chubbsyt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Strange Situation/Fitness Level i've got myself in

I've tried to use the search function, nothing fits what I'd like to. If there's a more appropriate place to ask this, please advise.

I lost around 15 KG doing Keto up until late November last year, or at least extremely low carb combined with bro splits/somethings PPL. I find the challenge to do something more difficult than just reducing my CICO deficit a greater than usual, something that keeps me far more motivated to not slip up. Motivation isn't an issue for me, organization is.

Last Novemeber I had a serious right hand injury (im right handed) which led to an inability to go to do exercise besides months and months of physio and I've gained **** ton of weight back.

I've since gained a new job, 3 days from home, 2 days commuting 2 hours away, so i'd like these two as rest days and I can add a day or two at the weekend. I'd like advice on structure of a workout plan for someone in my position who's now gained around 80% movement/ability to use strength in my injured hand where I can stick to low carb and most importantly something that I can continue my 3 runs per week in which i do with my brother. I understand as much as anyone, those first leg workouts back in the gym are writeoff for a couple days but i'd like something that won't be writing off my legs week on week.

IM NOT ASKING FOR A WORK OUT PLAN. While that would be even better, I'm really just after a suggestion on something commonly available that will fit my situation. If anyone can recommend low carb related supplements that may aide the journey please do.
    Last edited by chubbsyt; 11-30-2020 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Unclear on days available

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) are good on low carb. Coconut oil. Get the virgin expellier pressed.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Your legs will adapt to weight training without excessive DOMS the day after if you do it with moderate frequency and ramp up the per-session volume, starting with a small workload.

So you have 5 days, how you structure it isn't that important but aim to put the running on a different day to lower body work, aim to work both upper and lower body muscle groups at least twice in a week each.

chubbsyt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Your legs will adapt to weight training without excessive DOMS the day after if you do it with moderate frequency and ramp up the per-session volume, starting with a small workload.

So you have 5 days, how you structure it isn't that important but aim to put the running on a different day to lower body work, aim to work both upper and lower body muscle groups at least twice in a week each.
    Realistically it'd be 4 days a week. Those two days with long hours commuting, I wouldn't be going to the gym but that those 5 days cover weekdays. I'd be going again on a Sat/sun to make it four days a week

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Can you go to a gym at lunch time where you work. I did this for a couple of years, I commuted 4 hours a day to London but the company I worked at had a gym I could use at lunch times.

Otherwise you have no real choice but to separate the running and lower body days as much as you can.