Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This happened in my university

They must be ****ting bricks LOL
    Every man should be able to crush offenders penis using his rock solid glutes if he is victim of anal assault attempt

B/S/D: 315/365x5/525

Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Visel View Post
    Knew a guy who cheated in Computer Science courses. Seriously despised this loser. He "early-withdrawed" some courses, failed some, think it took him 6 or 7 years to graduate with a Bachelor's, which he blamed on his family's pressure to do ROTC / army stuff after I confronted him about it (and by proxy having no time for studying/sleep allegedly).

He'd ask me to sit next to him during exams to copy, send him copies of my code, etc. Never did any of that BS. Did explain topics to him in a way he'd hopefully digest it and implement it himself though.

If you're cheating in college, you're essentially lying about your ability to learn and implement the material, which is the whole freaking point of obtaining a Bachelor's degree. You're trying to convey to employers that you have a certain level of competency!
    Im sure employers will be pleased to hear it took him 7 years to get a bachelors

SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by notbadnotbrad View Post
    Every company I’ve worked at has done a background check. I’ve worked at 4 now.

I think your 1 in 100 example is way off for any type of professional job where you work for a large, reputable organization.
    Originally Posted by verymuchalpha View Post
    It's not. Any reputable company will run a background check.
    CS crew. I'm almost positive employers verifying degrees in this field doesn't happen often.

Originally Posted by Visel View Post
    Knew a guy who cheated in Computer Science courses. Seriously despised this loser. He "early-withdrawed" some courses, failed some, think it took him 6 or 7 years to graduate with a Bachelor's, which he blamed on his family's pressure to do ROTC / army stuff after I confronted him about it (and by proxy having no time for studying/sleep allegedly).

He'd ask me to sit next to him during exams to copy, send him copies of my code, etc. Never did any of that BS. Did explain topics to him in a way he'd hopefully digest it and implement it himself though.

If you're cheating in college, you're essentially lying about your ability to learn and implement the material, which is the whole freaking point of obtaining a Bachelor's degree. You're trying to convey to employers that you have a certain level of competency!
    Yeah, and I know from first hand experience what happens to people like him. He finally gets his degree, maybe gets some interviews and flops on the whiteboard question and doesn't get a relevant job. In the end all he did was waste 7 years and a bunch of money.
    Best lifts:
    Bench press: 315x4, 345x1
    Squat: 465x1
    Strict press: 185x8, 195x5, 215x1
    Deadlift: 405x13 (conv tap'n'go with straps)

Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AshWar View Post
    This happened in my university

They must be ****ting bricks LOL
    Must be some pretty damning evidence for 100 students to get busted

billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I disagree. It depends on why you are cheating. If you have zero knowledge about the content and you're just cheating to pass, then yeah, you're an idiot because you will fail in the real world.

On the other hand, just lol at spending hours memorizing formulas like the black scholes just so you can say "yeah I didn't cheat!". You will never be asked to pull out chit from raw memory in the real world.
    This. I suck in learning environments, but if a job shows me how to do it hands on I'll remember forever. Sitting in a class and learning isn't for everyone.
    I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you.

AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Goodguy03 View Post
    Must be some pretty damning evidence for 100 students to get busted
    IIRC the prof planted some fake solutions on Chegg or some other website, and almost all students just copied those answers cause the exam was from home.
    Every man should be able to crush offenders penis using his rock solid glutes if he is victim of anal assault attempt

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I disagree. It depends on why you are cheating. If you have zero knowledge about the content and you're just cheating to "pass", then yeah, you're an idiot because you will fail in the real world.

On the other hand, just lol at spending hours memorizing formulas like the black scholes just so you can say "yeah I didn't cheat!".
    I would agree there MAY be decent times for cheating. But its def. Usually inadequacy

Further, its def. NOT more efficient. Maybe in using it but not after

If i asked two students a question. One cheated, one did not

Student a: learned material, absorbed it, able to apply
    Student b: did not, will have to scuttle to find the answer, may have to rely on someone else

One will know the answer, the other will not

Student b is def. Not more efficient. It is the opposite

SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AshWar View Post
    IIRC the prof planted some fake solutions on Chegg or some other website, and almost all students just copied those answers cause the exam was from home.
    A professor from my alma mater did that same exact thing with Chegg looool

He asked everyone to own up to it that did it and he would go easy on them. And if you didn't own up to it, he went in dry
    Best lifts:
    Bench press: 315x4, 345x1
    Squat: 465x1
    Strict press: 185x8, 195x5, 215x1
    Deadlift: 405x13 (conv tap'n'go with straps)

orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) orangetide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you realize that a lot of rich, well-connected kids, the kind that end up as CEOs and on board of directors, cheat all the way through school and career?

They end up paying tutors the highest rates.

And everyone in online courses cheat nowadsys.

jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    If i asked two students a question. One cheated, one did not

Student a: learned material, absorbed it, able to apply
    Student b: did not, will have to scuttle to find the answer, may have to rely on someone else
    The answer is C: both students won't remember dick about their schooling 2 years into their career and technology/workplace/market changes often enough that you have to be constantly learning new tech and methods to keep up. brb relying on my college education 10 years into my career still. It is why after you have a job or two after college, your education section becomes a footnote to say that yes, you have a degree.

COLLEGE IS A SCAM, PEOPLE! Medical degrees are super important sure, but all these places that require "a college degree" that don't even require it to be in a specific field? GTFO. All of the State of IL is requiring college degrees for most of their state workers, yet it can be in anything.

Imagine making people go into debt for half of their remaining life to get a writ of employment, basically, that doesn't necessarily help you in the slightest bit with your work. I guess it doesn't matter to them since you'll be a public sector employee and the government will just erase your student loan debt after 10 years. Complete fkin circle jerk at the expense of the tax payers.

AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by notbadnotbrad View Post
    I don’t understand why you wouldn’t cheat.

College is a scam and it’s created a massive student loan debt bubble because society says you need college to succeed in life.

If I could go back to university I would try to cheat as much as humanly possible, kind of a way to stick it to the entire corrupt system.
    brad you should never imagine that you're considered anything less than a paragon of mediocrity here.

that you also possess no personal code of ethics will come as no surprise to anyone who has read your threads.

you are the downfall of western manhood: personified.
    do not read my posts and weep, i am not there i do not sleep
    i am the thousand greens that rep, i am the ban bet dutifully kept
    of memes and trolls in toasted breads, i am not there, i am not dead.

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Let's be real, in what world will companies hire you straight out of university and expect you to perfectly apply academic concepts without on-the-job training?
    Yea, thats about the only answer to it tbh.

But it doesnt take away from the actual efficiency of this specific point, which is what youre talking about. Your take requires a lot of assumptions

What is more likely is that same student is more efficient elsewhere as well

Not 100% but given what we know, yes. And the other less efficient

Originally Posted by AltarOfPlagues View Post
    brad you should never imagine that you're considered anything less than a paragon of mediocrity here.

that you also possess no personal code of ethics will come as no surprise to anyone who has read your threads.

you are the downfall of western manhood: personified.
    LOL measly reps

GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GiveMeTheD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Only cheating themselves

DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find it funny the misc seems to support cheating when it's stealing which is something most miscers don't support. I understand that everyone has cheated in some capacity in life and we're not talking about small edge cases, but to sit there and willingly not do any of the work or studying for the entire term, then to have the audacity to ask me to help you cheat or to assume you can just look at my work and get the same grade is robbing me of time and effort. If I spent the time and effort to learn the material to get an A and then you come in and cheat off me and receive the same score you have lowered the value of my score and effectively told me my time wasn't as valuable as yours. If you come in and Ace it with no effort because you can do it on your own more power to you, but imagine for a second in your real job that you did 100% of the work for some project and then someone else you know didn't do anything gets the same praise and rewards for your own work. You'd ****ing hate that dude even if it was the "smart" choice in his position to cheat or act as if he did something. I've always treated school like a job, you're not getting any credit for work that I did if you didn't at least help or try to help. Obviously not all cases are the same, but in general it's dumb to cheat and using the argument that college is a scam is pretty stupid when you willingly chose to go there and adhere to their rules then complain later that it's a scam all the while making it more scam like by lowering the value of grades, assessments and degrees through acts of deceit.

jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimbone21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GiveMeTheD View Post
    Only cheating themselves
    teacher: "OK students, on today's test you will be able to use your book and your notes if you'd like"
    givemethed: "No thanks, ma'am. I'd only be cheating myself."

Originally Posted by jimbone21 View Post
    teacher: "OK students, on today's test you will be able to use your book and your notes if you'd like"
    well open book tests are a completely different scenario

gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gore313 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have paid essaybrah four times for his services, u mad?

DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jimbone21 View Post
    I think you missed the part about cheating, meaning breaking the rules. If the rules stipulate notes / open book then you're not cheating by using them. Nobody disputes using notes is more helpful than not.

DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this is why so many people wash out of engineering. I'd say 50% of pre-engineering or engineering majors are in the college of business by their third year or a tradie. A kid that sat in front of my in statics was retaking it and he said if he has to take a third time he's straight up dropping out and becoming a tradie. There's basically no way to BS your way through engineering. As aforementioned... exams are usually 4-5 questions that require all work and nothing but a pencil and a non-programmable calculator. You can "cheat" on the HW... chegg w/e they don't care. If you aren't digesting the material you are digging your own grave. Then when you've finally graduated and got your engineering degree you think it's time to make $ and go to work. HAHA. Nope, now you must take the PE or FE.

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Off the charts cope ITT.

Jump through all the mental hoops you need to jump through to convince yourself that you didn’t really harm your own education or do anything wrong, but you’re not fooling those of us who don’t cheat.

Srs.

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rajc View Post
    jfl only a teacher would say this and then actually believe what he is saying too lmaooooooooooooooooooo
    Lol but yeah, I believe it.

JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500) JohnDz2 is not very helpful. (-500)
    ur stupid if you don't cheat.

Half the classes in degrees are ****ing worthless. I mean you have to take those stupid core classes that are worthless. What kind of ****ing programmer needs a class in american history?

What matters is the piece of paper, most of the **** you learn is worthless, and the real useful info is learned on the job.

I made a post one time for the Misc detailing the three most important virtues (in my humble opinion).

Let’s just say all you degenerates are violating two of them.

Originally Posted by JohnDz2 View Post
    What kind of ****ing programmer needs a class in american history?
    This is exactly the type of thing I would expect to hear from a 13-year-old kid.

Let’s think. What on earth could you possibly need to know history for?

Also, your employers don’t wanna see your degree because of how much history you learned (unless you’re applying to be a history teacher or museum curator). They want to know if you’re the type of person they can start a thing that takes years, work your way through it, and complete it. They also want to know if you can read, write, and think your way through a variety problems (and no, not by cheating).

And if you don’t cheat, college is one way of demonstrating that.

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Goodguy03 View Post
    cheating on stuff that has no relation to your major isnt as bad
    If you just blatantly cheat on everything then yeah, you really aren't getting your money's worth out of college. But if your an engineering major taking some bullchit class like Bible Studies as an elective, then idgaf about the work since I have other classes I need to study five times as hard for. I had a few electives where attendance wasn't mandatory and I legit did not show up for a single class outside of the Mid-Term and the Final, and I would still pull an A.

In my Bible Studies class we had to read the Bible and then a bunch of other books that were related to it, and the final was all of the books combined into one. I did not have the time to read or study that crap since it would have taken days, and I had classes like Thermodynamics, Mechanical Design, and Vibrations to study for, and the only reason I took it was because it was the only easy class left to take for my Gen Ed requirements. The professor (nun) said we could bring in any materials that we wanted for the final, and I legit printed out maybe 50 pages consisting of all the Spark Notes, Expert Analysis on the Bible and Books, and what not. Professor came around to hand me my test and saw all the chit on my desk and was like wtf is this crap? and I'm like sista you said we could have anything. Ended up writing the paper, barely using the notes anyway and still got the A.

But if you are an engineer and are copying engineering homework without understanding the concepts and blatantly cheating on tests, then yeah you are a fukkin idiot and at some point in your life it will catch up to you. BUT on the same coin, I've seen kids who absolutely suck ass at school, barely getting D's and C's, and then went put into real world hands on scenarios they are geniuses.

Originally Posted by DeputyDong5 View Post
    this is why so many people wash out of engineering. I'd say 50% of pre-engineering or engineering majors are in the college of business by their third year or a tradie. A kid that sat in front of my in statics was retaking it and he said if he has to take a third time he's straight up dropping out and becoming a tradie. There's basically no way to BS your way through engineering. As aforementioned... exams are usually 4-5 questions that require all work and nothing but a pencil and a non-programmable calculator. You can "cheat" on the HW... chegg w/e they don't care. If you aren't digesting the material you are digging your own grave. Then when you've finally graduated and got your engineering degree you think it's time to make $ and go to work. HAHA. Nope, now you must take the PE or FE.
    This is pretty much true. I can't tell you how many kids wash out of engineering. The first two years are a joke with basic classes that are steps up from High School, but then Junior and Senior year the classes get incredibly hard and time consuming. I spent many weekends staying in and just studying the text books, notes, and example problems. I've seen kids stuck on Statics and Dynamics which are Sophomore level courses when they are Seniors, and are pre-requisites to the even harder classes. They then just copy everything and don't actually learn chit, and then if they do pass they get wrecked by the harder courses. I've seen a few kids who were stuck get a test back with a terrible grade and drop out of school right then and there, srs.

IMO I agree you can't really cheat in Engineering, because at some point you will need to combine everything. I've had professors where the test problems were the same as the homework ones, and the test would be easy. I would then have a teacher who'd make custom questions that were based off of his own professional design work that required you to use all your classes into one or two problems. Kid's got absolutely massacred by that class and at least 50% of the kids ended up failing/dropping out. Typically your Junior Year Spring Semester you take a introductory design course which will combine all facets of your education up to that point, but it's still manageable. Every other class before that is hard, but they are really contained within themselves and you don't need to apply outside knowledge. Then Senior Year you have a Capstone Design Class that stretches the entire year and is a culmination of every single class you've ever had, and is incredibly hard. If there was ever a moment where you contemplate dropping out of school and doing G4P, it's after the first test of your Design Class Senior Year.
    Last edited by JStrez; 12-01-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

Originally Posted by DrumsNotDead View Post
    I think you missed the part about cheating, meaning breaking the rules. If the rules stipulate notes / open book then you're not cheating by using them. Nobody disputes using notes is more helpful than not.
    So what exactly does it mean to "cheat yourself" then? All these people posting about how you'll do bad professionally if you cheat in college implies to me that you aren't learning the work. If taking a test after studying is the best way to learn the work, then how can an open book test not be cheating yourself?

It is all BS anyway. If you can get a perfect grade and also learn the work enough to get into a career and continue learning things that matter and not BS like the latin names of every previous version of humans (I got a C in that class because it was SO boring and SO worthless to anything I need in life to this day) then you'll be more successful than if you studied hard and made some mistakes and got a lower score. You don't get extra credit for being honest and you are competing against your classmates whether it is a curved grading scale or class rank or who gets the job after college.

DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DeputyDong5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrewDarden View Post
    I made a post one time for the Misc detailing the three most important virtues (in my humble opinion).

Let’s just say all you degenerates are violating two of them.
    you can't actually believe this. Sorry but as an engineering major who is taking diff eq/thermo/circuits/programming, if there's a clear road to an A in Art Appreciation or history by "cheating" so be it... it gives me time for my other classes which are actually fkn important.

you can't actually believe this.
    I do.

you can't actually believe this. Sorry but as an engineering major who is taking diff eq/thermo/circuits/programming, if there's a clear road to an A in Art Appreciation or history by "cheating" so be it... it gives me time for my other classes which are actually fkn important.
    You're not at a higher plane than the rest by taking engineering classes. I did my bachelor's in mech and master's in Aero/CFD, and took plenty of electives not related to my major. Did just fine on them without cheating. If those easy ass electives are taking time away from studying thermo, you suck at time management or are just dumb