Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anabolic Cutting Program - 0% LBM Loss

I've spent the past seven years researching and working on various new theories and programmes relating to body recomposition and getting shredded.

I have now finally come up with something which I believe will be of great interest to the community and I am excited to share it with you guys.

I had DEXA body scans and tested my hormone and blood lipid profile which I've included in the article (and will include in the upcoming YouTube video I'm creating)

Before I go on, I will share the key findings after experimenting with this totally new training program, and if that piques your interest, read on to find out more!

- Testosterone levels 2 – 3 times higher at the end of the cut than the current case studies (even though I am 10 – 17 years older than the males in these studies - I am 37 years old).
    - Almost zero lean mass lost (only 50 grams in total).
    - During the first 8 weeks, I actually added nearly 2 lbs of lean mass (not new to training, already lean, so this level of recomp is rare).
    - During the final 8 weeks I lost an incredible 4.2% body fat.
    - No metabolic adaptation – in fact, it appears my maintenance calories increased. This means I did not need to cut calories further or add any additional cardio as I progressed which I believe helped preserve more lean mass.
    - No mood or sleep disturbances. In fact, I stopped taking anti-depressants (which I had been on for 4 years) due to how good I felt.
    - This method adopted 24-hour fasting periods, providing key data as to how much better fasting is for lean mass preservation than standard calorie-restricted diets.

The biggest issue I had when working out was that I went around in circles - bulking and adding some fat, then cutting down the fat and losing my gains.

I think we've all been there at some point.

After developing a successful body recomposition program (you can check out my YouTube series on that subject here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qn4sYMVbHQJLiE) I wanted to get seriously lean - like, stage-ready lean.

The Anabolic Cutting method is a way of getting lean without losing any muscle mass.

I discovered four case studies which looked at males prepping for a bodybuilding competition. I used these as the cornerstone of my research and also as benchmarks as to whether the Anabolic Cutting method was a success.

Here are direct links to those studies:

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7eb...e75329fd8e.pdf
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28770669/
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ion_Case_study
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...st_Preparation

The following article I have written looks at all the data from these case studies. I also share my DEXA results, progress pics, my diet, macros, training fundamentals and every other bit of relevant information I could think of.

https://www.fitness-savvy.co.uk/anab...-get-shredded/

The main thing to notice in all of the case studies (where it is reported) is the substantial loss in testosterone.

I am 37 years old, and my testosterone levels were 2 - 3 times higher than in the case studies - when you consider that I am 10 - 17 years older than the participants in these studies, and that testosterone levels decrease by about 0.4 - 2% per year after the age of 30, you can begin to realise how significant this result is.

This reduction in testosterone is likely the most significant factor in the amount of lean body mass (LBM) they lost - which ranged from 13% to 55% of total weight loss.

Using the method I have designed, my lean mass loss was almost zero.

In fact, for the first eight weeks, I actually GAINED muscle mass - nearly 2 lbs to be exact!

In addition, I suffered no mood or sleep disturbance (as is commonly reported when following such strict programs).

Contrary to popular belief, there was no need to lift "heavy" to "preserve" muscle mass, and also no need to eat regular meals to prevent muscle breakdown.

I thought I'd drop this article here and start the discussion and get some feedback. The article is about 6,000 words, but I am working on a video which I will drop on my channel on Thursday for those who are interested.

All feedback and questions welcome!

Thanks! Robin

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This seems like a really long way to advertise your channels to us. You provided us with no information without having to look at all your stuff and give you more views. I can probably sum up anything you said in your articles (I haven't looked though). A slight calorie deficit will cause you to lose fat and not really lose much or any muscle (depending on your level of advancedness). You can even gain muscle in a slight caloric deficit. Also, if I remember right, correct me if I am wrong, your test levels go up as you lose weight (to a certain extent). If I go from 25% to 15% BF my test levels go up (I do know if you get to like 5% test levels will drop).

(Edit) I’ve looked at the article now, and I was pretty accurate. You gained muscle and lost fat due to your intermediate fasting (which caused a caloric deficit) and your test levels went up due to dropping down BF percentage.
    Last edited by Brandon2576; 12-03-2020 at 11:30 PM.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a question OP - do you think it is fair to compare your Performance/Energy/hormone levels cutting from 20% to 14% body fat, to the people in your referenced studies cutting to 5%?

Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aguisa92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, I wasn't going to paste a 6,000-word article in the forum.

And yes, you are wrong - if you read the article you'd see that I have compared this form of cutting to current case studies and my previous results. Re-composition is possible - not in lean individuals, and one of my cuts I actually lost muscle and put on fat - while doing it slowly.

Perhaps have a read of the article and then come back with some questions? Additionally, reading an article won't give me more views on my YouTube channel...

I'm not looking to get more views - simply looking to share the findings of seven years of research, trial and error, and experimentation. I thought, given that this is an entirely new program that I would share it for some constructive feedback

Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply, even if you didn't take any time to read the article

Robin
    Check out my YouTube channel for more info on the programs I designed to transform my body!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFhcLmQxEtt1MgMqNFJTDw

I address this point in the article.

The way the dexa machine I used is calibrated means those measuring 5% Would likely have shown up at about 12 - 13%

Out of more than 6000 scans, no one has ever measured under 10%

This is likely the reason the pardue study showed such a huge difference between the Bodpod and dexa results.

Using callipers, my body fat is just 3% which is comparable with all the studies I referenced.

If you look at the dexa scan image you will notice the fat levels are nearly nonexistent.
    Check out my YouTube channel for more info on the programs I designed to transform my body!

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can you put a short summary about what you did differently? No need to give us the full 6000 words. Just want to know a summary of what you did that gave you the results that others haven’t managed.

Basically, an abstract/conclusion if you were to write it as a research paper.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Aguisa92 View Post
    I address this point in the article.

The way the dexa machine I used is calibrated means those measuring 5% Would likely have shown up at about 12 - 13%

Out of more than 6000 scans, no one has ever measured under 10%

This is likely the reason the pardue study showed such a huge difference between the Bodpod and dexa results.

Using callipers, my body fat is just 3% which is comparable with all the studies I referenced.

If you look at the dexa scan image you will notice the fat levels are nearly nonexistent.
    Difficult to estimate with your clothes on but based on your YouTube videos I would say your bodyfat is similar to mine, around 15% - no where near a stage ready 5% - as referenced in your studies.

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I read the article now. I didn’t read it before because it was sooooooooooooo long. If you want a critique, your entire study is based around an EXTREMELY (emphasis on the extremely) inaccurate machine. Juji and Tom just did a video with the DEXA scan and it had Tom at a low BF percent than Juji and Juji is nearly stage ready. Tom just looks like an average guy with abs. I highly doubt you got to 3% BF btw (maybe I read that wrong). 3% BF is close to hospitalization if not it is hospitalization. If you gained fat on a slow cut you did it wrong. If you are in a calorie deficit you can’t gain fat. As Coach Greg would say you can’t break the laws of thermodynamics. Energy (fat) isn’t just stored on your body for no reason, it happens when you are in a surplus. Also I’m not sure how big you are (I saw 160 something pounds in the article I think) but the amount of calories you eat are very low in my opinion (that’s kinda just a side note you could be tracking your calories slightly off but if you are doing it slightly off consistently it doesn’t really matter). Final note, I don’t believe in intermediate fasting. Not eating for an entire day is pretty unrealistic. That is going to have some real problems getting people to conform to it. Most people can’t go a few hours without eating much less a day.

Btw I know I sound like an a**hole. I’m just being very critical. If this diet has worked for you keep doing it. Why fix something if it ain’t broken. You’re doing better than most people.
    Last edited by Brandon2576; 12-03-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Originally Posted by TonedJordan View Post
    Can you put a short summary about what you did differently? No need to give us the full 6000 words. Just want to know a summary of what you did that gave you the results that others haven’t managed.

Basically, an abstract/conclusion if you were to write it as a research paper.
    Hey, so here it is in a nutshell:

Meal timing - I ate 3 Even meals over 48 hours. I fasted for 24 hours, worked out, then had meal 1, fasted 16 hours, meal 2, then 8 hours, meal 3, then repeat.

The long fasting periods did not cause me to lose muscle mass, but did help with hormone regulation and reducing the rate of metabolic adaptation.

The reason for 24 hour fasting was to disrupt the circadian clock.

Macros - 1 gram per lb of body weight of protein (1.3 per lb of lean )

25% fats

The rest came from carbs .

Essentially, for 24 hours following the workout I was eating 330 grams of protein, 500 grams of carbs and 110 grams of fats with the intention of keeping my body anabolic for the period of time where protein synthesis is at its peak.

Workout - no heavy work, compound moves in 8-10 rep range, lots of supersets for 3 x 12 reps.

Only walking for cardio at 4 hours per week.

Results - I lost about 15 lbs in total, and 99.9% of the loss was fat.

For the first 8 weeks I recomped, adding nearly 2 lbs of lean mass.

Supplementation was an all
    In one shake taken with every meal, omega 3, and multi vitamin.

I believe the macro breakdown, meal timing, workout frequency (3.5 times per week) and exercise selection formed a perfect environment for maximising lean muscle preservation, reducing metabolic adaptation and improving mood and sleep.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    Difficult to estimate with your clothes on but based on your YouTube videos I would say your bodyfat is similar to mine, around 15% - no where near a stage ready 5% - as referenced in your studies.
    Those videos were filmed a few months back when I was 20%

Check out my photo gallery to see my most recent pictures:

https://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/p...otos/175315912

I am 147 lbs and 5’ 8 in the final picture and that is 15% how many more pounds of fat would you say I need to lose to be stage ready, looking at the pics in the article, because I am struggling to find anywhere on my body I can lose any more fat.
    Last edited by Aguisa92; 12-04-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Originally Posted by Brandon2576 View Post
    I read the article now. I didn’t read it before because it was sooooooooooooo long.
    I prefer the word "thorough"

If you want a critique, your entire study is based around an EXTREMELY (emphasis on the extremely) inaccurate machine. Juji and Tom just did a video with the DEXA scan and it had Tom at a low BF percent than Juji and Juji is nearly stage ready. Tom just looks like an average guy with abs.
    How you look at different body fat percentages depends how much lean you are carrying.

This means a smaller guy with no real mass could measure lower body fat percentage Than someone at their generic potential who looks more ripped.

For the record, I’m about 20 lbs at least from my generic potential.

I highly doubt you got to 3% BF btw (maybe I read that wrong). 3% BF is close to hospitalization if not it is hospitalization.
    I said I was 15% as per DEXA.

Callipers measure at 3%, tape measure (74cm waist) is 7.5% and DEXA is 15%

If you gained fat on a slow cut you did it wrong. If you are in a calorie deficit you can’t gain fat. As Coach Greg would say you can’t break the laws of thermodynamics. Energy (fat) isn’t just stored on your body for no reason, it happens when you are in a surplus.
    The way energy is broken down can change - so it is entirely possible in a deficit to lose weight - but for more of that to be lean mass while you add fat mass.

Also I said that I did it wrong - that is the point of comparing the Anabolic Cutting method I have designed - to show that I have made mistakes in the past and have corrected them.

Also I’m not sure how big you are (I saw 160 something pounds in the article I think) but the amount of calories you eat are very low in my opinion (that’s kinda just a side note you could be tracking your calories slightly off but if you are doing it slightly off consistently it doesn’t really matter).
    I was consuming 2200 calories while cutting. That's at 147 lbs, 5'8, and that is my diet calorie intake. That's actually quite a lot of calories given my size and the rate I lost weight. Those in the studies were larger guys consuming fewer calories, they also had to keep cutting calories further.

Final note, I don’t believe in intermediate fasting. Not eating for an entire day is pretty unrealistic. That is going to have some real problems getting people to conform to it. Most people can’t go a few hours without eating much less a day.
    Saying ‘I don’t believe in IF’ is not very scientific. That’s just an opinion without any scientific basis.

As I mentioned, this plan was designed with bodybuilders and physique competitors prepping for a competition - so you are right, not everyone would put themselves through this routine - but those who are competing would certainly be interested in any method that can help them win a comp - especially if it improves their testosterone levels, improves their mood and sleep, and reduces the rate of metabolic adaptation meaning they don't have to further starve themselves.

If you want to achieve the best results, then you need to put effort into that.

Finally, I think you are missing the point of what I am saying here and what this new method achieves.

The facts show that I achieved a reduced rate of metabolic adaptation, improved mood, and superior lean mass retention - all of which are important when dieting to achieve low body fat levels.

It would be great if you can direct me to any other case studies that show such a level of lean mass retention at such low body fat levels.
    Last edited by Aguisa92; 12-04-2020 at 06:59 AM.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well done I am happy for you and have personally found that actually a few 36-60 hour fasts every so often has only helped me and never hindered me in my current cut

Kudos for actually providing some of the information when asked but this still smells of advertisement
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

Well DEXA scans have put even people who were about 12% at like 4-6% (I can’t remember the exact number but it was with Chris Bumstead in his off season where he was no where near stage ready)

Sorry I didn’t see where you said you did the slow cut wrong. I thought you were just accusing it of not working period and that got me a little fired up lol.

That makes more sense on why you were eating so little calories over the course of 3 days. I didn’t realize you only weighed about 150 at one point.

Dang I can’t believe the DEXA and the calipers were that far off (not really sure what a caliper is btw but I’m gonna guess it’s a BF test). If I ever get my BF tested I’m definitely not using the caliper. That’s like an ego stroke lol.

The reason I say I don’t believe in intermediate fasting is because of the extreme levels of dedication it takes. Yea it may optimize your hormones and cause fat loss, but honestly 99% of the population can’t go every third day without eating. That’s too unrealistic. Maybe the elite can follow this, but there aren’t very many elite people in the world. All you are doing with intermediate fasting is going into a caloric deficit. I think it is a lot more reasonable and sustainable to go into a slight caloric deficit each day and overtime lose weight.

Side note, I don’t know of a study that say this, but to me it makes sense that eating everyday will have better blood sugar levels. Maybe I’m wrong but it just seems like that to me since you will have a constant consumption of food instead of having no food and then a spike in food.

Good job btw with providing lots of case studies. You did do your research.

Originally Posted by Aguisa92 View Post
    Those videos were filmed a few months back when I was 20%

Check out my photo gallery to see my most recent pictures:

https://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/p...otos/175315912

I am 147 lbs and 5’ 8 in the final picture and that is 15% how many more pounds of fat would you say I need to lose to be stage ready, looking at the pics in the article, because I am struggling to find anywhere on my body I can lose any more fat.
    That makes sense, you are much leaner now than in those videos. I thought you were claiming sub ten in the vids. You should shoot some new videos with your current physique. The proof as they say, is in the pudding.