MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Would you subscribe to a lifting journal application?

I have heavy duty spreadsheet that allows for multiple ways to view the entered data. It is adaptive to the user in that they choose what stats are and are not displayed, so the view is never clogged with stuff you don't think is important. I have the idea that I could host it to a website and charge a monthly subscription fee, after a month or two free trial. It would most likely require a computer to use, windows only, no apple. This spreadsheet is really too big for frustration free use on a mobile device. At best I could probably have a data entry widget for easy mobile use, but that would be for inputting data during the workout.

So my question is, if you would be willing to subscribe, what would you expect to see as far as features and how much would you be willing to pay a month?
    Last edited by MrKasab; 11-30-2020 at 12:33 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrKasab View Post
    It would most likely require a computer to use, windows only, no apple. This spreadsheet is really too big for frustration free use on a mobile device.
    So I have to buy a Windows laptop and bring it to the gym every workout? I'm in!

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good idea, but some have already beat you to it. There are mobile apps available that do just that, and more. Such as structuring your workout routine based on how often you log, ect.

What it sounds like you're proposing is more specific - maybe those looking to track specific markers such as tonnage, RPE vs intensity input, ect.

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like JeFit I think its called. You can make up many different programs and track them and it even helps with what your 1 rep max should be etc if you can't have a spot to check. I used it free for a while but ended up throwing down for the annual fee.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Zschnack87 View Post
    I like JeFit I think its called. You can make up many different programs and track them and it even helps with what your 1 rep max should be etc if you can't have a spot to check. I used it free for a while but ended up throwing down for the annual fee.
    What made you decide to go for the paid version?

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrKasab View Post
    What made you decide to go for the paid version?
    Just little stuff like being able to alter the program on the go. I can sub a lift for a different, similar one that it suggests and its usually pretty good on suggestions. They also sometimes have contests and stuff you can get in on. Its a pretty nice app that actually shows you the movement too when its time to lift and it has a rest counter on there. I like to set it for 60 seconds, then I log my set, and it starts and then it alarms in my headphones when rest period is up. At the end it tells you how much lbs you lifted, how many exercises, etc. They were doing a fun thing right now letting you know how many dozens of turkeys you lifted. Haha
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly no. Because the best non mobile training app is the Reactive Training Systems one, and it's entirely free.

I think you'd have to make it mobile friendly to ever charge for an app like that.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd subscribe to an app (or rather, pay a one-time as I don't like monthly/annual payments) if it was super flexible and was also able to be accessed through the PC, since this would cut down time to replicate the workout in Excel.

Although to be honest you'd be hard pressed to find anything which is better than Excel, although I'm biased since I use Excel all the time for my job and it's very versatile.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Me personally I just prefer paper books that I either make or purchases for practically nothing, so I wouldn't subscribe since what you're describing can already be done for free (then you look at the audacity of BB.com making what is already easily available online for free like exercises and making them premium subscriptions items).

Unless someone has a surface pro, I wouldn't see this being useful since the method would be limited to only windows.
    Just keep on going.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You seriously need to check out the competition. I don't and wouldn't use an app but there are plenty which are free or already a long way ahead of where you are now.