh interesting, didn’t know that. I was more concerned with safety though

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by CatsAndMice10 View Post
    Oh interesting, didn’t know that. I was more concerned with safety though
    I'm not aware of any reason to be concerned by that.

It's been a while since I read through this, you could have a look if you want:
    https://mennohenselmans.com/best-time-to-work-out/

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I'm not aware of any reason to be concerned by that.

It's been a while since I read through this, you could have a look if you want:
    Thanks! I’ll go through it

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks! I’ll go through it
    I read something last week about what you're referencing. Spine rigidity when you first wake up. They recommended getting up early so you have 1-2 hours for it to subside. I haven't reviewed the science literature to see how well founded the recommendation was.

Dwayne Johnson does 6am workouts but I think he does an unusally long ellipitcal warm-up to adjust for that. Like 45 minutes...

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hate lifting in the am.. I don't know how people can do it.

I like 2 meals in me before I lift. So any time after lunch, usually 13:00 onwards.

Originally Posted by NomadNA View Post

Dwayne Johnson does 6am workouts but I think he does an unusally long ellipitcal warm-up to adjust for that. Like 45 minutes...
    Dwayne's real pre workout and warm up is like a little scratch on his ass cheek and some skittles 😂
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It takes some getting used to. Do some extra warmup to get your body ready.
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ

Originally Posted by NomadNA View Post
    I read something last week about what you're referencing. Spine rigidity when you first wake up. They recommended getting up early so you have 1-2 hours for it to subside. I haven't reviewed the science literature to see how well founded the recommendation was.

Yeah I read somewhere that after around 1 hour about 90% of the fluid has drained. Can’t remember where though. I also read to have a shower before your morning workout to help raise body temp and help with alertness etc.

Originally Posted by jamalfudge View Post
    It takes some getting used to. Do some extra warmup to get your body ready.
    I’m actually used to it. I love working out early in the morning. I was just wondering if there were safety concerns, particularly regarding spine health with heavy squats and deadlifts or any lift that produces significant spinal loading

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m actually used to it. I love working out early in the morning. I was just wondering if there were safety concerns, particularly regarding spine health with heavy squats and deadlifts or any lift that produces significant spinal loading
    For us non-morning people, safety concerns would be a heart attack, joint/muscle/tendon/body stiffness and dropping weights onto myself as I'm still waking up. Spinal fluid would be the last thing on my mind. But hey, if you're a morning person, enjoy!

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    For us non-morning people, safety concerns would be a heart attack, joint/muscle/tendon/body stiffness and dropping weights onto myself as I'm still waking up. Spinal fluid would be the last thing on my mind. But hey, if you're a morning person, enjoy!
    Heart attack? How so

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heart attack? How so
    Sorry, half-serious. Heart attacks tend to occur in the morning, but if you're not at risk for one I don't think it should concern you.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Sorry, half-serious. Heart attacks tend to occur in the morning, but if you're not at risk for one I don't think it should concern you.
    Ahh okay. Scared me haha

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Only thing I'd add is just listen to your body. If you don't sleep right and wake up groggy, don't push it unnecessarily.
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ