Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55
  1. #1
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline

    Exclamation Im at Rock bottom career wise need help(14k+reps)

    Whats up guys, I'm basically in the worst position I have ever been in. I'm 28 almost 29 and currently unemployed for the last 3 months and not collecting any unemployment so I'm basically draining the few dollars I have left in my saving account. I started driving for Uber Eats for some extra income to slow down me draining my savings account. My monthly expenses are about $1200 not counting food,gas,etc. I'm basically looking for some steps to follow or for some one to point me in the right direction bc i feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

    Job history
    -Assistant manger GNC
    -Assistant manger Vitamin shoppe
    -Sales rep T-Mobile
    -Correction Officer the last 3 yrs
    -Recruit police officer but quit after 2 month
    -Currently jobless

    I was a CO for 3 years I was great at my job but HATED everything about it, from the supervisors to the policy. A-Z it was a horrible job and every person who worked at Rikers Island can agree. Fast forward to July of this year I move out of state to be a PO. Things were going well then made a rash decision to quit. I have my reasons which it may have been a stupid decision bc it was my dream job but whats done is done. Since September I have been jobless and I'm losing all hope. I have no motivation and feel its the end. To make matters worse I feel like i will eventually lose my gf bc I don't have a career anymore. Not bc i think she will leave me just bc what woman would want a guy with no career. I feel as im going no where fast


    Cons
    -Bad background(Regular job im fine nothing serious but most law enforcement jobs pretty much wont hire me)
    -Hearing issue(Recently got bad news that i cant hear high pitch sounds so most law enforcement jobs wont take me bc of this, but in reality my hearing is fine)
    -Bad back i cant do any hard labor. So any union job/Construction if its back breaking i cant do. Regardless its very hard to get a union job unless you know someone
    -No skills of any sort
    - GPA 1.7 bc i dropped out of college in my 3rd semester to work full time. I stopped showing up so got Fs GPA dropped from 2.5 to a 1.7 no degree. Its been 10 years and I have the math level of prob a middle school kid as i dont remember anything and i suck at writing papers.
    -Gonna be 29 years old

    Pros
    -No debt
    -800+ credit score
    -Should be getting 50k+ from a settlement within the next 2-5 months.



    I'm not sure what todo at this point. I'm thinking to start get a "regular" job first then try to figure out a career. problem is i need something to pay $20+ to keep up with my bills as NYC is very expensive. Im trying to go back to tmobile as they pay well $17 an hour plus commission but its not looking good.


    My 2 pipe dreams i have are go back to college and get my GPA up to a 2.75 or higher then apply for nursing school. Issue with that is it would be a year of school then 2-3 years for nursing school so around 4 year or a little less total. Another problem with that is how intense the work load is. I know a few nurses and all of them say how they were studying all day everyday and im terrible at math and writing. Bio and anatomy im good at or would be bc it interest me so i woudlny have any issues retaining the information.

    My other pipe dream is investing 10k and starting my own supplement company. Thats my passion and i think i would be good at it. Problem is i know nothing about business or starting up but im sure i can do a ton of research. 2nd issue is its a competitive market but what isn't?




    So other then my 2 pipe dreams i feel lost and i have never felt this way before in my life. Ive never been depressed but this is got to be what it feels like.
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User mikeoc322's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Age: 31
    Posts: 2,103
    Rep Power: 14576
    mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    mikeoc322 is offline
    This is one of the rare times where "learn to code" is the right advice. You have nothing to lose, limited alternative options, and the money and time on your hands to invest in learning new skills.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by mikeoc322 View Post
    This is one of the rare times where "learn to code" is the right advice. You have nothing to lose, limited alternative options, and the money and time on your hands to invest in learning new skills.

    An acquaintance of mine who works in IT recommended something like this, I'm not really computer savy but say I do learn something like C++ or python then what? Who would hire me and positions can you apply for? I feel like majority of companies wont look at you unless you have at least a 4 year degree
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Also Im not so sure how much "time" i have on my hands. Yea I have time but i don't have forever. If i come up with a good plan that solid and can take 2-3 years to reach my goal then that's fine. My goals when I was a CO was to buy a house by the time I was 30 which was very realistic bc at that point in time i would have a 100k+ salary and a good amount saved for the down payment. So going from im gonna buy a house soon and maybe get engaged soon to i have no income and at rock bottom is a devastating jump.
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    CHOOOOOON! H00J's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2019
    Posts: 2,569
    Rep Power: 12718
    H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) H00J is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    H00J is offline
    Damn brah I'm 28 almost 29 too (March crewz)

    Same
    Stuck in a **** job I hate

    Also thinking of nursing (srs)

    Fuk everything
    Hottest women in their prime in no particular order:
    •Jennifer Connelly•Denise Richards•Jessica Biel
    •Jane Fonda •Megan Fox•Sofia Vergara
    •Maria Menounos•Sharon Stone•Sarah McDaniel
    •Lana Rhoades/Jessa Rhodes/Isis Taylor
    •Keisha Grey/Nicole Aniston/Aidra Fox
    •Alina Lopez/Holly Michaels/Mia Melano
    •Molly X/Chrissy Blair/Stephanie Ann Cook
    *Mint Mobile Masterrace (MMM)*
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by H00J View Post
    Damn brah I'm 28 almost 29 too (March crewz)

    Same
    Stuck in a **** job I hate

    Also thinking of nursing (srs)

    Fuk everything
    Feelz, The job i once hated i would take back in a second if i could go back. Grass aint always greener i learnt that the hard way.The good thing with nursining is 2-3 years of school gets you a guaranteed good paying job off the bat. Problem is the workload is extremly intense and from what i hear you need a B or higher on every test to stay in the program. Were not 25 anymore so whatever i choose next is do or die.
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered Loser koloxid's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: California, United States
    Posts: 16,366
    Rep Power: 9319
    koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    koloxid is offline
    Whatever you do, dont start another **** supplement company. good luck
    <Made by Koloxoid>
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User mikeoc322's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Age: 31
    Posts: 2,103
    Rep Power: 14576
    mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    mikeoc322 is offline
    Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    An acquaintance of mine who works in IT recommended something like this, I'm not really computer savy but say I do learn something like C++ or python then what? Who would hire me and positions can you apply for? I feel like majority of companies wont look at you unless you have at least a 4 year degree
    You won't get hired to do any development work for your first gig in software. Junior positions are heavily competed over. What you want to do instead is target entry-level cross-functional roles that support other areas of the business, while still giving you some exposure to the software development lifecycle. Do a keyword search for jobs with the title "Implementation Specialist." That's an example of a good post-sales role that involves a little bit of everything, from project management, to training and support. But more importantly, it's the kind of job that will give you an opportunity to interact with your IT team, which is what you want. From there, the rest is up to you. Work hard, show initiative, and commit to learning your company's technology stack. If you are successful, and your technical skills are up to snuff, you'll get an opportunity to move into IT. People who know the business + technology are extremely valuable to a company. That's your angle to out-compete Pajeet.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User NicaM's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Location: United States
    Age: 26
    Posts: 123
    Rep Power: 2810
    NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    NicaM is offline
    Just a thought, I don't know at all what it's like out your way, or if there's one near you, but around here Walmart's actually pretty decent to work for, and with your experience you'd have a good shot at a team lead position, which should pay your $20+/hr. On top of that, they offer online college classes for $1/day, starting from date of hire, and I'm pretty sure there's a program that would get you started on a nursing degree.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by koloxid View Post
    Whatever you do, dont start another **** supplement company. good luck

    Seems like start up cost are low around 10k to get everything up and running from my limited research. Only reason I’m considering it bc it’s my passion, I have knowledge of supplements and it’s low start up cost. Also seeing trash companies making it makes me think why can’t I

    Again it’s just a thought


    Originally Posted by mikeoc322 View Post
    You won't get hired to do any development work for your first gig in software. Junior positions are heavily competed over. What you want to do instead is target entry-level cross-functional roles that support other areas of the business, while still giving you some exposure to the software development lifecycle. Do a keyword search for jobs with the title "Implementation Specialist." That's an example of a good post-sales role that involves a little bit of everything, from project management, to training and support. But more importantly, it's the kind of job that will give you an opportunity to interact with your IT team, which is what you want. From there, the rest is up to you. Work hard, show initiative, and commit to learning your company's technology stack. If you are successful, and your technical skills are up to snuff, you'll get an opportunity to move into IT. People who know the business + technology are extremely valuable to a company. That's your angle to out-compete Pajeet.
    I will def look into this more, what exactly would the step by step be for me tho? I need a legit plan if I’m gonna dive into something. I can’t really just wing it



    Originally Posted by NicaM View Post
    Just a thought, I don't know at all what it's like out your way, or if there's one near you, but around here Walmart's actually pretty decent to work for, and with your experience you'd have a good shot at a team lead position, which should pay your $20+/hr. On top of that, they offer online college classes for $1/day, starting from date of hire, and I'm pretty sure there's a program that would get you started on a nursing degree.
    I can look into Walmart as it’s just a drive across the bridge but I wouldn’t settle for anything less then $20+ so I’m gonna check it out tomorrow
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered Patriot Omnivium's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: United States
    Posts: 12,346
    Rep Power: 33460
    Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Omnivium is offline
    Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    Job history
    -Assistant manger GNC
    -Assistant manger Vitamin shoppe
    -Sales rep T-Mobile
    -Correction Officer the last 3 yrs
    -Recruit police officer but quit after 2 month
    -Currently jobless

    I was a CO for 3 years I was great at my job but HATED everything about it, from the supervisors to the policy. A-Z it was a horrible job and every person who worked at Rikers Island can agree. Fast forward to July of this year I move out of state to be a PO. Things were going well then made a rash decision to quit. I have my reasons which it may have been a stupid decision bc it was my dream job but whats done is done. Since September I have been jobless and I'm losing all hope

    Cons
    -Bad background(Regular job im fine nothing serious but most law enforcement jobs pretty much wont hire me)
    -Hearing issue(Recently got bad news that i cant hear high pitch sounds so most law enforcement jobs wont take me bc of this, but in reality my hearing is fine)
    -Bad back i cant do any hard labor. So any union job/Construction if its back breaking i cant do. Regardless its very hard to get a union job unless you know someone
    -No skills of any sort
    - GPA 1.7 bc i dropped out of college in my 3rd semester to work full time. I stopped showing up so got Fs GPA dropped from 2.5 to a 1.7 no degree. Its been 10 years and I have the math level of prob a middle school kid as i dont remember anything and i suck at writing papers.
    I'm seeing a trend here. You could start by not sabotaging yourself at every turn. We all want to quit our jobs, but quitting your job without another one lined up and with little savings is just straight up irresponsible. No offense, just telling it like it is
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *Misc Crypto Crew*
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User paulinkansas's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2,928
    Rep Power: 20982
    paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    paulinkansas is offline
    Go to trade school and learn a trade. I rent houses to travelling welders, pipefitters, electricians etc working at a local refinery. Probably the best job is doing Non Destructive Testing. Pay is about $40/hour. They take about 12 x-rays a day, then do paperwork in an office. The worst job is probably a boilermaker, working in confined spaces with heat, working at high elevations, etc.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by Omnivium View Post
    I'm seeing a trend here. You could start by not sabotaging yourself at every turn. We all want to quit our jobs, but quitting your job without another one lined up and with little savings is just straight up irresponsible. No offense, just telling it like it is
    No trend I been working since I was 18 I’m 28 that’s 10 yrs of consistent working. Never was unemployed until now. The school thing we’ll I was 18 young and stupid didn’t know what I wanted todo had no direction. The quoting my last job thing well the reason I quit was bc it was out of state hours away from my hometown which had todo with my reason for quitting
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Go to trade school and learn a trade. I rent houses to travelling welders, pipefitters, electricians etc working at a local refinery. Probably the best job is doing Non Destructive Testing. Pay is about $40/hour. They take about 12 x-rays a day, then do paperwork in an office. The worst job is probably a boilermaker, working in confined spaces with heat, working at high elevations, etc.

    I will do some research on trades definitely, hoping their are programs that are not to long like maybe a year or so and you can get a job out the gate
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User ralphlaurenbrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Age: 31
    Posts: 6,477
    Rep Power: 9403
    ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ralphlaurenbrah is offline
    Look into cardiac sonography or dental hygienist. Both very solid careers.

    No matter what you’re going to live in poverty almost certainly unless you get a degree or certificate or learn a trade that is valuable to employers and has applicable skills actually used in the real world.

    Also your girl won’t leave you if you make a plan and are ambitious and actually go after something like the careers I have suggested and she believes in you and wants to support you and your passions. Talk to her and tell her what you’re thinking about doing for a career and how much you want to succeed etc and you both will feel better. Now make a decision of a career to pursue and fuking do it. No career is perfect so just pick one that you think is great and could interest you.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User ISurfNudeBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Posts: 11,614
    Rep Power: 143731
    ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ISurfNudeBrah is offline
    Nursing often gives people bad backs... may not be a great fit for you with an already blown back.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    I run the Misc Briangumble's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Posts: 7,291
    Rep Power: 7268
    Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000) Briangumble is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Briangumble is offline
    Why can't you get another law enforcement job? Move to a different town and apply for LE jobs there. Or even apply for security jobs. My job starts armed security guards at around $25 an hour.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Registered User DoragonKingu's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2018
    Age: 51
    Posts: 796
    Rep Power: 3255
    DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DoragonKingu is offline
    Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    Whats up guys, I'm basically in the worst position I have ever been in. I'm 28 almost 29 and currently unemployed for the last 3 months and not collecting any unemployment so I'm basically draining the few dollars I have left in my saving account. I started driving for Uber Eats for some extra income to slow down me draining my savings account. My monthly expenses are about $1200 not counting food,gas,etc. I'm basically looking for some steps to follow or for some one to point me in the right direction bc i feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

    Job history
    -Assistant manger GNC
    -Assistant manger Vitamin shoppe
    -Sales rep T-Mobile
    -Correction Officer the last 3 yrs
    -Recruit police officer but quit after 2 month
    -Currently jobless

    I was a CO for 3 years I was great at my job but HATED everything about it, from the supervisors to the policy. A-Z it was a horrible job and every person who worked at Rikers Island can agree. Fast forward to July of this year I move out of state to be a PO. Things were going well then made a rash decision to quit. I have my reasons which it may have been a stupid decision bc it was my dream job but whats done is done. Since September I have been jobless and I'm losing all hope. I have no motivation and feel its the end. To make matters worse I feel like i will eventually lose my gf bc I don't have a career anymore. Not bc i think she will leave me just bc what woman would want a guy with no career. I feel as im going no where fast


    Cons
    -Bad background(Regular job im fine nothing serious but most law enforcement jobs pretty much wont hire me)
    -Hearing issue(Recently got bad news that i cant hear high pitch sounds so most law enforcement jobs wont take me bc of this, but in reality my hearing is fine)
    -Bad back i cant do any hard labor. So any union job/Construction if its back breaking i cant do. Regardless its very hard to get a union job unless you know someone
    -No skills of any sort
    - GPA 1.7 bc i dropped out of college in my 3rd semester to work full time. I stopped showing up so got Fs GPA dropped from 2.5 to a 1.7 no degree. Its been 10 years and I have the math level of prob a middle school kid as i dont remember anything and i suck at writing papers.
    -Gonna be 29 years old

    Pros
    -No debt
    -800+ credit score
    -Should be getting 50k+ from a settlement within the next 2-5 months.



    I'm not sure what todo at this point. I'm thinking to start get a "regular" job first then try to figure out a career. problem is i need something to pay $20+ to keep up with my bills as NYC is very expensive. Im trying to go back to tmobile as they pay well $17 an hour plus commission but its not looking good.


    My 2 pipe dreams i have are go back to college and get my GPA up to a 2.75 or higher then apply for nursing school. Issue with that is it would be a year of school then 2-3 years for nursing school so around 4 year or a little less total. Another problem with that is how intense the work load is. I know a few nurses and all of them say how they were studying all day everyday and im terrible at math and writing. Bio and anatomy im good at or would be bc it interest me so i woudlny have any issues retaining the information.

    My other pipe dream is investing 10k and starting my own supplement company. Thats my passion and i think i would be good at it. Problem is i know nothing about business or starting up but im sure i can do a ton of research. 2nd issue is its a competitive market but what isn't?




    So other then my 2 pipe dreams i feel lost and i have never felt this way before in my life. Ive never been depressed but this is got to be what it feels like.
    Financial Aide and go back to school get a degree in something you love.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by ralphlaurenbrah View Post
    Look into cardiac sonography or dental hygienist. Both very solid careers.

    No matter what you’re going to live in poverty almost certainly unless you get a degree or certificate or learn a trade that is valuable to employers and has applicable skills actually used in the real world.

    Also your girl won’t leave you if you make a plan and are ambitious and actually go after something like the careers I have suggested and she believes in you and wants to support you and your passions. Talk to her and tell her what you’re thinking about doing for a career and how much you want to succeed etc and you both will feel better. Now make a decision of a career to pursue and fuking do it. No career is perfect so just pick one that you think is great and could interest you.
    Thank you for this, I think dentist hygienist is on par with being a nurse with the workload but I will double check. I know a lot of nurses and a few hygienist

    Originally Posted by ISurfNudeBrah View Post
    Nursing often gives people bad backs... may not be a great fit for you with an already blown back.
    Really? I can’t imagine why...I mean I know for sure they call on male nurses for heavy lifting but it’s not like I will be digging holes or pouring concrete all day

    Originally Posted by Briangumble View Post
    Why can't you get another law enforcement job? Move to a different town and apply for LE jobs there. Or even apply for security jobs. My job starts armed security guards at around $25 an hour.
    Most likely can’t bc my background is rly bad for law enforcement standards (speeding tickets, write ups at my old corrections job,etc) also I apparently developed a hearing issue so I will fail their hearing test depending what their requirements are.(my hearing is fine in general)


    Originally Posted by DoragonKingu View Post
    Financial Aide and go back to school get a degree in something you love.
    That’s an option, that’s why I was thinking of nursing since i love helping people and interested in the human body and mechanism of actions of drugs. What scares me is the workload in these accelerated nursing programs. I hear nursing school is you’re life for 2-3 years until you finish. Studying all day every day
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  20. #20
    Registered User SavoyBrown's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: BC, Canada
    Posts: 54
    Rep Power: 275
    SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) SavoyBrown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SavoyBrown is offline
    Trades are good if you're uncertain and need a filler/fall back. In Canada the company/union will usually pay for your schooling and you get bursaries/incentives from the government and collect like a school ei. Essentially get paid the same amount you would if you were working. Not sure how it is in the States. I've got my ticket, all my schooling was paid for, make good money, didn't have to go into debt getting a degree I was unsure about, and never have to worry about employment. Trades get a bad rep, and now there's a lack of workers. As long as you're not a complete idiot its easy to move up as well.

    That being said, I'm trying to get out of the rat race and create passive income for myself. But trades was a good foundation to work from to enable me the opportunity to figure stuff out.
    Reply With Quote

  21. #21
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by SavoyBrown View Post
    Trades are good if you're uncertain and need a filler/fall back. In Canada the company/union will usually pay for your schooling and you get bursaries/incentives from the government and collect like a school ei. Essentially get paid the same amount you would if you were working. Not sure how it is in the States. I've got my ticket, all my schooling was paid for, make good money, didn't have to go into debt getting a degree I was unsure about, and never have to worry about employment. Trades get a bad rep, and now there's a lack of workers. As long as you're not a complete idiot its easy to move up as well.

    That being said, I'm trying to get out of the rat race and create passive income for myself. But trades was a good foundation to work from to enable me the opportunity to figure stuff out.
    To get in a good union in the states you need to know someone to get you in. To get in a crappy union like labor union or concrete just gotta get lucky with an application and you start off as an apprentice and then work you’re way up. This BS pandemic ain’t helping at all with finding a job
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  22. #22
    Registered User SniXSniPe's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: United States
    Posts: 2,123
    Rep Power: 4803
    SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    SniXSniPe is offline
    Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    An acquaintance of mine who works in IT recommended something like this, I'm not really computer savy but say I do learn something like C++ or python then what? Who would hire me and positions can you apply for? I feel like majority of companies wont look at you unless you have at least a 4 year degree
    That's absolutely not true that you need a degree.

    Programming is programming. They care more about how good you are programming, than if you have a degree. Having a portfolio helps. My friend has a degree in hotel & restaurant management. He quit the restaurant business. He took a coding bootcamp 6 months? 1 year? long. Now I'll admit, he's very hard working, and pretty intelligent, so coding came naturally to him.

    He has been programming for about 3 years now, and is already making 100k+. Keep in mind, he lives in Houston and works remote... He's switched jobs 3x those 3-years, working from like, a 65k salary to an 80k to where he is now. I don't want to say you'll follow the same career trajectory, because he really did turn out to be great at programming.

    You can try registering for some free online coding classes. I think schools like Harvard offer it for free. Sign up for something like Python and give it a shot on the side, as Python is a great language to start with and much easier than C++. Also, it can be great for something like, Data Analytics, where you can learn a bunch of other skills (all easier than programming), in case you don't see yourself ever wanting the programming life. Programming is a very good career field, but it takes work to get into it. If you're a hard worker and can be logical (programming, like math, is basically pure logic), then you can make it big.

    You're never too old to get into it. If you spend 1 year consistently programming and working to expand your skills, you can get a job. Also, make note of building a portfolio, if you decide to take this route.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #23
    Registered User Rattelsnake's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2020
    Posts: 269
    Rep Power: 2174
    Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000) Rattelsnake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rattelsnake is offline
    Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    Seems like start up cost are low around 10k to get everything up and running from my limited research. Only reason I’m considering it bc it’s my passion, I have knowledge of supplements and it’s low start up cost. Also seeing trash companies making it makes me think why can’t I

    Again it’s just a thought
    Stick with pursuing your passion. Supplements, helping people, the human body. Give starting your own supplement business a fair shot at least. Don't write it off so quick. Even if it's just a few hundred a month, then slowly grows from there. Get guidance from other business ownder who already run their own successful business to mentor you. This is the best option becuase it's your passion and what you'll probably work hardest at.

    You could consider also going to Naturopathy School and get a Naturopathy degree and combine practicing natural medicine along with supplements. If you're really set on modern medicine, you can use that to complement a Nurse Practitioner license and practice both modern medicine and natural medicine together. Modern medicien even for nurses is alomst like med school for doctors, these days NPs are almost doctors themselves.

    For immediate paycheck, I would use your security background to apply for jobs in a hospital or health care clinic to bring you more exposure to the health care world and increase your network. You could end up talking to people in HR, fellow workers such as radiologists, MRI technicians, lab technicians, etc. and a ton of other health care jobs that still work with treating the human body that don't require as much grueling schooling an NP would. And maybe the hospital or clinic has tuition reimbursement plan or could open up other opportunities through other career programs.

    Don't let setbacks get you down. All a setback is, is just an opportunity to reset your compass and recalibrate your aim closer towards your passion, so you can end up on a career path that doesn't feel like work and live a fulfilling life that brings joy and prosperity.
    Black Rifles Matter
    Reply With Quote

  24. #24
    calf of peace Schnitzl's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Posts: 11,923
    Rep Power: 95116
    Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Schnitzl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Schnitzl is offline
    Why don't you apply for a UPS/Amazon delivery driving positions? Can start instantly and don't need an education. Can make $16-27/hr and pretty non stressful.

    If you are not against moving somewhere else, train drivers are getting easy $25/hr for starters and you could be 6 figures in a couple of years. Just need to get a diploma or a paper first.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #25
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by SniXSniPe View Post
    That's absolutely not true that you need a degree.

    Programming is programming. They care more about how good you are programming, than if you have a degree. Having a portfolio helps. My friend has a degree in hotel & restaurant management. He quit the restaurant business. He took a coding bootcamp 6 months? 1 year? long. Now I'll admit, he's very hard working, and pretty intelligent, so coding came naturally to him.

    He has been programming for about 3 years now, and is already making 100k+. Keep in mind, he lives in Houston and works remote... He's switched jobs 3x those 3-years, working from like, a 65k salary to an 80k to where he is now. I don't want to say you'll follow the same career trajectory, because he really did turn out to be great at programming.

    You can try registering for some free online coding classes. I think schools like Harvard offer it for free. Sign up for something like Python and give it a shot on the side, as Python is a great language to start with and much easier than C++. Also, it can be great for something like, Data Analytics, where you can learn a bunch of other skills (all easier than programming), in case you don't see yourself ever wanting the programming life. Programming is a very good career field, but it takes work to get into it. If you're a hard worker and can be logical (programming, like math, is basically pure logic), then you can make it big.

    You're never too old to get into it. If you spend 1 year consistently programming and working to expand your skills, you can get a job. Also, make note of building a portfolio, if you decide to take this route.
    Coding is catching my eye. Something I may possible pursue. I’m just trying to find something where I’ll be set for the future. I’m trying to land a job right now to pay the bills then land something for the future.

    Nursing seems like a good Idea to me bc it’s a guaranteed high paying job once you complete the program. My main issue is idk if I’ll be able to handle the overload of work
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  26. #26
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by Rattelsnake View Post
    Stick with pursuing your passion. Supplements, helping people, the human body. Give starting your own supplement business a fair shot at least. Don't write it off so quick. Even if it's just a few hundred a month, then slowly grows from there. Get guidance from other business ownder who already run their own successful business to mentor you. This is the best option becuase it's your passion and what you'll probably work hardest at.

    You could consider also going to Naturopathy School and get a Naturopathy degree and combine practicing natural medicine along with supplements. If you're really set on modern medicine, you can use that to complement a Nurse Practitioner license and practice both modern medicine and natural medicine together. Modern medicien even for nurses is alomst like med school for doctors, these days NPs are almost doctors themselves.

    For immediate paycheck, I would use your security background to apply for jobs in a hospital or health care clinic to bring you more exposure to the health care world and increase your network. You could end up talking to people in HR, fellow workers such as radiologists, MRI technicians, lab technicians, etc. and a ton of other health care jobs that still work with treating the human body that don't require as much grueling schooling an NP would. And maybe the hospital or clinic has tuition reimbursement plan or could open up other opportunities through other career programs.

    Don't let setbacks get you down. All a setback is, is just an opportunity to reset your compass and recalibrate your aim closer towards your passion, so you can end up on a career path that doesn't feel like work and live a fulfilling life that brings joy and prosperity.
    Thank you, you make very good points
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  27. #27
    Trancebrah _zman's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Age: 35
    Posts: 7,826
    Rep Power: 26284
    _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    _zman is offline
    I think nursing or anything in healthcare sector seems pretty high need right now, locally anyway. You should definitely consider school and/or any certifications to work towards a career. It's never too late, so drop that attitude and move forward to a new career.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞
    Reply With Quote

  28. #28
    PHD in Broscience Tough92's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11,935
    Rep Power: 15774
    Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough92 is offline
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    I think nursing or anything in healthcare sector seems pretty high need right now, locally anyway. You should definitely consider school and/or any certifications to work towards a career. It's never too late, so drop that attitude and move forward to a new career.
    I'm procrastinating as we speak into signing up for my local CC to get my GPA up(To get accepted into nursing school) and taking some bio,chem,A&P classes to count towards the nursing program.


    I'm hesitant bc of the time and workload

    1 year at least of CC to get my GPA up
    2-3 years in nursing prgram


    I'm just wondering if i can handle an extreme workload for 2-3 yrs straight
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
    Reply With Quote

  29. #29
    Registered User SniXSniPe's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: United States
    Posts: 2,123
    Rep Power: 4803
    SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SniXSniPe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    SniXSniPe is offline
    Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    Coding is catching my eye. Something I may possible pursue. I’m just trying to find something where I’ll be set for the future. I’m trying to land a job right now to pay the bills then land something for the future.

    Nursing seems like a good Idea to me bc it’s a guaranteed high paying job once you complete the program. My main issue is idk if I’ll be able to handle the overload of work
    Wait tables & bartend. Go work at a nice ass steakhouse, you'll make good money and still have plenty of time to focus on school/education/whatever you decide on.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #30
    Trancebrah _zman's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Age: 35
    Posts: 7,826
    Rep Power: 26284
    _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    _zman is offline
    Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    I'm procrastinating as we speak into signing up for my local CC to get my GPA up(To get accepted into nursing school) and taking some bio,chem,A&P classes to count towards the nursing program.


    I'm hesitant bc of the time and workload

    1 year at least of CC to get my GPA up
    2-3 years in nursing prgram


    I'm just wondering if i can handle an extreme workload for 2-3 yrs straight
    Trust me, you can do anything if you put your mind to it and refuse to fail. I started failing right away on some tests in a few classes. Refused to give up, had a little cry session thinking I couldn't do it. Eventually got a 4.0 by the end of it. Make sure those CC course transfer to the program. You just have to understand this is the means to an end and keep going. Enjoy the learning process instead of thinking it's work. You have to actually want to learn it all because you'll be better off in 2-3 years and forget about how hard it was a few years from now.

    Look into nootropics to help with the studying. Caffiene+theanine is a good basic combo for motivation and energy. Oxiracetam and Aniracetam for memory and dopamine. Ashwaghanda is great for the stress, holy basil, etc. A lot of nootropics have an odd effect of making you want to learn and retain the information. They are pretty pricey, but were well worth it for my journey for a few years.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts