FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What should i do? 5'7 163lbs

Good morning guys, will get straight to the point

I am 5'7 163lbs currently, i have been working out consistently for the past year or so and ended up like the first picture, is that any good? Please be honest, i want to be better, don't sugarcoat me.
    Recently I underwent surgery and that put me out of the gym for the past 3 months and lost all my muscle temporary. ( that's the second pic )

Judging by my second pic, what should i do? Cut, maintenance,bulk?

Bench Press - 180lbs
    Squat - 242lbs
    Deadlift - 290 lbs

I was following Coolcicada routine, got crazy strong for my scrawny ass(i believe so). But i don't want that no more.
    I am done with strength honestly, before i get back to doing heavy lifts i want a somewhat good looking body.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Actually strength and muscle size go hand in hand. It might help you to read the size vs. strength sticky thread in the Workout Programs forum.

Coolcicada is actually more geared towards gaining mass than most so I'm not really sure what kind of routine you are expecting. You don't have to lift heavy weights to grow muscle - but actually, using lighter weights can be harder because and less efficient for some.

pmiguel01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Actually strength and muscle size go hand in hand. It might help you to read the size vs. strength sticky thread in the Workout Programs forum.

Coolcicada is actually more geared towards gaining mass than most so I'm not really sure what kind of routine you are expecting. You don't have to lift heavy weights to grow muscle - but actually, using lighter weights can be harder because and less efficient for some.

I just finished reading your post on the size vs strength thread and I clearly see what I was doing wrong.
    I was used to going very hard on the main compound exercises and that goes for 3-5 sets and going easier on the rest. Will change that, will go really hard on every single exercise from now on, obviously paying attention to how much I can actually doing safely.

I was thinking that maybe a workout plan with more reps in a certain way, on ths 10-12 rep range would be better, maybe i am wrong.

One last input, should I do maintenance calories? I feel somewhat fat to bulk and somewhat too little muscle to cut. The typical skinny fat i believe

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pmiguel01 View Post
    One last input, should I do maintenance calories? I feel somewhat fat to bulk and somewhat too little muscle to cut. The typical skinny fat i believe
    I would go either maintenance or a very slight deficit. You have enough fat on you to continue to fuel muscle growth, you should not be bulking.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.